What up Texas?

DevilDog

50 minutes ago, Champa said:

West Brook in a nutshell:

They don't play defense, but have a few kids that really make the offense go and give teams trouble. They did a little better this past week on the defensive side of the ball, but that ain't really saying much.

So what do you think, they keep it close for a half or does westlakes offensive injuries play into their hands? 

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

So what do you think, they keep it close for a half or does westlakes offensive injuries play into their hands? 

I got Westlake winning 28 - 14.

The only hope West Brook has is in their top play makers,  Elia and Mcgrue. Westlake comes from a weak region so maybe they haven't seen players like that in these playoffs. Elia might be the best running QB they've seen all year.

Unfortunately I don't think West Brook has seen a defense like Westlakes's either, and you don't need your starting QB to move the ball on this WB defense. I watched Katy Tompkins push them around for four quarters.

Just now, Champa said:

I got Westlake winning 28 - 14.

The only hope West Brook has is in their top play makers,  Elia and Mcgrue. Westlake comes from a weak region so maybe they haven't seen players like that in these playoffs. Elia might be the best running QB they've seen all year.

Unfortunately I don't think West Brook has seen a defense like Westlakes's either, and you don't need your starting QB to move the ball on this WB defense. I watched Katy Tompkins push them around for four quarters.

WB played north shore in district, so maybe that was a lesson learned on both sides of the ball. 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

WB played north shore in district, so maybe that was a lesson learned on both sides of the ball. 

Yeah....they had better hope for some different results lol. Wasn't even thinking about North Shore.

West Brook's biggest problem has always been that they're soft, so to speak, when compared to the other big dogs in the area. Spring Westfield used to issue regular beatings to them in the playoffs. They just don't have the size or physicality of teams like that.

A lot of it is lack of football specific strength coaching. That and a bad feeder system because Beaumont schools are pretty terrible.

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

At the half la vega 33-0 over Decatur, this is a wrap. 

Incoming rematch of 4A D1 ship last year (let's be honest, La Vega was better than Kennedale last year)

La Vega may get revenge this time.

In 2015 all the indicators (games between regions - often with teams not in the running) said that DFW was down that year. History says that was true - it was an off year for region 1.

This year the indicators are it is an off year for San Antonio and Austin.

Indicators: Judson v Clear Springs 46-28 (Clear Springs lost one of their games in the GHA 59-7 and lost in the first round of the playoffs to a team that lost 63-35 in the next round). Lake Travis vs Arlington Martin 35-14 (Martin was a very mediocre team this year) Westlake loses 25-21 to Cy Ranch, a second round loser in the playoffs. Smithson Valley (5-5), Clemens(6-4), and Steele (8-4) were way down this year. Brandeis struggled with a Valley team 33-32, Westlake had trouble with a mediocre Clemens(6-4) team in round one of the playoffs 28-14, struggled with a Valley team 28-0 then backed it up with a 26-0 win over Brandeis (and yes I know Westlake had many injuries) Vandegrift was a strong team in the Austin area.

Now none of that proves anything, but it sure is a lot of suspicious data points all pointing in the same direction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TigerHat said:

In 2015 all the indicators (games between regions - often with teams not in the running) said that DFW was down that year. History says that was true - it was an off year for region 1.

This year the indicators are it is an off year for San Antonio and Austin.

Indicators: Judson v Clear Springs 46-28 (Clear Springs lost one of their games in the GHA 59-7 and lost in the first round of the playoffs to a team that lost 63-35 in the next round). Lake Travis vs Arlington Martin 35-14 (Martin was a very mediocre team this year) Westlake loses 25-21 to Cy Ranch, a second round loser in the playoffs. Smithson Valley (5-5), Clemens(6-4), and Steele (8-4) were way down this year. Brandeis struggled with a Valley team 33-32, Westlake had trouble with a mediocre Clemens(6-4) team in round one of the playoffs 28-14, struggled with a Valley team 28-0 then backed it up with a 26-0 win over Brandeis (and yes I know Westlake had many injuries) Vandegrift was a strong team in the Austin area.

Now none of that proves anything, but it sure is a lot of suspicious data points all pointing in the same direction.

Does that mean NS should roll LT? I might have to do another Texan Live stream. I like NS but LT can surprise people. I thought they would get clobbered by Allen last year without their starting QB. They almost pulled it off.

29 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

Silsbee and Cuero about to kick off across the street. Wish I was interested, I would go. And I'm fasting from hot dogs. Maybe The Westlake game tomorrow,  maybe.

How about Frito Pie's?  If you say no to that as well.  They should never let you back into a HS Stadium in Texas again 🤣

yes tiger hat austin and sa were down a little and valley teams were a little stronger this year (not in 6a d1) Game was 14-0 all game when vela played westlake. Edingburg Vela was down to their 4th qb by the 4th qt and played the whole second half without their starting qb. Then vela lost their big 6'6 de in the 3rd qt who pretty much was beating the westlake oline with ease. Westlake scored the last 2 tds late in the game. Point is westlake beating the best valley team in like 10 years 28-0 isnt a bad thing but they did struggle. That defense is amazing tho. Will get them to the finals imo. 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

How about Frito Pie's?  If you say no to that as well.  They should never let you back into a HS Stadium in Texas again 🤣

They should never let me back in because I'm weak. A few years ago I went to a triple header at NRG. Cedar Park-and a Frisco team, NS-Westlake, and Katy-LT. I t took me 2 or 3 days to get over what I ate.

• Like 1