What up Texas?

DevilDog

On 7/15/2020 at 9:43 AM, Frosty4024 said:

Atm I'm leaning towards Samples.  Mathis didn't do anything special at Marshall but beat the teams he was supposed to basically.  

Carthage and Longview put that work on them.

With that said...It's 2 different styles of coaches.

Mathis is offense minded and in-your-face type.

Samples is more subtle and defensive minded...but will put someone in blast if need be.

Found out that Duncanville has a Stud coming up from 8th grade.  Kid can throw and is the fastest kid in the area at his age.  He looked like a man child from the footage that I was shown and looks to be the next big time guy.   I don’t think Samples handed Parsons the keys to the team as we all thought, which may have caused the two to go separate ways.  I think Parsons would’ve started this year but next year definitely would have been a toss up.  

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2020 at 7:15 PM, Champa said:

A lot of area games are little screwed up due to Covid and Laura.

Newton gets West Orange Stark next, who should be a serious contender for a state title this year. We'll definitely see what the Eagles are made of this upcoming week.

Well this ain't good.

WOS - 42

Newton - 0

Start of the third. Gonna be another running clock for the Eagles.

35 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Silsbee and Pleasant Grove had me intrigued until Silsbee forgot how to catch a kickoff (3 fumbles on pooch kicks).

Went from 21-7 to 39-7 Pleasant Grove.

If we had a competent passing game, this would have been a ball game. We actually turned the ball over 5 times total. It was 13 - 7 in the 3rd, then we completely fell apart with turnovers. Our defense just gave out after being on the field most the night. They were putting it to PG in the first half, although PG does have some big scary looking kids on both sides of the ball.

I think the WOS/Newton score was 70 - 0.

Poor Newton. They'll get it back together though. WOS is just a beast this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Champa said:

If we had a competent passing game, this would have been a ball game. We actually turned the ball over 5 times total. It was 13 - 7 in the 3rd, then we completely fell apart with turnovers. Our defense just gave out after being on the field most the night. They were putting it to PG in the first half, although PG does have some big scary looking kids on both sides of the ball.

I think the WOS/Newton score was 70 - 0.

Poor Newton. They'll get it back together though. WOS is just a beast this year.

Hasn't the passing game been Silsbee's issue for years?

2 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Hasn't the passing game been Silsbee's issue for years?

We've had a barely serviceable OB for the past few years now. I don't know why he doesn't get benched. We've had good receivers such as Kaylon Barnes (now at Baylor) in the past to make him look better than he really is. He doesn't really have any security blankets this year.

Sad thing is we've got a very promising sophomore QB who needs to start.

Lord only knows what WOS will do to us being this one dimensional when district starts.

8 hours ago, Champa said:

We've had a barely serviceable OB for the past few years now. I don't know why he doesn't get benched. We've had good receivers such as Kaylon Barnes (now at Baylor) in the past to make him look better than he really is. He doesn't really have any security blankets this year.

Sad thing is we've got a very promising sophomore QB who needs to start.

Lord only knows what WOS will do to us being this one dimensional when district starts.

45-10 will be my guess.

19 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

North Shore until DV actually beats them!

Argyle is ranked way too high and so is Parish Episcopal

Maxpreps really has always been complete dumbasses when it comes to rankings.

Who from Texas would take Argyle head up vs Aledo.  I am not even sure Argyle is the best 4A team and they have these guys at #10  in the entire state lmao - Jesus Christ almighty these dudes are fucking dumb as hell!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Who are the 6-9 teams better than those 2?

Off the top of my head:

Katy and SLC for starters.

We KNOW Northshore and Duncanville are 1-and-2

Desoto is a toss-up.  They have the potential.  They just got to put it all together.

People have given up on Allen because they lost basically thier entire D and gotta replace the QB.  But this is Allen.  I don't see Guyer beating them...Yet.

I want to put a team NOBODY is talking about. But CHILL has to replace basically the entire O-Line. So that's a no.

LT is lurking.

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Off the top of my head:

Katy and SLC for starters.

We KNOW Northshore and Duncanville are 1-and-2

Desoto is a toss-up.  They have the potential.  They just got to put it all together.

People have given up on Allen because they lost basically thier entire D and gotta replace the QB.  But this is Allen.  I don't see Guyer beating them...Yet.

I want to put a team NOBODY is talking about. But CHILL has to replace basically the entire O-Line. So that's a no.

LT is lurking.

So basically 4 teams: KT, NS, DV and SLC. Folks have given up on Allen b/c they weren’t that good.  You remember their rockwall game, they were mediocre. 

Guyer and ryan return a lot and Ryan got a quality transfer, the others, except NS/DV, not so much