Bad night in Lowndes/Valdosta .

HooverOutlaw

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Definitely a tough night for the folks 43 miles southeast of Moultrie. 

Lowndes losing a heart breaker to Tift. Then Valdosta... Yeah. Idk what to say about them. I mean Lee is for real, but, damn. 

And Next week Tift will solidify the #1 seeding with a win over Colquitt... 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Definitely a tough night for the folks 43 miles southeast of Moultrie. 

Lowndes losing a heart breaker to Tift. Then Valdosta... Yeah. Idk what to say about them. I mean Lee is for real, but, damn. 

Wait.... Lowndes lost?!!!! I thought they won.....smh. Oh well. Good job Tift! 

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Wait.... Lowndes lost?!!!! I thought they won.....smh. Oh well. Good job Tift! 

Yeah. Tift scored a late td. Idk how it went down. I had them chalked off as a loss, then when I got to my truck, the radio show said that the final was 21-17 Tift. 

Must've been a wild night down there. Lowndes had been rolling teams putting up crazy scores and then Tift rolled in and put a shut down on that 50+ point scoring shit that Tisdale and the Vikings had been doing. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My paison, Coach Dino Fabrizio, lighting up the scoreboard tonight. Damn!!!! OOS here we come! 

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. Tift scored a late td. Idk how it went down. I had them chalked off as a loss, then when I got to my truck, the radio show said that the final was 21-17 Tift. 

Must've been a wild night down there. Lowndes had been rolling teams putting up crazy scores and then Tift rolled in and put a shut down on that 50+ point scoring shit that Tisdale and the Vikings had been doing. 

Lee put up 63 on Valdosta... 

And next Week Houston HS plays Lee at Lee 

And Valdosta beat them 55-14... 

Now I'm not a betting man but... Sounds like Lee is gonna need a 3rd score slot on that score board... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Lee put up 63 on Valdosta... 

And next Week Houston HS plays Lee at Lee 

And Valdosta beat them 55-14... 

Now I'm not a betting man but... Sounds like Lee is gonna need a 3rd score slot on that score board... 

Yeah, I don't think it really works like that, but, it's pretty safe to say that Lee should cruise in comfortably. 

That defense is serious. I wish they'd had the balls to play Colquitt this season. I'd love to see if it's all it appears to be against the competition they've been playing. It certainly looks like it. It seems a game like that this year could have been like 3-0 final score. I'd bet it would have been Colquitt 48 Lee 10 though. 

I get the feeling they're gonna step out into that water and PGL gonna set their ass up for a good ol' ass whipping like they haven't seen since Coach Sutton beat up their chain gang. xD

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Tift hit a 75 yard bomb after forcing a lowndes punt... was some mad announcers on the radio.. wideout started taunting at about the 30 but they called it a dead ball foul. Announcers thought the game winning touchdown should have been called back

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lee might only have $5-7K to help with. And they aren't close to any major airport. 

Look for it to be a decent team but nothing special like Jones or someone like that. It won't be a powerhouse I can bet you that 

If you think Colquitts hard to get too ... Lol 

Lee County is truly the middle of nowhere... 

Nice area though that ain't no lie... 

22 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Hmmm. A little odd you would post this.

Why would you think that?

All I'm saying is, this Lee team reminds me of the 2015 Lee team. 

They rolled through their schedule until they hit region 1, 6A play. They beat Tift and thought they were monsters. Then they found out that they weren't. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?schoolid=52d89642-6d2d-4bbb-b0a3-d0484800936c&ssid=ebff7089-c234-4d83-9f97-7f94d95ffd37

The difference between 2015 and 2018 is, they don't have to play Colquitt, Lowndes, Tift and Camden this year. They also aren't over there chanting they want them some Colquitt, Lowndes or Tift either though. 

They get to roll right along. They'll probably win the 6A championship this year. They could be top 6 or 7 in the state I think. Maybe top 5. 

I have them beating Rome if that game happened. If that means anything. 

29 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Hmmm. A little odd you would post this.

Last time Lee and Colquitt played somebody from the Lee County chain gang tried to fight rush... 

But Lee made history... Their first ever win over Valdosta... 

They're now 1-14 vs Valdosta all time 

And still 0-13 vs Colquitt all time... 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You've been taking lots of similar guff from people nationally regarding your Hawgs.

This is true. There is differences though. Colquitt has and will play top OOS competition. Just not enough to satisfy certain people. 

The Packers do tend to play the best teams in Georgia, hell, even in South Georgia, before charging off to play OOS matchups though. 

Lee county is in an area where they could play top in state competition within a 70 mile radius but they aren't. 

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is true. There is differences though. Colquitt has and will play top OOS competition. Just not enough to satisfy certain people. 

The Packers do tend to play the best teams in Georgia, hell, even in South Georgia, before charging off to play OOS matchups though. 

Lee county is in an area where they could play top in state competition within a 70 mile radius but they aren't. 

I get it. I think Colquitt is very good. Just thought it strange timing to hear you say you wish another team had the balls to play you guys.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I get it. I think Colquitt is very good. Just thought it strange timing to hear you say you wish another team had the balls to play you guys.

Also, I'm not fussing about Lee getting a good ranking in the polls. 

I hope they climb as high as the sky in the polls. You see, I'm not a hater. I like Lee. 

Lee looks the part. They've put the clamp down on every team they played so far this season. 

Like I said, as far as rankings go, I probably have them around 6th in the state right now. Maybe 5th. Of course I haven't done an official ranking. Just in my head, I see them in that area in state. 

Wherever that shuffles them in nationally is fine by me, the, not a hater guy. ;)

• Like 1

Just for giggles and posterity... 

My Georgia top 10

1) Colquitt County

2) Grayson

3)Parkview

4) Walton

5) Lee

6) Rome

7) Hillgrove

8) North Gwinnett

9) Archer

10) Tift

Something along those lines. It's kind of fluid after 6th. I can't really make up my mind where those should fall in. Until last night I would have had Lowndes ahead of Hillgrove and Tift wouldn't have been in there. Their loss to Warner Robins is troublesome to me. I also had thoughts of moving Lee and Rome back to 6th and 7th with Hillgrove ahead of them. I just don't really trust Hillgrove 100% just yet.