What up Texas?

DevilDog

3 hours ago, Cracker said:

No, what he is saying is that kids will find a way to end up at Duncanville. Their families may move to the area when they are in 8th or 9th grade or they might already live in the area and transfer back from the private schools they are attending now.

Two good ones!

Move to Duncanville.

Transfer from private schools!

Skyline had several out of district players doing their runs; not just from DISD but from even from suburbia!

I suspect @Texasball is semi correct; “recruited” kids will flock.  The boys and girls basketball programs have been importing for years with the State Championships to match, ala limited “Open District”.  Just note public school teams are not pure and do recruit.

All Samples needed was a “practice field with lights” as not to be hindered by the end of Daylight Savings Time.

Thumbs up to the Southern Sector!

20 hours ago, rockinl said:

Merideth will mature over the next year. He's gonna be special, but IMO at this point, he is still a little timid when he runs. Sometimes he tends to cower a little at the point of contact. Not a knock on him, but just needs to mature a little and let his brain catch up with his size and speed.

That "lil fast kid" (Williams) runs like someone twice his size, and is hard to bring down.. Thats why he starts. 

Williams is one of many examples of "if he was bigger, he'd have D1 offers" on Longview's current roster. Jephaniah Lister, Ja'Vontae Writ and several others are the same way.

That's why it's always silly to measure Longview's talent by number of D1 offers. They have a bunch of under the radar players that are just as good as a bunch of these high profiled recruits. Only difference is 5'5 150 vs 6'0 190. I personally could care less what size you are, talent is talent. 

6 hours ago, Cracker said:

No, what he is saying is that kids will find a way to end up at Duncanville. Their families may move to the area when they are in 8th or 9th grade or they might already live in the area and transfer back from the private schools they are attending now.

Isn't Duncanville is in an Open Enrollment District? meaning anyone who wants to go there can.  

2 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

Williams is one of many examples of "if he was bigger, he'd have D1 offers" on Longview's current roster. Jephaniah Lister, Ja'Vontae Writ and several others are the same way.

That's why it's always silly to measure Longview's talent by number of D1 offers. They have a bunch of under the radar players that are just as good as a bunch of these high profiled recruits. Only difference is 5'5 150 vs 6'0 190. I personally could care less what size you are, talent is talent. 

Yup talent is there, just not the prototypical size recruiters want which in some cases i find dumb. Thats why you have guys like tarik cohen barely getting fcs offers and look at him now.

4 hours ago, Wilddawgz said:

Isn't Duncanville is in an Open Enrollment District? meaning anyone who wants to go there can.  

To be fair though, alot of these kids "transferring" to Duncanville are simply going home and should've been there anyway. 

When Dicus was there, they had branched off to various places. Went to play for McGuire at Cedar Hill, Mathis at Desoto....Dunne started getting some too. 

Everyone knew all of that would end once Samples got there. You mix this with post Mathis/Peterman Desoto in shambles + a McGuireless Cedar Hill...Duncanville is about to be southern DFW's "Allen" if you will. I'll be shocked if they don't win at least 5 ships the next 10 years.

That said...I still have Allen beating them this year. Always thought Tisdale-Wease would win multiple ships together so, yea. AFTER this year Duncanville should own DFW for a while.

13 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

To be fair though, alot of these kids "transferring" to Duncanville are simply going home and should've been there anyway. 

When Dicus was there, they had branched off to various places. Went to play for McGuire at Cedar Hill, Mathis at Desoto....Dunne started getting some too. 

Everyone knew all of that would end once Samples got there. You mix this with post Mathis/Peterman Desoto in shambles + a McGuireless Cedar Hill...Duncanville is about to be southern DFW's "Allen" if you will. I'll be shocked if they don't win at least 5 ships the next 10 years.

That said...I still have Allen beating them this year. Always thought Tisdale-Wease would win multiple ships together so, yea. AFTER this year Duncanville should own DFW for a while.

Still not "apple to apples" concerning open enrollment and attracting talent. Similar to private schools. But yeah, they will become the next big thing in DFW HS football. 

Question: Which side is the home side at ATT? 

1 minute ago, rockinl said:

Still not "apple to apples" concerning open enrollment and attracting talent. Similar to private schools. But yeah, they will become the next big thing in DFW HS football. 

Question: Which side is the home side at ATT? 

South side will be home side for home teams Saturday.

@rockinl

Warrior how do you think those Lobos will do and the rest of East Texas this weekend?

This team was listed by Dave Campbell's as the team that beat all odds to make the State Semis and of Course the Lobos would get them.   The Coach's kid is one of the Running backs. 

1. Amarillo Tascosa (141)

Tascosa may be the story of the year in Texas high school football as the Rebels have rebounded after graduating 38 seniors from last year’s squad that went (2-4) in district play. With so many seniors graduating and just three offensive starters returning, predictions indicated that this would be a rebuilding year. However, those predictions couldn’t have been more wrong as the young guns have stepped up in a big way. Perhaps the biggest additions to Ken Plunk’s flexbone offense have been running back King Doerue (1,321 rushing yards, 25 TD) and his son, quarterback Joseph Plunk (1,549 rushing yards, 21 TD). Doerue had just 473 rushing yards last season and Plunk was a newcomer to the varsity squad this season. The Rebels aren’t the beneficiary of an easier district compared to last year either — District 2-6A stayed the exact same in realignment. Tascosa had a fantastic year but made a big statement when they took down Arlington 35-24 in the second round of playoffs, and kept it rolling with an impressive 48-27 regional final win over another outstanding surprise team, Haltom. Longview will be the Rebels biggest challenge yet, but for now, the slipper still fits.

5 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Allen was saved by refs, Murray and Skyline injuries when they met

i seriously dont see Allen within two scores... i'd be surprised otherwise

These are my thoughts too, Allen has had a lot of luck with playing top teams (fortuitous bounces, injuries, etc) and this will be the 1st one they’ve played in a while that is coming in healthy and on a roll.  

In addition to the lucky breaks with desoto and skyline, I remember these from last year. 

2017: cedar ridge DL worked over Allen and their QB went out hurt. Allen wins

LT QB hurts knee goes out 1st play of game, Allen barely wins 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Allen was saved by refs, Murray and Skyline injuries when they met

i seriously dont see Allen within two scores... i'd be surprised otherwise

Bro.  You are consistent.  Too close to call.  Last week SLC missed 2 FGs early that hurt their momentum.  Allen is very solid.  I'm concerned with their constant substitution will it wear on Dville.  It was 10 - 0 at half with Midway then the erupted in the 3rd.  We will know who's the number 1 team in the Dub is for sure.  The Redskin all fired up.  Wants to get to the Death Star early.  I will arrive around halftime if HP game.  Should be a Heckuva game with a bug crowd.  Will feel like a State Championship game.  Lil black Leprechaun is not their for magic tricks.  Allen is Helluva good.  Don't sell them short.  They are 44 - 1 for a reason.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Bro.  You are consistent.  Too close to call.  Last week SLC missed 2 FGs early that hurt their momentum.  Allen is very solid.  I'm concerned with their constant substitution will it wear on Dville.  It was 10 - 0 at half with Midway then the erupted in the 3rd.  We will know who's the number 1 team in the Dub is for sure.  The Redskin all fired up.  Wants to get to the Death Star early.  I will arrive around halftime if HP game.  Should be a Heckuva game with a bug crowd.  Will feel like a State Championship game.  Lil black Leprechaun is not their for magic tricks.  Allen is Helluva good.  Don't sell them short.  They are 44 - 1 for a reason.  

They’re 44-1 bc most of that is from NOT playing a Texas top team.  And I’m talking post Murray.  Give me the top teams they’ve played that didn’t come in seriously injured post Murray?  I’ll give you 2:  woodlands in ‘16 and westlake in ‘15.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They’re 44-1 bc most of that is from NOT playing a Texas top team.  And I’m talking post Murray.  Give me the top teams they’ve played that didn’t come in seriously injured post Murray?  I’ll give you 2:  woodlands in ‘16 and westlake in ‘15.  

I'm just saying don't sell them short.  They know how to win.  They are 44 -1 under Gambill. After Murray

• Thanks 1

Wease is gonna be a headache.  Mickens at SLC gave them problems. They can be had iver the top.  That DL will be the factor.  Allen's OLine is solid.  Im cautiously optimistic.  This is based off watching each a few times.  They will also cause problems.  Allen has a goid defense as well.  I think Dville can beat them.  But I think it will be close. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I'm just saying don't sell them short.  They know how to win.  They are 44 -1 under Gambill. After Murray

I know they are 44-1 after gambill, but they have played no one of TX relevance.  Not one top 10 team other than the woodlands and LT.  And they went 1-1 and would have be 0-2 if not for LT losing their OH St bound QB.  And most of their games are played at home far greater % than any team I’m aware of.  

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Horsefly.  Thoughts on the 4A battles.  Those matchups are as good as 6A.  Very similar you have 3 powerhouses and Decatur is like Tascosa.  They came out if nowhere.  We could have Carthage vs La Vega in the Ship.  

Carthage vs. liberty Hill

LaVega vs.  Decatur

Give me liberty hill in the upset and La vega  will absolutely work Decatur.