What up Texas?

DevilDog

5 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

I've seen a couple of those Carthage (TX 4A's) teams over the past 6 or so years that could of scored 30 points on anyone in TEXAS and Country.

They were well coached and had the athletes to do it.

Now.. DEPTH (especially on defense) would of killed them against the Elite TX 6A and 5A's in regards to beating them.

I remember the team with Ingram his Sr. Season and nptb17 watched the Championships in Texas and said Carthage was the 3rd best Teams he saw in the The championships.  Now he had no agenda. 

I'm still waiting on the 6A crew to explain Amarillo and W.F. Hirshi 😂

How could this happen>?

5AD1 Amarillo 36 6A Tascosa 33 (6A Regional finalist 2 yrs str8)

5ADII W.F. Rider 38  5ADI Amarillo 24 (W.F. Rider in DII Regional Finals)

4ADI Brownwood 37  5ADII W.F. Rider 15 (Argyle 42 Brownwood 14)  🤣

4A W.F. Hirshci 38  6A Frenship (7-4) Made the playoffs 

Freaking Hirschi goes 5-5 and gets destroyed against Arguably the best 4A district in Texas.   2 teams from that district beat W.F. RIder. 

It must be painful that 5A split now cause 4A-6A games in droves and the results are not what others preached for years. These games happened>  I don't need what would happen

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I remember the team with Ingram his Sr. Season and nptb17 watched the Championships in Texas and said Carthage was the 3rd best Teams he saw in the The championships.  Now he had no agenda. 

I hear ya...   But you have to always remember they were playing against another Texas 4A.   So it's tough to get the feel about "Depth" and how "Depth-Fatigue" would work into the game against bigger teams that also have quality and more depth.

It's like DLS always being recognized as a National Power when they always had (5-6 kids) never leaving the field for 90% of the game but they were usually playing against teams that also had many kids never leaving the field so it didn't become a factor in most games.   But when DLS started playing a National schedule against teams that had "depth" it started showing up.

Now..I do think that Carthage team (Ingram SR year) could of probably scored 30 points on anyone in Texas.    Just that I also believe going agains the bigger quality 6A and 5A's they would of also given up 45-50 points on defense.

7 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

I hear ya...   But you have to always remember they were playing against another Texas 4A.   So it's tough to get the feel about "Depth" and how "Depth-Fatigue" would work into the game against bigger teams that also have quality and more depth.

It's like DLS always being recognized as a National Power when they always had (5-6 kids) never leaving the field for 90% of the game but they were usually playing against teams that also had many kids never leaving the field so it didn't become a factor in most games.   But when DLS started playing a National schedule against teams that had "depth" it started showing up.

Now..I do think that Carthage team (Ingram SR year) could of probably scored 30 points on anyone in Texas.    Just that I also believe going agains the bigger quality 6A and 5A's they would of also given up 45-50 points on defense.

You mean like Hutto vs. L.H. last year 52 - 51 in OT.  Why didn't Frenship a team 4 classes larger depth destroy Hirschi.  Now I know Carthage is no Hirshci 😂

They are bigger than most 5A & 6A with athletes.  Not saying they would Beat the NS and DV's who in Texas would.  But if you think these kids are not an handful and are not big as heck this year.  Go watch them in person., I was at the La Vega game in the Star. 

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

You mean like Hutto vs. L.H. last year 52 - 51 in OT.  Why didn't Frenship a team 4 classes larger depth destroy Hirschi.  Now I know Carthage is no Hirshci 😂

The Hutto vs Liberty Hill isn't shocking to me at all.  HELL, it wouldn't of shocked me to see Liberty Hill win that game instead of losing  in OT.

Frenship vs Hrischi this year..  Frenship was a flighty team this year that you almost didn't know which team was going to show up each Friday night.   But... their QB-Donovan Smith (TX Tech) is pretty damn good.  I saw him play in person and was very impressed by his ability.

49 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They are bigger than most 5A & 6A with athletes.  Not saying they would Beat the NS and DV's who in Texas would.  But if you think these kids are not an handful and are not big as heck this year.  Go watch them in person., I was at the La Vega game in the Star. 

Carthage has had some great teams over the past 8 years...   and they had some extremely powerful offensive teams that I think could score points (4 TDS) on anyone in (Texas and Country).

But I still think what would get Carthage going up against many of the upper level Texas 6A's and 5A's is Depth on both sides of the ball.

The Elite level Texas 6A's and 5A's have to much Depth along with skill and speed.    Just not going to happen.

But I say this and have told TXBall this many times..  The Top TX4A (Usually Carthage) would be the Big School State Champs in over half the States in America if not more.😉

Let's also remember.

The 2017 Carthage team that went (16-0) and is probably considered one of the best of all time gave up 327 points on defense during a 16 game season against mostly 4A teams.

That's 20 points a game.

The powerful TX 6A's and 5A's in 2016 were going to score a lot more than 20 points on that Carthage team.

2017 Carthage Team went (16-0) and is considered one of the best Carthage teams ever and one of the best TX 4A's ever.

TX 4A- Carthage- 42

TX 5A- Whitehouse- 20

------------------------------------

TX 5A Whitehouse- 7

TX 5A A&M Cons. - 35

TX 5A College ST.- 28

TX 5A A&M Cons.- 17

As good as that Carthage team was for the TX4A level..   I just don't see them beating the upper-level TX 5A's that year much less even coming close to beating the Top #1-10 Texas 6A's.

On Carthage's offense would of scored some points on the better Texas 6A's and 5A's that year..  Probably 28 points on anyone.

But Carthage's defense would of got run over by the better Texas 6A's and 5A's.

So... not having a strong enough DEFENSE and not having enough Quality overall DEPTH would hurt even the best Carthage team going against the upper level TX 6A's and TX5A's.

17 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Let's also remember.

The 2017 Carthage team that went (16-0) and is probably considered one of the best of all time gave up 327 points on defense during a 16 game season against mostly 4A teams.

That's 20 points a game.

One of best teams ever in Texas gave up 327 points.

Yet I'm told that I have to respect how good this team was.

🤨

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, The Guru said:

One of best teams ever in Texas gave up 327 points.

Yet I'm told that I have to respect how good this team was.

🤨

Know one gives a shit what or who you respect. You're nothing, no one gives a flying shit what you think. You're bitch ass could die in an hour and no one would give a fuck. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

2017 Carthage Team went (16-0) and is considered one of the best Carthage teams ever and one of the best TX 4A's ever.

TX 4A- Carthage- 42

TX 5A- Whitehouse- 20

TX 5A Whitehouse- 7

TX 5A A&M Cons. - 35

TX 5A College ST.- 28

TX 5A A&M Cons.- 17

As good as that Carthage team was for the TX4A level..   I just don't see them beating the upper-level TX 5A's that year much less even coming close to beating the Top #1-10 Texas 6A's.

On Carthage's offense would of scored some points on the better Texas 6A's and 5A's that year..  Probably 28 points on anyone.

But Carthage's defense would of got run over by the better Texas 6A's and 5A's.

So... not having a strong enough DEFENSE and not having enough Quality overall DEPTH would hurt even the best Carthage team going against the upper level TX 6A's and TX5A's.

Was Hutto an upper level 5A they were ranked #4 in 5A when they played #4 In 4A Liberty Hill?

What's an upper echelon 5A.  Is not top 10 5A not upper echelon.  They beat Marshall and Marshall was ranked top 5 and went 3 rounds deep last year. 

W.F. Rider is in the 5A Regional finals.  Elite 4A beat them twice. 

Everyone considers H.P. at the top of the 5A Food chain

Texas High vs. (Highland Park, TX)     
11/18/2017 56-49 (L)

Texas High vs. 4A  (Kilgore, TX)   

9/22/2017 44-41 (W)

Kilgore vs. (Carthage, TX)     
10/13/2017 50-20 (L)

EXPLAIN TO ME WHY FRENSHIP'S DEPTH DIDN'T OVERWHELM 4A W.F. HIRSCHI.  🤣

22 Kids in HS.  You guys act like 6A kids use 45 players a game.  Want some examples of Little Schools hanging with big Schools in Texas elite.

Cocoa Fl that was no more bigger or talented than Carthage.  Beat Top Ranked Abilene. Even without Sims should not that depth killed them.

Venice Fl vs. Plano East.  I was there Venice was small and ran all over them. 

Nouxbee County, MS looked like an East Texas team and lost to a damn 3A Public in MS. Check this out.  Top of the 5A Food Chain

Aledo 10 small Ms. Country ass team 6

Aledo 10 Nouxbee Cnty 6

They lost 29  - 28 to a MS. 3A school called Kemper County,. 

So why can Ms. Have small country kids that can ball but Texas especially East Texas that produces more Talent per Capita in Texas Can't.  That team Nor that 3A team would have been that close to Carthage. 

Euless Trinity lost to Bellevue on the Road in OT.  And damn near all those kids went both ways.  Including their two stud kids.  No depth issues.   So a Texas 4A with 6 DI kids would be fodder for top 5A.  That's silly and Myth based.  I showed Top 4A beating Top 5A or competing like hell with them. 

Nouxbee County had less talent than Carthage but their coaching is so good they came to Texas and played the 5A Super power to a 4 pt Game. 🤣  

Marshall competed like hell with everyone on their schedule including giving Tyler Lee hell and beat them last year.  2 teams killed them.  6A LV and 4A Carthage.  Marshall had a very good 5A team last year and went 3 rds deep yet lost at home to Carthage.  It's silly.  

HP played with a top 6A. No depth Problems.  So did Aledo. 

Melissa played with a 5A power no depth problems.  So did La Vega, Dumas and Brownwood. 

Amarillo Beat a 6A power.   The kids at HP are no bigger and faster than the kids at Carthage.  

Line em up athlete per athlete and see who you would bet on.  Position by position.  You might be shocked what you discover.  And do the Same with P.G. 

20 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

The whole argument is.... the California nutzzz can't convince me that this (2019) Katy Taylor would do well in most parts of California.

They wouldn't beat Mater Dei, SJB and few others teams.  But they damn sure could go in the field with teams like JSERRA and several others and give them a 4QT battle to the last minutes.

I agree 100%. Just look at the win total for the 5 teams Katy Taylor lost to. Taylor is not elite but a pretty good team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Was Hutto an upper level 5A they were ranked #4 in 5A when they played #4 In 4A Liberty Hill?

What's an upper echelon 5A.  Is not top 10 5A not upper echelon.  They beat Marshall and Marshall was ranked top 5 and went 3 rounds deep last year. 

W.F. Rider is in the 5A Regional finals.  Elite 4A beat them twice. 

Everyone considers H.P. at the top of the 5A Food chain

Texas High vs. (Highland Park, TX)     
11/18/2017 56-49 (L)

Texas High vs. 4A  (Kilgore, TX)   

9/22/2017 44-41 (W)

Kilgore vs. (Carthage, TX)     
10/13/2017 50-20 (L)

One game here or there doesn't make an entire season.  I think some of those Carthage teams from the past few seasons have been really awesome...  and I've already stated on almost any Friday night they had the offensive fire power to put 30 points on anybody in Texas and the Country.

Put... to think Carthage could play a 10 or 15 game season on the Texas 6A or even quality 5A level and not go unscathed a few times is not looking at reality.

Depth on your roster does come into play on the upper (Elite) Texas 6A and even 5A level.  They have more quality kids (Size, Speed, Power and skill) to replace kids here and there in a game and give kids a break.  Especially in the "Interior Line play" and Carthage doesn't have that.

Again...if they had to play an entire season in most Texas 6A Districts around the State.  They would take a couple losses on the season.

Next.. What is "Texas Elite" to me?   

On an average year...  The top Ten Texas 6A's and Top five Texas 5A's....   Again, on an average year type of year.

• Like 1

I was also at the Plano East vs Venice game.   Eye-Ball Test... Venice looked like an average size Texas 5A team and Plano East looked like a solid Texas 6A.   But that Venice team didn't have kids going both ways.  Maybe a kid here or there playing DB/WR.

Let's also just take into account that the Plano East team was just awful when making comparisons.

Cocoa vs Abilene...   Abilene wasn't just playing without their All-American RB Sims, they had a few other starters out of the game..  Abilene had to play a freshman at DT in his first Varsity game.   Even with 3-4 Starters out of that game,  Abilene should of won that game.   It turned when another player (DB) got hurt and they had to move their FS to CB and he got exploited for two TDS.

Euless Trinity vs Bellevue, WA.    Please, Bellevue WA might of had a couple of kids seeing time both ways and I believe they are both in the NFL now.  Most of Bellevue wasn't going both ways and your also trying to compare what  amounted to the closest thing to a  Private School Program (Bellevue).   But you're joking if you don't think that Bellevue team didn't have some quality depth.

Also...if it's just 22 kids on the field.   Then HELL..  We can go ahead and argue that Texas 3A's and 2A's could beat Duncanville and North Shore.  LOL

PS.. Probably the best Bellevue team they ever had too.  LOL

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

I was also at the Plano East vs Venice game.   Eye-Ball Test... Venice looked like an average size Texas 5A team and Plano East looked like a solid Texas 6A.   But that Venice team didn't have kids going both ways.  Maybe a kid here or there playing DB/WR.

Let's also just take into account that the Plano East team was just awful when making comparisons.

Cocoa vs Abilene...   Abilene wasn't just playing without their All-American RB Sims, they had a few other starters out of the game..  Abilene had to play a freshman at DT in his first Varsity game.   Even with 3-4 Starters out of that game,  Abilene should of won that game.   It turned when another player (DB) got hurt and they had to move their FS to CB and he got exploited for two TDS.

Euless Trinity vs Bellevue, WA.    Please, Bellevue WA might of had a couple of kids seeing time both ways and I believe they are both in the NFL now.  Most of Bellevue wasn't going both ways and your also trying to compare what  amounted to the closest thing to a  Private School Program (Bellevue).   But you're joking if you don't think that Bellevue team didn't have some quality depth.

Also...if it's just 22 kids on the field.   Then HELL..  We can go ahead and argue that Texas 3A's and 2A's could beat Duncanville and North Shore.  LOL

PS.. Probably the best Bellevue team they ever had too.  LOL

I might be the only person in the world that can say, “I was at all 3 of those games.”

on the flip side - I also watched smaller Stephenville beat Dillard FL who won their South Florida district and ended up losing to Miami Central in 2nd or 3rd Round

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I might be the only person in the world that can say, “I was at all 3 of those games.”

on the flip side - I also watched smaller Stephenville beat Dillard FL who won their South Florida district and ended up losing to Miami Central in 2nd or 3rd Round

Yes sir... and I was at a couple of those games with you too.🤠

But wait.. I keep forgetting that we're the same person.😂

On the flip-side..  I just can't get over that one of Carthage's best teams ever (2017;  16-0 Team) still had 20 points a game average put on them by mostly Texas 4A teams.

The stronger Texas 5A's and 6A's would doubled that!