Folsom’s league wants them out

Ararar

Oh boy... 

How many schools has this happened too:

Camden County-The Savannah Schools wanted them gone and still want no part of them... Last time they played a Savannah school in conference the blowout was to the tune of 96-0.... 

Grayson... 

Buford... Hell they forced them up a class because no one wanted to play them yet along be in the same region... Even in the playoffs... 

Cartersville is Getting close to it... But to be fair the teams in their region ain't even competitive outside of Troup County who usually does give them all they want and then some... Troup County is usually stout... 

Benedictine- They had to get moved to 3A....2A teams where complaining... 

@JCGIII forgot about that BC got moved to 3A this year... Theyre in the region with the Savannah public's... Sigh... Back to the late 80s- early 2000s when Benedictine would kill the public's..  hell they beat Savannah HS in their 110th meeting 2 weeks back 67-0... 

Remember the days when M.L.King HS was a legit threat .remember they had to move up and they proved that regardless of what class they where in they where a legit threat hell they proved it by skull denting Valdosta in Valdosta 24-0

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So now we find out that  the devil benefits from Open enrollment.   Uh huh.  Evidently Not just your neighborhood public school live MV, as we've been led to believe.  Figures.  

They’ve had like 3 transfer this year. None that move the needle. It’s not easy to transfer to a public like it is a private. 

With that being said, I think the only way Folsom can compete with the best teams in Cali year in and year out is by getting a few transfers. 

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I loved the part where Richardson says, "it's not like we run up the score" Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their starters barely sniff the second half, ask Chaminade.

They can’t help it if they’re that much better than their league this season. 

What’s weird is everyone knew they were going to be rediculous this season it’s not surprising. I don’t expect them to be that dominant next season... unless they get more transfers 😂

• Like 1

As a fan of the SFL, I gotta say I agree with Grant Union's AD Carl Reed. The Pacers were doing what Folsom's doing now for the better part of 20 years. And local teams complained and didn't want to play them either. Shut up and beat 'em is right.

Quite honestly, I'm embarrassed for all the SFL programs that spoke up against Folsom -- and I'm far from a Folsom homer. I mean, in reality, they've been dominant for 6 years now. That's a far cry from a DLS-like situation of not losing a single game in league, section or NorCal for 27 years. Hell, this is only Folsom's 5th season in the damn league. And there are other sports besides football and Folsom's not dominating those.

I respect Coach Benzel of Rocklin, Coach Evans of Granite Bay and Coach Cavaliere of Oak Ridge, but the "let's get 'em out our league so one of us has a chance to win" attitude is something I detest. When Rocklin had numerous D1 athletes and were boat racing opponents in 2009, I doubt Benzel thought or felt the same way.

Also, I had no doubt Grant Union wasn't at all involved in this movement because they just joined the league this season and have been on Folsom's side of the coin before. And they always seek out top competition from the area. So they'll never have an issue with Folsom on their schedule. Seems like Del Oro doesn't take issue with it either. But, of course, both those programs have Open enrollment too so perhaps that makes some sense (although Grant Union doesn't draw kids to Del Paso Heights often).

I do acknowledge that Open enrollment does provide an advantage. But instead of addressing it with Folsom, you go behind their back to the CIF? How about trying to work with Folsom/Grant Union/Del Oro to see if they'd be open to switching from an open enrollment system? I recall hearing during the Summer that Folsom was actually doing that but then it suddenly changed. Or perhaps talk to your own district about going to open enrollment for the sake of competitiveness? IDK if any of that happened or not. But judging from Folsom's AD and coach reaction, it doesn't sound like it.

I gotta admit -- I'm still quite surprised to read about this. And shaking my head.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I loved the part where Richardson says, "it's not like we run up the score" Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a way he's right. It isn't the just Folsom's fault the other programs in their region/district do not field good squads.  After years of apathy, seeing what Folsom was doing, they still chose to  do other things. Folsom doesn't owe their enemies a lousy football team.Get better or quit complaining. Hire better coaches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JCGIII said:

In a way he's right. It isn't the just Folsom's fault the other programs in their region/district do not field good squads.  After years of apathy, seeing what Folsom was doing, they still chose to  do other things. Folsom doesn't owe their enemies a lousy football team.Get better or quit complaining. Hire better coaches.

But that makes to much sense... 

6 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

As a fan of the SFL, I gotta say I agree with Grant Union's AD Carl Reed. The Pacers were doing what Folsom's doing now for the better part of 20 years. And local teams complained and didn't want to play them either. Shut up and beat 'em is right.

Quite honestly, I'm embarrassed for all the SFL programs that spoke up against Folsom -- and I'm far from a Folsom homer. I mean, in reality, they've been dominant for 6 years now. That's a far cry from a DLS-like situation of not losing a single game in league, section or NorCal for 27 years. Hell, this is only Folsom's 5th season in the damn league. And there are other sports besides football and Folsom's not dominating those.

I respect Coach Benzel of Rocklin, Coach Evans of Granite Bay and Coach Cavaliere of Oak Ridge, but the "let's get 'em out our league so one of us has a chance to win" attitude is something I detest. When Rocklin had numerous D1 athletes and were boat racing opponents in 2009, I doubt Benzel thought or felt the same way.

Also, I had no doubt Grant Union wasn't at all involved in this movement because they just joined the league this season and have been on Folsom's side of the coin before. And they always seek out top competition from the area. So they'll never have an issue with Folsom on their schedule. Seems like Del Oro doesn't take issue with it either. But, of course, both those programs have Open enrollment too so perhaps that makes some sense (although Grant Union doesn't draw kids to Del Paso Heights often).

I do acknowledge that Open enrollment does provide an advantage. But instead of addressing it with Folsom, you go behind their back to the CIF? How about trying to work with Folsom/Grant Union/Del Oro to see if they'd be open to switching from an open enrollment system? I recall hearing during the Summer that Folsom was actually doing that but then it suddenly changed. Or perhaps talk to your own district about going to open enrollment for the sake of competitiveness? IDK if any of that happened or not. But judging from Folsom's AD and coach reaction, it doesn't sound like it.

I gotta admit -- I'm still quite surprised to read about this. And shaking my head.

Exactly how it works out here... 

The Camden and Grayson Scenario all over again... never confronted the schools immediately snitched to the GHSA... 

And sooner or later Cartersville,Carrollton and Rome are gonna face the same thing.... 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Shitheads like Rab running around on ten year campaigns besmirching programs don't help either.

Don't think the negative aspect of this issue is gonna go away, it seems human nature to think "if you're winning, you hafta be cheatin'".

Implicit bias it seems.

Regards,

BGW

Sad part is half these leagues aren't competitive to begin with... 

Are they gonna complain when they start making the playoffs and start getting worked by better teams... 

Just like The Savannah schools.... 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Shitheads like Rab running around on ten year campaigns besmirching programs don't help either.

Don't think the negative aspect of this issue is gonna go away, it seems human nature to think "if you're winning, you hafta be cheatin'".

Implicit bias it seems.

Regards,

BGW

If Rab made sense it would be scary... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

But that makes to much sense... 

Exactly how it works out here... 

The Camden and Grayson Scenario all over again... never confronted the schools immediately snitched to the GHSA... 

And sooner or later Cartersville,Carrollton and Rome are gonna face the same thing.... 

There is a new bunch in Thomaston. And the complaints are going to fall on deaf ears. Pandora's box is now open, and the folks who matter are going to leave local issues to the locals. Cry and whine all their enemies want,C,C,and R, are just getting going. Same with Marietta.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

There is a new bunch in Thomaston. And the complaints are going to fall on deaf ears. Pandora's box is now open, and the folks who matter are going to leave local issues to the locals. Cry and whine all their enemies want,C,C,and R, are just getting going. Same with Marietta.

Marietta is about to prove how unready their league is... 

They're gonna run through North Paulding like Indian Curry... 

And the only Reason I left Calhoun out of the list is because the nearest 3A league to them is South Metro Atlanta... And I can't imagine the GHSA wants to align some metro schools with the Tennessee Valley teams... 

8 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

I honestly think its more about the Reno express pipeline.  Like you said, they have not always been good.  Really it's only this year and the junior, senior years that Jake was there.  That's it.  3 years they were really good.  Hardly enough reason to give folsom the hammer.  That's why I really think its all the transfers, in which case they have a legit gripe since they are a public.  Other than that, nothing wrong with Folsom.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I honestly think its more about the Reno express pipeline.  Like you said, they have not always been good.  Really it's only this year and the junior, senior years that Jake was there.  That's it.  3 years they were really good.  Hardly enough reason to give folsom the hammer.  That's why I really think its all the transfers, in which case they have a legit gripe since they are a public.  Other than that, nothing wrong with Folsom.  

You gotta be fucking with me....

giphy.gif