What up Texas?

DevilDog

27 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

It would make every teams paths more even.

Right now some teams paths are way to easy to get to certain rounds 

This has been discussed before in Texas.  It will not work because it would require 300 miles or more in travel in multiple rounds.  A few years back we went to the best team hosting in 1st rounds. 

24 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This has been discussed before in Texas.  It will not work because it would require 300 miles or more in travel in multiple rounds.  A few years back we went to the best team hosting in 1st rounds. 

If we seed for only the top 64 (1 playoff not D1/D2) the reality is some valley teams wouldn’t make the cut or from other areas.  Could be that many teams and districts wouldn’t be in the tournament cutting down on overall travel 

What venue is half way from El Paso?

8 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I know about the vastness of Texas but have the teams meet halfway

That would still be helluva travel.  No one wants to possibly drive 300 miles for multiple weeks. Say El Paso or another far west team meets DFW team in the 1st 3 wks. That would be close to 1K in Travel.  With each driving to Mid,and or Odessa.  It would be. More competitive but not financial feasible. Those El Paso teams now dri e to Arlington for Regional T&F,  620 miles.  It would work only like this in IMHO.  If you rank the 4 regions separately and then have the Regional Champs meet

Let's say NS  vs. El Paso in 1st round.  #2 vs #64,  damn near 800 miles btwn them. So in Rd 1 the Team,  band and all are driving 800 miles Rd trip.  Dont forget they have to drive back.  Now they will need to spend the night.   Easy to say meet half way.  They also have to return.  That's damn near 800 miles RT.

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Let's say NS  vs. El Paso in 1st round.  #2 vs #64,  damn near 800 miles brown them. So in Rd 1 the Team,  and and all are driving 800 miles Rd trip.  Dont forget they have to drive back.  Now they will need to spend the night.   Easy to say meet half way.  They also have to return.  That's damn near 800 miles RT.

I don't think they have to spend the night. 

I played in Clovis in the 90s, and we came back that same day(280 miles away)

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I don't think they have to spend the night. 

I played in Fresno in the 90s, and we came back that same day(280 miles away)

These 6A Texas Schools travel like a small college.  So if the game is early like 3pm.  Those kids are leaving at 5am.  With a minimum of 10  busses.  Commercial drivers are limited to 12hrs a day driving.  I'm a Commercial Auto Insurance guy.  Their butts will ha e to spend the night or hire multiple drivers for each bus

3 minutes ago, Champa said:

Take a break from football and catch some Panther b-ball. This was a great game. That Newton (GA) team had a kid that could not miss. Dville has now taken down Cali, Florida, and Georgia. New York is next. Party's probably over after this year though.

Good win, but agree it’s over after this season. I think the team decided to forfeit the postseason this year too. 

13 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@Horsefly @Frosty4024

Look what we have Thursday with the small school ballers.  I dont give a damn if I have to pay $30 to watch. This is must see TX Football.  That Brotha QB at Timpson might win Mr. Football in Texas. One talented kid in 2A.

#1 Timpson (14-0) vs. #4 Refugio (13-1), 6 p.m. Thursday at Cypress’ Cy-Fair FCU Stadium

There it is!

I've been waiting for this.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’m so happy to see you excited about this game 🙂

If they are streaming it, I will let you know.

Like the 1st time I give a damn about his opinion will be the last time.  Texas will always have nuthuggers on everything Texas.  These knuckleheads don't understand we love our small ball as much as 6A.  It's our culture.  Our 2A will have more fans at State than most of their big Schools.  1A towns with 600 people playing at State in front of 7K.  Timpson has a 4* QB that could join Kyler Murray as the only Jr to win. Mr. Football in Texas.  Now you will have 3 pages of Two Fukn idiots discussing Timpson nd Refugio with each other for 3 days. It's really insane when they spend a week back and forth.  They do it so much they are addicted to each other's stupidity.    😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1