What up Texas?

DevilDog

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

so other states can have close, competitive games but in Texas they’re overrated. 

No they overrate them too..Like I believe Texas can have a top 20 small school and others think we cannot.  I remember about 6 yrs ago.  I watched Argyle and Gilmer in the playoffs and Argyle had a big 240lb RB/LB who I think went to AZ.  That was one of the biggest and most physical team I saw that year.  Next week watched 6A Jesuit in the playoffs and I said Argyle would smoke Jesuit and I got no way.  Argyle was way bigger and physical.  People overrate teams on Class and name recognition.  5A splitting and npw playing down a class and up a class is proof.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

No they overrate them too..Like I believe Texas can have a top 20 small school and others cannot.  I remember about 6 yrs ago.  I watched Argyle and Gilmer in the playoffs and Argyle had a big 240lb RB/LB who I think went to AZ.  That was one of the biggest candidates physical teams I saw that year.  Next week watched 6A Jesuit in the playoffs and I said Argyle would smoke Jesuit and I got no way.  Argyle was way bigger and physical.  People overrated teams on Class and name recognition.  

But Guyer battling a top area team and eventually winning big isn’t Guyer being overrated. Who in Texas besides a few would beat them? Surely you’re not thinking carthage. 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

No they overrate them too..Like I believe Texas can have a top 20 small school and others cannot.  I remember about 6 yrs ago.  I watched Argyle and Gilmer in the playoffs and Argyle had a big 240lb RB/LB who I think went to AZ.  That was one of the biggest and most physical team I saw that year.  Next week watched 6A Jesuit in the playoffs and I said Argyle would smoke Jesuit and I got no way.  Argyle was way bigger and physical.  People overrated teams on Class and name recognition.  

Ralston was a baaaaad man.

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But Guyer battling a top area team and eventually winning big isn’t Guyer being overrated. Who in Texas besides a few would beat them? Surely you’re not thinking carthage. 

The top 5 teams in Texas beat 98% of all our teams.  Carthage wouldn’t lose any more than 99% of 6A. But their loss would be proof of class difference. Put the #15 - 25 6A up against them or Argyle or CS and they would be just as competitive as SOC against those teams. 

21 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Ralston was a baaaaad man.

And Jesuit looked like a 4A team.  They were small.  I know you and I have watched Argyle for years.  I've been saying for 3 years that Aledo would not smoke them.  And was told no way.  Yet P.E. a Private that people say are not good beats them and P.P.another Private beat Coppell last year.  That's why I say base it off the team not the AAAAAs.  Dvill, NS. WL are nit the norm in 6A.  Longview would be a top 5 6A this year.  The rest of 6A is closer to Carthage than Those teams.  

11 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The top 5 teams in Texas beat 98% of all our teams.  Carthage wouldn’t lose any more than 99% of 6A. But their loss would be proof of class difference. Put the #15 - 25 6A up against them or Argyle or CS and they would be just as competitive as SOC against those teams. 

too bad we couldn’t convince surratt to stop ducking n hiding in East texas,  pick up the phone and call Longview.  I’ve got a feeling he will never because he wants to hide behind the myth he is  top 25 team In texas.   

I’d like to see them play PE next year too so all this can be settled on the field and not debated 

but 4A is a long way from 6A. As an example waxahachie smoked Ennis 42-7.  Ennis barely lost to Melissa who lost to top rated China Springs by 1.  

57 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

And Jesuit looked like a 4A team.  They were small.  I know you and I have watched Argyle for years.  I've been saying for 3 years that Aledo would not smoke them.  And was told no way.  Yet P.E. a Private that people say are not good beats them and P.P.another Private beat Coppell last year.  That's why I say base it off the team not the AAAAAs.  Dvill, NS. WL are nit the norm in 6A.  Longview would be a top 5 6A this year.  The rest of 6A is closer to Carthage than Those teams.  

Who, in the current 6A Top 5, would Longview replace?

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

too bad we couldn’t convince surratt to stop ducking n hiding in East texas,  pick up the phone and call Longview.  I’ve got a feeling he will never because he wants to hide behind the myth he is  top 25 team In texas.   

I’d like to see them play PE next year too so all this can be settled on the field and not debated 

but 4A is a long way from 6A. As an example waxahachie smoked Ennis 42-7.  Ennis barely lost to Melissa who lost to top rated China Springs by 1.  

2019 #35 4A W.F. Hirschi beats #42 6A playoff team Frenship 42 - 41.  Lost to them the year before by 13.  Hirschi got smoked by 4A teams more than Frenship by 6A. So a mid level 4A beats a mid level 6A. So how big is this so called gap.  We don't have to guess these teams played. Why didn't the imaginary depth show up on the LOS.  Their 22 were no better and the other 22 don't even matter in HS football. 

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

2019 #35 4A W.F. Hirschi beats #42 6A playoff team Frenship 42 - 41.  Lost to them the year before by 13.  Hirschi got smoked by 4A teams more than Frenship by 6A. So a mid level 4A beats a mid level 6A. So how big is this so called gap.  We don't have to guess these teams played.

It’s big.  Check this out 

Unranked CE king 63-7 over Crosby 

#1 longview 49-15 Crosby 

Allen 49-14 CE king 

Guyer 49-7 Allen! 

Guyer 50-27 lancaster

longview 21-13 lancaster 

guyer 44-14 aledo

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s big.  Check this out 

Unranked CE king 63-7 over Crosby 

#1 longview 49-15 Crosby 

Allen 49-14 CE king 

Guyer 49-7 Allen! 

Guyer 50-27 lancaster

longview 21-13 lancaster 

guyer 44-14 aledo

Now I will go back and look at the games 5A won.  I remember 4A Longview ranked #1 beating #1 5A Allen.. I remember Aledo beat Guyer 40 - 0 a few years ago and had like a 1pt loss before the big loss this year.  5A Lancaster played ET tougher than 6A the year they beat DLS.  LV has never taken a backseat.  

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Now I will go back and look at the games 5A won.  I remember 4A Longview ranked #1 beating #1 5A Allen.. I remember Aledo beat Guyer 40 - 0 a few years ago and had like a 1pt loss before the big loss this year.  5A Lancaster played ET tougher than 6A the year they beat DLS.  LV has never taken a backseat.  

LV over Allen is an outlier too way back in 2009 or so.  For every one of those games you’ll find a bunch of 6A whipping up on 5A.  Especially recently, it’s not close.  

If I went to court and my argument is that 4A - 6A is not that great a gap outside the top 5 and when asked for evidence not conjecture.  I would say well 6A hides and will only play down to 5A.  Your honor 3 years ago they scheduled a mid level 4A and loss.  My proof is W.F. Hirschi. I rest my Case your honor😁.  I just need a valid rebuttal for the actual game. 

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

LV over Allen is an outlier too way back in 2009 or so.  For every one of those games you’ll find a bunch of 6A whipping up on 5A.  Especially recently, it’s not close.  

Highland Park says they stomped 6A power Rockwall while they were putting a fifty spot on 6A each week 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

If I went to court and my argument is that 4A - 6A is not that great a gap outside the top 5 and when asked for evidence not conjecture.  I would say well 6A hides and will only play down to 5A.  Your honor 3 years ago they scheduled a mid level 4A and loss.  My proof is W.F. Hirschi. I rest my Case your honor😁.  I just need a valid rebuttal for the actual game. 

Lol yeah one game isn’t evidence, there’s no trend. 😊 watch Aledo win a title.  Already had DV blow out SOC last year only for SOC to steamroll to a title.

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Lol yeah one game isn’t evidence, there’s no trend. 😊 watch Aledo win a title.  Already had DV blow out SOC last year only for SOC to steamroll to a title.

Thats the only game btwn 6A and 4A and 4A won the last time they played.  600 kids beat 2500 kids.  

Look at Dville vs 6A and vs SOC.  Hell SOC was their hardest opponent.  

Dville is an outlier most of 6A is closer to SOC than Dville.

Dville 23 - 5A SOC 10.  Not one 6A have played them closer.  Hell they just beat The Woodlands 35 - 3 4rds deep into the playoffs.  5A SOC 

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Thats the only game btwn 6A and 4A and 4A won the last time they played.  600 kids beat 2500 kids.  

Look at Dville vs 6A and vs SOC.  Hell SOC was their hardest opponent.  

Dville is an outlier most of 6A is closer to SOC than Dville.

Dville 23 - 5A SOC 10.  Not one 6A have played them closer.  Hell they just beat The Woodlands 35 - 3 4rds deep into the playoffs.  5A SOC 

But the point is SOC is a defending state champ.

the woodlands already had 2 losses prior to last night, one a blowout by NS. (Woods was #2 in their district) 

Aledo is the winningest 5A program in the state and they were taken to the woodshed by 6A.  Who has beaten Aledo by 30 this year in 5A?  Remember it’s the best of the class not also rans.

3-7 Frenship played 10-3 hirschi in 2018 also and beat them by double digits.  I’d say the 2019 Hirschi win was a fluke. 😂 

Looking at what's left in 6A, I got Prosper, Duncanville, NS, and Westlake in the final four. If Dville keeps playing defense like they have been, they should be the favorite. 

D2 I got Guyer, Katy, Dripping Springs, and Desoto. Still Guyer's to lose. Guyer/Katy should be a great game.

Keeping an eye on Wimberley in 4A. If they can blow their next two opponents out like they have been so far, then maybe Carthage will still have a challenge. Maybe.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Champa said:

Looking at what's left in 6A, I got Prosper, Duncanville, NS, and Westlake in the final four. If Dville keeps playing defense like they have been, they should be the favorite. 

D2 I got Guyer, Katy, Dripping Springs, and Desoto. Still Guyer's to lose. Guyer/Katy should be a great game.

Keeping an eye on Wimberley in 4A. If they can blow their next two opponents out like they have been so far, then maybe Carthage will still have a challenge. Maybe.

I like all your picks, except I have Lewisville in for prosper.  They’re playing very well right now with a legit defense 

1 hour ago, Champa said:

Texas needs to get their top 10 teams in the same division. Florida likewise. 

Guyer,  Duncanville,  SLC, Katy,  Westlake, and NS in the same bracket would be great.  

24 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Texas needs to get their top 10 teams in the same division. Florida likewise. 

Guyer,  Duncanville,  SLC, Katy,  Westlake, and NS in the same bracket would be great.  

An open division would be ideal, top teams come and go so an open division would accommodate that in any year. 

• Like 3