What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Guessing a score is not indicative of knowledge, telling me something about tascosa is though.  And that’s what I’m seeking.  

When Texasball is looking up info on a team.  Thats all you need to know about how well people know about them..  What type of defense do they run are they big on the lines.  Are their corners big kids.  Whats the QB like can he toss it as well.  I'm sure Arlington, Lake Ridge and Haltom didn't know about dem Panhandle boys.  Their coach seems pretty confident.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

When Texasball is looking up info on a team.  Thats all you need to know about how well people know about them..  What type of defense do they run are they big on the lines.  Are their corners big kids.  Whats the QB like can he toss it as well.  I'm sure Arlington, Lake Ridge and Haltom didn't know about dem Panhandle boys.  Their coach seems pretty confident.  

Exactly.  We are exchanging ideas and info. On a team we don’t know much about along with asking if Longview has seen an offensive scheme like this before.  That’s the reason Byrd was mentioned.  

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Guessing a score is not indicative of knowledge, telling me something about tascosa is though.  And that’s what I’m seeking.  You can’t see that’s what we are discussing? 

I've been reading the newspaper in Amarillo.  Damn. All i know is that place smell like cattle when you get close to it on I -40.  Read this sir. Full story in link.  

https://www.amarillo.com/sports/20181209/rebels-defy-elites

It was a great matchup when Haltom met Arlington High in a clash between 13-0 teams this weekend in the Class 6A Division II state quarterfinals.

Only it didn’t happen. For that you can thank (or perhaps, blame) the Tascosa Rebels.

If you just believe in records and subscribe to Metroplex high school football entitlement, Tascosa should have hung up the pads two weeks ago. That was when the Rebels faced previously unbeaten Arlington High in the area round.

And if you believe Tascosa’s 35-24 win over Arlington was fluke, that was dispelled by an even more convincing 48-27 win over 13-0 Haltom on Saturday in the state quarterfinal at Lubbock’s Jones AT&T Stadium. It was the third straight win over a Metroplex school by the Rebels, which is all but unheard of in these parts.

In a game which was moved up three hours because of the weather, then back another half-hour with snow ringing the sidelines, Tascosa was obviously the better team. The Rebels had three runners go for over 100 yards with the Flexbone offense that none of the Metroplax schools seemed to have a clue to defend.

That’s not enough to convince some Metroplex people, namely some guy named Matt Diggs, who bills himself as “Storyteller/DFW Sportswriter.” On Twitter, Diggs said he thought Tascosa was good, but wasn’t sure that the Rebels were “state semifinal good.”

So, maybe Tascosa shouldn’t bother showing up for next week’s state semifinal game against — wait for it — unbeaten Longview at 8 p.m. at Arlington’s AT&T Stadium.

Diggs felt that the poor weather may have played in Tascosa’s favor because the Rebels have such a ground-heavy attack, and there might be something to that. But it was framed as more of an excuse for Haltom than any sort of praise for the Rebels.

Weather won’t be a factor this week since Tascosa is playing indoors at the Taj Mahal of Texas football. It will be the only place the Rebels play a game for the rest of the season, for if they win Saturday they’ll return to the same venue a week later for a state championship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

I've been reading the newspaper in Amarillo.  Damn. All i know is that place smell like cattle when you get close to it on I -40.  Read this sir. Full story in link.  

It was a great matchup when Haltom met Arlington High in a clash between 13-0 teams this weekend in the Class 6A Division II state quarterfinals.

Only it didn’t happen. For that you can thank (or perhaps, blame) the Tascosa Rebels.

If you just believe in records and subscribe to Metroplex high school football entitlement, Tascosa should have hung up the pads two weeks ago. That was when the Rebels faced previously unbeaten Arlington High in the area round.

And if you believe Tascosa’s 35-24 win over Arlington was fluke, that was dispelled by an even more convincing 48-27 win over 13-0 Haltom on Saturday in the state quarterfinal at Lubbock’s Jones AT&T Stadium. It was the third straight win over a Metroplex school by the Rebels, which is all but unheard of in these parts.

In a game which was moved up three hours because of the weather, then back another half-hour with snow ringing the sidelines, Tascosa was obviously the better team. The Rebels had three runners go for over 100 yards with the Flexbone offense that none of the Metroplax schools seemed to have a clue to defend.

That’s not enough to convince some Metroplex people, namely some guy named Matt Diggs, who bills himself as “Storyteller/DFW Sportswriter.” On Twitter, Diggs said he thought Tascosa was good, but wasn’t sure that the Rebels were “state semifinal good.”

So, maybe Tascosa shouldn’t bother showing up for next week’s state semifinal game against — wait for it — unbeaten Longview at 8 p.m. at Arlington’s AT&T Stadium.

Diggs felt that the poor weather may have played in Tascosa’s favor because the Rebels have such a ground-heavy attack, and there might be something to that. But it was framed as more of an excuse for Haltom than any sort of praise for the Rebels.

Weather won’t be a factor this week since Tascosa is playing indoors at the Taj Mahal of Texas football. It will be the only place the Rebels play a game for the rest of the season, for if they win Saturday they’ll return to the same venue a week later for a state championship.

Excellent article.  DFW D2 teams need to worry less about being cocky and get their act together.  They lost last year to midway in similar fashion as they beat SLC in regionals. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Guessing a score is not indicative of knowledge, 

It IS an indication of an opinion.....

One 3* RB and one 3* WR are not beating Longview...and,

Longview's QB Haynes King will probably pass for 300-400 yds and 4 or 5 TD vs that Tascosa secondary at AT&T Stadium.....weather will NOT be a factor and neither will the Tascosa secondary...😄

Tascosa might bust a running play or two on offense......so what?

It's really not that hard to have an "opinion" on this game..

33 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Excellent article.  DFW D2 teams need to worry less about being cocky and get their act together.  They lost last year to midway in similar fashion as they beat SLC in regionals. 

One thing about it.  I will be there to witness it myself.  They better come prepared.  Thought the same about Midway last year.  No one knows about this team.  I haven't read a comment from someone who've seen them.  Iv seen the Lobos and they are legit.  You don't get to the 6A Semis in Texas and not be very damn good.  They rampaged thru DFW to get here.  That should answer a lot of questions.  

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

It IS an indication of an opinion.....

One 3* RB and one 3* WR are not beating Longview...and,

Longview's QB Haynes King will probably pass for 300-400 yds and 4 or 5 TD vs that Tascosa secondary at AT&T Stadium.....weather will NOT be a factor and neither will the Tascosa secondary...😄

Tascosa might bust a running play or two on offense......so what?

It's really not that hard to have an "opinion" on this game..

It’s not about stars it’s about execution.  Is Longview loaded with star rated kids?  

But you are still missing the point of our convo.  No one was arguing who was going to win, we were sharing info ABOUT the team 

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s not about stars it’s about execution.  Is Longview loaded with star rated kids?  

But you are still missing the point of our convo.  No one was arguing who was going to win, we were sharing info ABOUT the team 

@rockinl is 100% Lobo and he damn sure isn't all cocky over his Lobos.  Been here many times with dem Lobos.  Hope it doesn't come down to a FG. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

They had a close one last week.  Teams CAN lose unexpectedly.  

Those 6A games are getting hype in the DFW and rightfully so.  What about HP and Ryan.  Ryan has been on a rampage.  I saw HP last week.  That game should be Helluva entertaining and could be the best of the bunch. 5 of the 6 teams undefeated.  What are your thoughts on this one?

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They had a close one last week.  Teams CAN lose unexpectedly.  

They know this better than anyone in Texas.  Want to know how hard ut us to win State in TEXAS?  Ask the Lobos.  No one has won more than 8 since 1935 in any class.  You won't find that anywhere else.  Hell some teams in other States do that in a 10 - 15 years.   That equates to depth in every class.  Though i think some 6man team has 10. 

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I've seen NOTHING posted on the Tascosa defense....just some hype about a 3* RB and 3* WR.

Because folks don’t know, we made that clear.  Do you know what type of defense they run?  You still aren’t understanding the flow of the convo.  If you want to contribute, dig it up and post it. How many points did they hold haltom under their season avg?  How did they do it?  

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Those 6A games are getting hype in the DFW and rightfully so.  What about HP and Ryan.  Ryan has been on a rampage.  I saw HP last week.  That game should be Helluva entertaining and could be the best of the bunch. 5 of the 6 teams undefeated.  What are your thoughts on this one?

I really want Ryan to win.  I do like their defense between the two, that might give them the edge at the end.  But HP has come back from more games than one would think,so this will be another one I’ll enjoy it unfold 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Because folks don’t know, we made that clear.  Do you know what type of defense they run?  You still aren’t understanding the flow of the convo.  If you want to contribute, dig it up and post it. How many points did they hold haltom under their season avg?  How did they do it?  

Tell me about the flow, fly?

I gave you my flow.....if it's wrong it's wrong.

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

If both Allen and North Shore win, who is THE state champ?  Or is it just co-champs every year?

They will play each other next week, if they win this week, for the D1 title.  Longview and westlake are the two on a collision course for the D2 title.  The winner of both will be their respective divisional  state champ in 6A.  There is no unified champion.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Tell me about the flow, fly?

I gave you my flow.....if it's wrong it's wrong.

No one is talking about predictions it’s one reason you’re ignored.  We are asking about their team and you quip about longview will win by 40.  It’s not relevant at all.  The convo is not going to be squashed because you think Longview wins big.  

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No one is talking about predictions it’s one reason you’re ignored.  We are asking about their team and you quip about longview will win by 40.  It’s not relevant at all.  The convo is not going to be squashed because you think Longview wins big.  

Ok, carry on with the flow...