What up Texas?

DevilDog

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

On a team we don’t know much about along with asking if Longview has seen an offensive scheme like this before.   

Flex bone / misdirection type offenses? Plenty of times. Cove 1st round. Moss at Rockwall-Heath runs it. They scrimmaged Jack Alvarez's Ennis teams in 2014 and 2015. Byrd in 2015. Pflugerville in 2007...thats just off the top of my head.

John King is no stranger to that offensive style. Heck he played and won a state ring within that offense when he was in HS.

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Can @rockinl @DevilDog @Texasball @Pack007  Tell me how young this Longview team is?  Will they return a lot in ‘19? 

Full time starters?

4 on offense, 6 on defense. QB Haynes King only a JR.

Bunch of other sophomores and juniors who saw alot of playing time, including sophomore RB Kaden Meredith who has 626 yards and 11 TD's this year.

1 minute ago, WulfTangClan said:

Full time starters?

Bunch of other sophomores and juniors who saw alot of playing time, including sophomore RB Kaden Meredith who has 626 yards and 11 TD's this year.

Thats more than I expected.  Sounds like ‘19 is a reloading year.  I assume they have quality bigs in the trenches coming up too. 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I really want Ryan to win.  I do like their defense between the two, that might give them the edge at the end.  But HP has come back from more games than one would think,so this will be another one I’ll enjoy it unfold 

Ryan's Offense better step their game up.  The D is Championship Caliber.  But they can't come out sluggish like they've been known to do on offense and expect a W.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s right, Ryan is in your backyard.  Who do you have in this one?  

My heart wants Ryan to win this.  But I gotta give the edge to HP because frankly...I dunno which Ryan offense will show up.  Will it be the one that can score 30 in 5 mins???  Will it be the one with 4-5 turnovers???

QB play will be key for Ryan...They don't throw it much.

I'll take it even further....Winner of this game will win 5A-D1 imho.

https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/brady-keane-ryan-s-win-highland-park-s-wild-comeback/article_859a97d1-7b2b-5591-814c-7c437679916e.html

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

Full time starters?

That Soph RB is impressive.  When I saw him I couldn't believe he wasn't starting over that lil fast kid

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

This could very well be true, but why are you so confident this will be a blowout ? 

This is not a 1st round game, tascosa has beaten the 15th and 17th ranked teams (according to DCTF) in 6A to get here.  

You keep doubting the boys from Longview based on past teams. You and Dog. And I’ve told y’all they would at least make it to state. Honestly, i don’t see any advantage Tascosa would have over them. Unless the lobos make a lot of mistakes or injuries occur of course. Lv offense will be able to score on their defense. So it will be on the Tascosa offense to make plays and score......which i don’t think they’ll be able to keep up based on what I’ve seen and read on both teams. Lv defense has a new scheme, they have experience and talent. The speed and coaching staff being familiar with the system they are going up against should be the difference. Again, unless it’s turnovers by lv and etc, i don’t see how Tascosa will keep up with this lobo team. I’ve never seen them this balanced before on offense. They can grind it out on you or they can spread you out with King at Qb and some very good receivers. This isn’t Arlington or Haltom. I respect what those two teams did this season, but they aren’t on the same level as this lobo offense. That’s why i don’t think it will be close. Where is the advantage for Tascosa? I don’t think it’s special teams and coaching either. So, how do they keep it close and get the win? But I understand, they didn’t make it to the semis because they were trash. This is a good team that got hot at the right time. They also have talent. Just don’t think they have enough for the lobos. Westlake was the only team that i believe had a chance (very small chance) at defeating this lobo team and they lost their top players on offense. If the lobos don’t win a title this season (and i don’t care what happened in the past), I’ll be shocked. I really think this is their year. I hope my second favorite team North Shore can win it all too. 

26 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

You keep doubting the boys from Longview based on past teams. You and Dog. And I’ve told y’all they would at least make it to state. Honestly, i don’t see any advantage Tascosa would have over them. Unless the lobos make a lot of mistakes or injuries occur of course. Lv offense will be able to score on their defense. So it will be on the Tascosa offense to make plays and score......which i don’t think they’ll be able to keep up based on what I’ve seen and read on both teams. Lv defense has a new scheme, they have experience and talent. The speed and coaching staff being familiar with the system they are going up against should be the difference. Again, unless it’s turnovers by lv and etc, i don’t see how Tascosa will keep up with this lobo team. I’ve never seen them this balanced before on offense. They can grind it out on you or they can spread you out with King at Qb and some very good receivers. This isn’t Arlington or Haltom. I respect what those two teams did this season, but they aren’t on the same level as this lobo offense. That’s why i don’t think it will be close. Where is the advantage for Tascosa? I don’t think it’s special teams and coaching either. So, how do they keep it close and get the win? But I understand, they didn’t make it to the semis because they were trash. This is a good team that got hot at the right time. They also have talent. Just don’t think they have enough for the lobos. Westlake was the only team that i believe had a chance (very small chance) at defeating this lobo team and they lost their top players on offense. If the lobos don’t win a title this season (and i don’t care what happened in the past), I’ll be shocked. I really think this is their year. I hope my second favorite team North Shore can win it all too. 

I’m not doubting them, I’m asking the question about Tascosa.  Not once have I provided a prediction but I also respect the game and teams that make it this far in Texas.   Some are of lesser quality than others but no one is garbage that an opponent can ignore. 

How can I list team adv when I don’t know anything about Tascosa?  That was the whole point in bringing them up to begin with. 

Overall, I think Longview has the greatest chance of winning a title among the 6A semi finalists.  But that’s all I’d commit to at this time.

20 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Tell you the truth I have doubts about everyone in 6A.  Each favorite has an opponent that can beat them. I saw the Lobos and I think they are TX Elite.  I've also seen Dville and Allen multiple times.  Tascosa didn't beat 3 scrubs to join those 3 elite teams.  Truth be told only Allen has the experience at this point and if I was forced to wage I would on them for that reason.  I'm hoping Lobos win by a lot a close game doesn't favor them and history can raise it's ugly head.  I have not said one time I thought they would lose.  Im cautiously optimistic for good reason.  Those damn Panhandle kids are coming to play as well.  King is something seen that myself and so is that WR #11.  Lobos play their game they are a tough out for Dville and Allen.  I will see for myself Saturday around 9pm. Those damn games never start on time except the 1st one.  This game will end after midnite. Like all the others.  

I believe that Tascola is going to play them very solid game if they can ball control them with this offense.  

Its interesting match up because nobody including myself realized the talent that Amarillo Tascosa actually had.  2 - D1 RB’s with some good size in the OL line running this type offense can be dangerous.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Tell you the truth I have doubts about everyone in 6A.  Each favorite has an opponent that can beat them. I saw the Lobos and I think they are TX Elite.  I've also seen Dville and Allen multiple times.  Tascosa didn't beat 3 scrubs to join those 3 elite teams.  Truth be told only Allen has the experience at this point and if I was forced to wage I would on them for that reason.  I'm hoping Lobos win by a lot a close game doesn't favor them and history can raise it's ugly head.  I have not said one time I thought they would lose.  Im cautiously optimistic for good reason.  Those damn Panhandle kids are coming to play as well.  King is something seen that myself and so is that WR #11.  Lobos play their game they are a tough out for Dville and Allen.  I will see for myself Saturday around 9pm. Those damn games never start on time except the 1st one.  This game will end after midnite. Like all the others.  

side note...

but i honestly dont believe Allen has a chance

47 minutes ago, Champa said:

How not to tackle Darwin Barlow lol.

https://twitter.com/12NewsLance/status/1056204904740675585

I have seen a lot of video on Barlow in the past few month.  Normally he would have made that kid miss.

So to be critical- Barlow should have shook that kid and kept on running.  Game was probably blowout and he was just going through the motions.

29 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I'm not going that far sir.  I think they have a chance with anyone in the State.  That would be a serious statement if they got dominated.  

I will bet right today, that if Allen gets to the finals and plays north shore (healthy) they will not come within 14 points unless the backups play and make it closer than it really is.