What up Texas?

DevilDog

On 5/17/2020 at 6:28 PM, Frosty4024 said:

They (Neville) would not win state in Texas with last year's team.  But I KNOW Salado (Who struggled to beat the 0-10 "Mighty" Ducks of Taylor) wouldn't beat last year's Neville 7 out of 10 times.

Come on now 😁.

I agree, which is why I also used Masseys simulator.

Salado may win one in a five game series but that’s probably it for them.

4474E6FC-368B-471C-9705-B4123B5B3847.jpeg

51578FED-A189-4C41-9BA9-1E0D6930D4AB.jpeg

On 5/17/2020 at 6:50 PM, RedZone said:

Longview had Vontrell McGee and all those guys in 2004. Pretty loaded squad. 

Now tell me again what the fuck is a Salado? Damn kids and the internet. 

INFORMATION
Bill Ruple Stadium
Monroe, Louisiana
Friday, September 3rd, 2004
Non-District
SCORING SUMMARY
TEAM
QUARTER
PLAYER
YARDS
TYPE
Monroe Neville
1st
Darrell McNeal
Run
Longview
2nd
Vondrell McGee
Run
Longview
4th
Vondrell McGee
Run
GAME STATISTICS
STATISTIC
LONGVIEW
MONROE NEVILLE
First Downs
Rushing Yards
Passing Yards
Passes
1-6-1
3-10-1
Punts
5-32.6
5-32.0
Fumbles/Lost
2-1
3-1
Penalties
4-40
3-48
LOBOS HOLD ON FOR 14-7 WIN
MONROE - Vondrell McGee went over 100 yards rushing for the second straight game and scored twice to lead Longview past Neville 14-7 Friday night at Bill Rupel Stadium.

The Lobos improved to 2-0 on the season, while Neville falls to 0-1 in its season opener.

Turnovers were the difference before the Lobos mounted a fourth-quarter drive. They marched 52 yards in seven plays with McGee scoring from seven yards out with 3:42 remaining. Willie Cloyd added the extra point.

McGee finished the game with 156 yards on 23 carries. As a team, Longview rushed for 202.

A fumble in the first quarter led to the Tigers' only touchdown as Neville recovered the ball at the Lobo 15-yard line and needed just five plays before quarterback Darrell McNeal snuck in from two yards out.

Walt Smith added the PAT and Neville led 7-0 with 3:57 left in the opening quarter.

Longview tied the game with 3:30 to play before halftime. Channing Moon recovered a Tony White fumble and the Lobos took over at the Tiger 20.

McGee picked up a first down at the nine on a nine-yard carry. However, Neville's defense forced Longview into a fourth-and-goal situation from the four-yard line. But, McGee scored on fourth down and with Cloyd's extra point the game was tied at 7-7.

Neville did take the ensuing kickoff and picked up four consecutive first downs to the Longview 21 behind the running of White and McNeal.

The Lobo defense held, and on fourth down Smith's 32-yard field goal attempt was wide to the right.

White paced the Tigers rushing with 81 yards on 16 carries. McNeal, who started out by alternating with James Brooks, finished with 39 yards on six carries.

The Lobos started with Carlin Freeman at quarterback, but went to Quincy Grant for the first time this season. He directed both scoring drives.

Longview's Rashah Williams had a key interception late in the ballgame after teammate DeKendrick Campbell tipped a pass by McNeal.

Here's that 2004 Longview/Monroe Neville game both teams were Top 10 in their repsective states.....this was before Monroe Neville installed their turf field.

Longview won the game 14-7, but if you are objective it's hard to tell which team is from what state. Keep in mind Longview is almost 3 times larger than Monroe Neville.

Longview-white

Monroe Neville-black

I'd be happy to look at any 4A Salado, TX film playing a 6A, 5A or even good 3A team if anyone is brave enough to post some....Impress me.

The point is Monroe Neville is not a super power, but they play great football for a school with 900 students. They've been nationally ranked many years going back to the 1980's.

Like most teams they have up/down seasons. I can list several hundred texas schools who fit that bill.

8 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

TFrog and Red are still dancing, will the Love affair’s flame ever wither and die?

bgw

Longview would be the 5th largest city in La.  It damn sure is built different.  Monroe isn't a top 5 city in East Texas.  Longview has 4 HS including White Oak and  Tourneau College. D1 Schools are in Major cities.  San Marcos stand alone city has Texas State.  Texas is not La. and I wouldn't spend a minute trying to explain the difference.  Our midsize cities all have colleges.  Huntsville and Wichita Falls are a few others. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Texas is not La. and I wouldn't spend a minute trying to explain the difference. 

and, I wouldn't spend a damn minute listening to it if you did....

4A Monroe Neville, La enrollment 969

5A/6A Longview, tx enrollment 2141

End of discussion.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

and, I wouldn't spend a damn minute listening to it if you did....

4A Monroe Neville, La enrollment 969

5A/6A Longview, tx enrollment 2141

End of discussion.

There are large schools everywhere. In nearly every state. 

Except Louisiana. Their schools are teeny-tiny.

End of discussion.

28 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Except Louisiana. Their schools are teeny-tiny

...teeny-tiny enrollments with a big school football punch. 

No one would ever want to play a Louisiana school with a 3000-7000 student enrollment. 

It would be suicide. End of discussion! 

• Haha 1

In the last 15 years..   Neville is (2-4) against Texas teams..  Mostly on the former Texas 4A level.

Two wins against Marshall (TX 4A).

Yet the idiot boy that goes by Swampppynuttzzz (Cajun) thinks Neville could go "toe-toe" with Cedar Hill most years.   ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Just more examples of how Swamppynuttzzz is a clown and idiot..

Neville with there 4-5 kids that go both ways (Most of the time) are going to go "Toe to toe" with TX 6A Cedar Hill and all their Size, Speed, Depth and Talent.     Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

46 minutes ago, RedZone said:

...teeny-tiny enrollments with a big school football punch. 

No one would ever want to play a Louisiana school with a 3000-7000 student enrollment. 

It would be suicide. End of discussion! 

Ya...  probably explains why the LSU Coaching staff (along with just about every other FBS team in Louisiana) gets so many of their players from outside the borders of Louisiana.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

There are large schools everywhere. In nearly every state. 

Except Louisiana. Their schools are teeny-tiny.

End of discussion.

But those teeny-tiny Louisiana school are going to go Toe-Toe with all those Texas 6A's and 5A's that have 5,000, 4,000, 3,000 kids in their schools.

Swammpyynuttzzz...  just stick to a few of the Louisiana Private Schools that can "RECRUIT UP" a lot of talented kids from certain parts of NOLA and Baton Rouge...  and still would get the SHIT KICKED out of them 9 out of 10 times against bigger Texas 6A's.

The Archbishop Rummel,  John Curtis and ECA teams that I've seen over the past 10 years would get freaking curb stomped by the more Elite Texas 6A's.

Best chance to play against some Texas 5A's and hope to hang in there for 48 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, RedZone said:

Here's that 2004 Longview/Monroe Neville game both teams were Top 10 in their repsective states.....this was before Monroe Neville installed their turf field.

Longview won the game 14-7, but if you are objective it's hard to tell which team is from what state. Keep in mind Longview is almost 3 times larger than Monroe Neville.

Longview-white

Monroe Neville-black

I'd be happy to look at any 4A Salado, TX film playing a 6A, 5A or even good 3A team if anyone is brave enough to post some....Impress me.

The point is Monroe Neville is not a super power, but they play great football for a school with 900 students. They've been nationally ranked many years going back to the 1980's.

Like most teams they have up/down seasons. I can list several hundred texas schools who fit that bill.

Great game, RedZone.

Thanks for posting it. 

We understand now. 

• Confused 1

@Texasfrog you will never get that time back.  LMAO.  bEast Texas.  Longview is 20 - 4 vs La. The last 20 years and beat 11 State Champs or runner ups.  2 of those losses were in the 2000 Season when they went 3 - 7.  Forget Texas East Texas Big Boys are too much.  Waste of time in a Texas Thread Clout chasing.

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Texasfrog you will never get that time back.  LMAO.  bEast Texas.  Longview is 20 - 4 vs La. The last 20 years and beat 11 State Champs or runner ups.  2 of those losses were in the 2000 Season when they went 3 - 7.  Forget Texas East Texas Big Boys are too much.  Waste of time in a Texas Thread Clout chasing.

This is why you are known as a double-talk poster. 

Warren Easton lost 5 games that year. Including losing 3 games to NOLA teams.  Edna Karr beat Warren Easton 61-12 that year. Easton was basically a freshman and sophomore team that year and they were led by freshman quarterback.

Cream on that, gunny. 

No need to address your other nonsense. 

17 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

When the heck was this?  I don’t remember this game.