MD vs Cen 10

Gospeeder

This IMO is going to be one of the more interesting games of the year.

After seeing the MD MV game in person with Cal 14, MD was clearly the better squad. MV would have still been waxed by MD even if they had not lost a couple of key players. This was one of those games where despite MVs high points, you knew how it was going to end up. I bring this up because after seeing CC up close, one can consider them a MV on steroids... smaller ( relative to MD ) and very quick linemen but with better athleticism and significantly more depth when compared to MV.

That to me may be the equalizer that makes this game attractive. While I favor MD, it's not a given they will prevail. If the line play balances out and MD does not shake their propensity for stupid penalties, CC, despite a less than stellar running attack, will make a game of it... really looking forward to this one.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

This IMO is going to be one of the more interesting games of the year.

After seeing the MD MV game in person with Cal 14, MD was clearly the better squad. MV would have still been waxed by MD even if they had not lost a couple of key players. This was one of those games where despite MVs high points, you knew how it was going to end up. I bring this up because after seeing CC up close, one can consider them a MV on steroids... smaller ( relative to MD ) and very quick linemen but with better athleticism and significantly more depth when compared to MV.

That to me may be the equalizer that makes this game attractive. While I favor MD, it's not a given they will prevail. If the line play balances out and MD does not shake their propensity for stupid penalties, CC, despite a less than stellar running attack, will make a game of it... really looking forward to this one.

I definitely want to see this one.   

7 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

If the line play balances out and MD does not shake their propensity for stupid penalties, CC, despite a less than stellar running attack, will make a game of it... really looking forward to this one.

Let's be honest and admit SJB got a bit of a favorable whistle vs MD.

13 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

MD has had penalty issues all season. I believe that speaks to more systemic issues, not "bad calls".

Please move my post to the Semifinals excuse thread when it comes up!

Centennial will have to clean their act up as well if they want to beat MD, in MD territory, along with the Mater Dei fix...the refs! lol sort of. The undersized Huskies will need all the good thoughts and prayers from folks in New Jersey or anywhere else that ever felt MD got some homecooking calls! These refs like to call holding 20 yards behind the play to bring back breakaway TDs.

1 hour ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Please move my post to the Semifinals excuse thread when it comes up!

Centennial will have to clean their act up as well if they want to beat MD, in MD territory, along with the Mater Dei fix...the refs! lol sort of. The undersized Huskies will need all the good thoughts and prayers from folks in New Jersey or anywhere else that ever felt MD got some homecooking calls! These refs like to call holding 20 yards behind the play to bring back breakaway TDs.

I like the culture of niceness that everyone has in requesting posts be moved to the Excuse Thread.  We have developed a culture that is   very considerate and accommodating.

• Haha 1