What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 hour ago, Champa said:

[A ‘Category A’ recruiting violation but not clear of the extent of it?] I guess they just know it involves recruiting but aren’t clear enough to release the details of it.

Wow. I wonder if they’re going to try to make an example out of North Shore with football like they had to do with Duncanville’s basketball team a couple of years ago? Postseason bans, coach suspension and probations.

This will be interesting 

….and I know it’s not just North Shore doing recruiting stuff. The UIL could use this to finally put their foot down.

Word from a North Shore person is nothing is gonna happen. It has more to do with a butt hurt coach from another team than anything.

Keep in mind the source, because they might be just a little biased. We shall see.

I believe somebody posed a tweet of a NS coach encouraging a kid to come on over. Not sure if that will matter or not.

23 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

[A ‘Category A’ recruiting violation but not clear of the extent of it?] I guess they just know it involves recruiting but aren’t clear enough to release the details of it.

Wow. I wonder if they’re going to try to make an example out of North Shore with football like they had to do with Duncanville’s basketball team a couple of years ago? Postseason bans, coach suspension and probations.

This will be interesting 

….and I know it’s not just North Shore doing recruiting stuff. The UIL could use this to finally put their foot down.

I’m going to watch this one, they stream these live on YT

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Champa said:

Big ass basketball game tonight on Texan Live.

Fort Bend Clements vs Seven Lakes. Will definitely check it out

It's a shame these two are playing each other in the third round of the playoffs.

Clements is playing mad sloppy.  Should be glad to only be down 1 at the half.

Just now, Frosty4024 said:

Clements is playing mad sloppy.  Should be glad to only be down 1 at the half.

Seven Lakes defense has been mostly great. They weathered the storm at first and got the lead at the half. Clements can't stop #24.

Nice to see a much smaller team winning.

Apparently the North Shore situation may really be about the Dekaney coach posting something on Twitter. Could be just a slap on the wrist if true.

Think I'm ready to call a Stony Point vs Plano East state finals. Of course, if this prediction goes as well as some of my football picks, you may want to hold your horses on that.

15 minutes ago, Champa said:

Apparently the North Shore situation may really be about the Dekaney coach posting something on Twitter. Could be just a slap on the wrist if true.

Think I'm ready to call a Stony Point vs Plano East state finals. Of course, if this prediction goes as well as some of my football picks, you may want to hold your horses on that.

What do you mean posting something on Twitter,? I know he posted the tweet b/w the NS coach n the player.

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What do you mean posting something on Twitter,? I know he posted the tweet b/w the NS coach n the player.

That's it.

This info is coming from a former NS coach who's still close to the program, so it could also be cope and there's more to it than that. We'll have to wait and see.

• Like 3

Well.  The assistant coach that tweeted out the recruitment post, fell on the sword for the district, and got a 3 year suspension

HC Gaston is suspended 2 games at the start of district. The committee commended NS admin on their diligence in addressing the committees concerns etc. 

• Like 1

Three years is pretty harsh for a tweet. Hope he has something else to fall back on for a living.

Just let the kids transfer for whatever reason they want at least once. There were some who wanted do that, but the idea failed. Too many drama queen coaches to let it happen. Like I'm supposed to believe if a 5 star wanted to play for one of them, they'd push them away in the name of honor and keeping it real. LOL. No, seriously. LOL 🤣

Imagine having a kid that's showing real potential at QB, but you're zoned to Liberty Hill?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champa said:

Three years is pretty harsh for a tweet. Hope he has something else to fall back on for a living.

Just let the kids transfer for whatever reason they want at least once. There were some who wanted do that, but the idea failed. Too many drama queen coaches to let it happen. Like I'm supposed to believe if a 5 star wanted to play for one of them, they'd push them away in the name of honor and keeping it real. LOL. No, seriously. LOL 🤣

Imagine having a kid that's showing real potential at QB, but you're zoned to Liberty Hill?

Agree, I think they need to loosen up transfer rules.

There was another transfer case also on the UIL docket today. A RB transferred from Leander to Lake Travis, it was denied but the parents case appeared reasonable and credible. 

https://abc13.com/hearing-for-north-shore-high-school-football-team-violating-uil-recruiting-rules/14476600/

At a hearing Wednesday morning, the University Interscholastic League executive committee suspended former North Shore football assistant coach Andrew Cameron from all UIL activities for three years.

Cameron resigned from his position on the North Shore coaching staff after school officials were made aware that he had attempted to recruit two players, one from Dekaney High and one from Cy Falls High, to play at North Shore.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

https://abc13.com/hearing-for-north-shore-high-school-football-team-violating-uil-recruiting-rules/14476600/

At a hearing Wednesday morning, the University Interscholastic League executive committee suspended former North Shore football assistant coach Andrew Cameron from all UIL activities for three years.

Cameron resigned from his position on the North Shore coaching staff after school officials were made aware that he had attempted to recruit two players, one from Dekaney High and one from Cy Falls High, to play at North Shore.

So the fall guy did his job. 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Champa said:

Seven Lakes fell apart in the 4th. Too much 1 on 5 ball on offense and cold three point shooting. Star players tried to force things too much.

BU -71

Seven Lakes - 63

I watched half of it.  Then got caught up in The Colony vs Longview.  The Colony had a guard go off for 32.  Longview missed game winning 3 from straight away.

Keller beat Lewisville as Farmers died by the 3.