What up Texas?

DevilDog

This Up and Coming Country Singer from The Houston area died in an accidental gun discharge for a gun he was gonna use in a Prop.  RIP Homie.  And if this is Country then I am down with it.  Dude was clearly influenced by that H-Town Rap. Now I am down with that Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton another Soulful Country Dude.  Do You Texans know any other Soulful Country Music dudes?   

Rising Country Music Star Justin Carter Killed In Gun Accident At 35

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rising-country-music-star-justin-115428659.html

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@golfaddict1 @texasball

Look at those hand off's and man look at that 2nd leg exchange and explosion.  I remember running the 4x100 in HS and the hand off's were low.  Those kids are a machine.  Unbelievable Stick Game. 

Smooth for sure...  Yea, I remember you sharing a Japan relay article some time back about their unusual baton low to up maneuver, which is uncommon but effective.   The 2nd leg is always fun to watch, as it's a burner already in motion spooling up to top speed on a straightaway.   

On 3/24/2019 at 2:04 AM, DevilDog said:

This Up and Coming Country Singer from The Houston area died in an accidental gun discharge for a gun he was gonna use in a Prop.  RIP Homie.  And if this is Country then I am down with it.  Dude was clearly influenced by that H-Town Rap. Now I am down with that Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton another Soulful Country Dude.  Do You Texans know any other Soulful Country Music dudes?   

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rising-country-music-star-justin-115428659.html

Sure do my Bud from Porter Tx Sundance Head ...he won the voice about 2 yrs ago...he invented "Soul Country" known him since he was a infant.

• Like 1

@DevilDog

4x100 stats

Texas has 57 teams in the top 100 nationally 

FL 16

GA 11

CA  6

LA 2

35 between those 4 states

The 100th best time in Texas 42.66

FL  43.77      - it takes 284 teams in Texas to reach this time

GA  43.44     - it takes 213 teams in Texas to reach this time

CA  43.83     -  it takes 301 teams in Texas to reach this time

FL 284th best relay has produced  45.73 -  this higher than some elite girls teams

GA 213th best relay has produced 44.68 

CA 301 best relay has produced 45.14

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 12:04 AM, DevilDog said:

If Chris Stapleton is pure country then I can play in the NFL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

If you can sing this, I'll be your manger for a percentage...

Buddy of mine plays drums in a small nightclub band and they are killing it with this song...

BTW, aren't you the Cali know it all with informative stuff?

Yeah, maybe singing is in your future.

Regards,

BGW

16 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

If you can sing this, I'll be your manger for a percentage...

Buddy of mine plays drums in a small nightclub band and they are killing it with this song...

BTW, aren't you the Cali know it all with informative stuff?

Yeah, maybe singing is in your future.

Regards,

BGW

Yes I am the California information director which qualifies me to have the knowledge that I can’t sing so just like papa doc at the end of 8 mile I will throw you the 🎤 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ararar said:

Have you seen the videos of all the Black people that heard Chris Stapleton sing for the 1st time.  Real Recognize real.  That dude is soulful and full of Blues

2 Brotha's breaking down Country.  Pretty Cool.  I like when they say why haven't somebody black told me about him.  🤣

17 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Have you seen the videos of all the Black people that heard Chris Stapleton sing for the 1st time.  Real Recognize real.  That dude is soulful and full of Blues

2 Brotha's breaking down Country.  Pretty Cool.  I like when they say why haven't somebody black told me about him.  🤣

😂 yes I’ve seen a lot of them 

they all are very funny with shocked amazement 😂

4 minutes ago, Ararar said:

😂 yes I’ve seen a lot of them 

they all are very funny with shocked amazement 😂

Bro I am gonna start a thread on the alt forum.  Where country people step outside their comfort zone.  Music is amazing to reach across all lines that we let divide us. 

• Like 1

Big boys 4x100 finals.   

1.  Houston Strake Jesuit 40.86 (40.852)

2.  Duncanville 40.86 (40.859)

3. Long Beach Poly (Ca.) 40.91

4. Desoto 41.07

5.  Richmond George Ranch 41.29

6. Lancaster 41.58

7.  South Grand Prairie 41.88

8. Converse Judson DNS

9.  Round Rock DNS 

Duncanville, Desoto and Lancaster are all within a rock throw of each other.  Fastest damn kids in AMERICA in such a close proximity.

#1 in nation Ft. Bend Marshall did not run in the Texas Relays.  Good Showing By Poly against the Big boys.  Can't wait to see what you Florida Boys did today.

•  

Desoto Girls  Smokes 4X100 field.  Calabasas, Ca Girls finish 2nd and Scripps Ranch, Ca finished 6th.  Ca had 3 girls in finals.  

1. Desoto 45.69

2. Calabasas, Ca 46.46

3. Richmond G. R. 46.73

4.  Summer Creek 46.81

5. S. A. Reagan 47.55

6.  Scripps Ranch, Ca 48.21

7.  Allen 48.62

DNF Aleif Elsik 

DNS Long Beach Poly