What up Texas?

DevilDog

Texas the Epicenter of Amateur Bball.  The Houston Cougars and Texas Longhorns ranked 1 & 2.  And though Dvulle can't participate in our State Championships.  They decided to kick the Nation's asses for another year.  Don't sleep on them Baylor Bears either another top team.  Track, football and Bball Duncanville is the only H.S. school in America that's elite in all 3 and they are a public School.   B.G. Cen10 and IMG in football and Ball and America Heritage in Football and Track or the only ones  I know are elite in 2 of the 3.

1. Duncanville (Texas) 7-0
2. AZ Compass Prep (Chandler, Ariz.) 8-1
3. Montverde Academy (Fla.) 4-1
4. Prolific Prep (Napa, Calif.) 10-0
5. Link Academy (Branson, Mo.) 7-0
6. Centennial (Corona, Calif.) 5-1
7. St. Paul VI (Chantilly, Va.) 2-0
8. Sunrise Christian (Bel Aire, Kan.) 5-2
9. Wasatch Academy (Mt. Pleasant, Utah) 6-1
10. Wheeler (Marietta, Ga.) 4-0
11. Roselle (N.J.) Catholic 0-0
12. Camden (N.J.) 0-0
13. IMG (Bradenton, Fla.) 1-1
14. Combine Academy (Lincolnton, N.C.) 11-0
15. Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas) 2-0
16. Imhotep Charter (Philadelphia) 1-0
17. Harvard-Westlake (Studio City, Calif.) 8-0
18. Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks, Calif.) 6-1
19. Columbus (Miami) 3-1
20. Southern California Academy (Northridge, Calif.) 5-2
21. Long Island Lutheran (Brookville, N.Y.) 1-1
22. Christ the King (Queens, N.Y.) 1-1
23. Perry (Gilbert, Ariz.) 6-0
24. La Lumiere (La Porte, Ind.) 5-2
25. Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth, Calif.) 4-1

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Texas the Epicenter of Amateur Bball.  The Houston Cougars and Texas Longhorns ranked 1 & 2.  And though Dvulle can't participate in our State Championships.  The decided to kick the Nation's asses 2 years in a row.  Don't sleep on them Baylor Bears either another top team.  Track, football and Bball Duncanville is the only H.S. school in America that's elite in all 3 and they are a public School.   B.G. in football and Ball and America Heritage I. Football and Track or the only two I know are e,ite in 2 of the 3.

2. AZ Compass Prep (Chandler, Ariz.) 8-1
3. Montverde Academy (Fla.) 4-1
4. Prolific Prep (Napa, Calif.) 10-0
5. Link Academy (Branson, Mo.) 7-0
6. Centennial (Corona, Calif.) 5-1
7. St. Paul VI (Chantilly, Va.) 2-0
8. Sunrise Christian (Bel Aire, Kan.) 5-2
9. Wasatch Academy (Mt. Pleasant, Utah) 6-1
10. Wheeler (Marietta, Ga.) 4-0
11. Roselle (N.J.) Catholic 0-0
12. Camden (N.J.) 0-0
13. IMG (Bradenton, Fla.) 1-1
14. Combine Academy (Lincolnton, N.C.) 11-0
16. Imhotep Charter (Philadelphia) 1-0
17. Harvard-Westlake (Studio City, Calif.) 8-0
18. Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks, Calif.) 6-1
19. Columbus (Miami) 3-1
20. Southern California Academy (Northridge, Calif.) 5-2
21. Long Island Lutheran (Brookville, N.Y.) 1-1
22. Christ the King (Queens, N.Y.) 1-1
23. Perry (Gilbert, Ariz.) 6-0
24. La Lumiere (La Porte, Ind.) 5-2
25. Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth, Calif.) 4-1

What I find interesting is there’s not another Texas school in the top 25?  No Beaumont United nor lake highlands whose only loss so far this year is a 1 point loss to DV.  

cen10 has an argument of being elite in FB/BB. Don’t know what they do in T&F 

19 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Texas the Epicenter of Amateur Bball.  The Houston Cougars and Texas Longhorns ranked 1 & 2.  And though Dvulle can't participate in our State Championships.  The decided to kick the Nation's asses 2 years in a row.  Don't sleep on them Baylor Bears either another top team.  Track, football and Bball Duncanville is the only H.S. school in America that's elite in all 3 and they are a public School.   B.G. in football and Ball and America Heritage I. Football and Track or the only two I know are e,ite in 2 of the 3.

BG is a Top25 team in baseball year in and year out, along with being pretty damn tough in football and basketball too.

• Like 1

On basketball...

Beaumont United already has a loss to 4A Houston BTW this year. They also struggled with Carter. Not quite what they've been the past two years. Faith Family beat Duncanville before the season started, although I guess that doesn't really count.

I think the people who do these rankings often just go with name brand schools, which sort of makes them a little bogus. No way Lake Highlands and a few others shouldn't be highly ranked.

Still trying to figure out why Desoto can't put out elite b-ball teams anymore. I guess they're more football focused nowadays.

@Horsefly Remember us talking about this 2A kid that was running over everyone.  Three yrs later in bEast Texas RB tradition.  He is 1st Team Big 12 and leading TCU in the playoffs.  2A bEast Texas kid also another kid was getting props at this time as well  Barlow from Newton now at USC.  No one produces RBs like da bEast and we are talking 4A and below.  And fastest kids in Texas pound for pound.  That Kid from Timpson runs a 10.6 100m. And dem baby Knots are now fully knotted head 😁

23 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Horsefly Remember us talking about this 2A kid that was running over everyone.  Three yrs later in bEast Texas RB tradition.  He is 1st Team Big 12 and leading TCU in the playoffs.  2A bEast Texas kid also another kid was getting props at this time as well  Barlow from Newton now at USC.  No one produces RBs like da bEast and we are talking 4A and below.  And fastest kids in Texas pound for pound.  That Kid from Timpson runs a 10.6 100m. And dem baby Knots are now fully knotted head 😁

Yep! Sure do remember, he’s a powerful back for the frogs. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2022 at 8:36 PM, maxchoboian said:

BG is a Top25 team in baseball year in and year out, along with being pretty damn tough in football and basketball too.

I noticed and posted recently about Corona Centennial and Duncanville having public school powerhouses in both football and bb.  They were in a top 25 bb poll.

Baseball? Not sure.  #lazyassdidntcheck

13 minutes ago, btango said:

For the football playoffs are all games on a neutral field or is home field determined by seed or pre-determined?  

If all games are not at neutral site do they go to neutral sites at a certain round?

Thanks for the info.

4A and below all games are at a neutral site in all rounds.  All State  championship games are at Cowboy Stadium.  5A & 6A is different:

All potential neutral and home sites (town and stadium) should be designated prior to any coin toss. 
For the first round of the playoffs only in classifications 5A and 6A, the higher district finish will determine whether the game is played on the top seed’s home field or mutually agree to play the game at a neutral site.

• Thanks 1

Looks like A&M got them a nice running back in Ruben Owens. 

Not sure I see any real upsets this Friday or Saturday. Interested to see Prosper/Duncanville. Dville needs to play a good clean game. Not sure there's anyone in Texas that can force them to be a passing team, which is why I like them if they play smart. Don't let the other team bait you into doing anything stupid. Saw some of the extra stuff Westfield was doing to their players. Just kick the other team's ass on the scoreboard and be happy with that.

44 minutes ago, Champa said:

Looks like A&M got them a nice running back in Ruben Owens. 

Not sure I see any real upsets this Friday or Saturday. Interested to see Prosper/Duncanville. Dville needs to play a good clean game. Not sure there's anyone in Texas that can force them to be a passing team, which is why I like them if they play smart. Don't let the other team bait you into doing anything stupid. Saw some of the extra stuff Westfield was doing to their players. Just kick the other team's ass on the scoreboard and be happy with that.

NS like last year will absolutely stall their run game and make them pass. WL could also