Geico Bowl Games

ECHS05

5 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Whoa! Number 6!? At least #3. I have them #1 right now, but their shaky performance against N’side leaves some doubt. I’ll give you that. Let’s wait and see how they perform against SFA before we cast any doubt.....

They havent played anyone.

Imagine if Colquitt had played that schedule. Or Milton. 

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Not sure I would call N’side and Peach Co . nobodies, but you could be right. Like I said to ATL, let’s wait and see what happens against SFA before we render judgement. 

Well no those teams are solid, I just meant they haven't played anyone good enough to be called #1 in GA.

11 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Hope this game isn't the same as Chandler vs Valdosta/Miami Northwestern. 

Where you have a national top 10 team playing a consolation team who isn't on par with the nation's elites. 

The only redeeming factor for Lee is team speed on defense. 

We already saw what happens when they face a similar strength defense. 

If SFA has a qb, Lee may be in trouble.

I hope it doesn't end up as the Valdosta debacle, but, I wouldn't be terribly surprised. 

I'll start the next black eye for Georgia thread myself! In spite of the fact we all telling that Lee isn't the top team in Georgia. xD

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The only redeeming factor for Lee is team speed on defense. 

We already saw what happens when they face a similar strength defense. 

If SFA has a qb, Lee may be in trouble.

I hope it doesn't end up as the Valdosta debacle, but, I wouldn't be terribly surprised. 

I'll start the next black eye for Georgia thread myself! In spite of the fact we all telling that Lee isn't the top team in Georgia. xD

You cant claim to be #1 in GA because ya beat Northside, Peach, & Creekview.

6 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Not sure I would call N’side and Peach Co . nobodies, but you could be right. Like I said to ATL, let’s wait and see what happens against SFA before we render judgement. 

Northside lost six games this year. Six. That’s a somebody? The whole state practically beat them. 

You’d take Lee County over Milton, Colquitt, Archer, Grayson and Hillgrove? No. I said a day before Colquitt lost that lower class teams do nothing for me and will never jump 7A. Go look during the Peach cedar Grove game. 

But I also said Lee is much better than 2016 Valdosta 6A Champ. Much. I feel I’m always pretty fair and that’s my assessment 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So let's say if Lee County easily wins this game..... would they be #1 in GA then?

No. It doesn’t work that way at all. I just can’t rationalize them beating the 7A top 5. The 6A semifinals consisted of DACULA, LANIER, and SIX LOSS NORTHSIDE. Grayson, Hillgrove, Milton, Colquitt and archer would’ve ran that. North gwinnett too. Possibly Lowndes. That doesn’t mean they’re all better than Lee but it gives plenty of reason of doubt. 

That said Lee County is much better than 2016 Valdosta team. I truly believe that. 

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Please go to the State Thread where I commented on Tuesday that Lee County is not in my top five. That is after they won state and the day before Colquitt played. 

I don’t backpedal. Thank you 

I may have Lee in 5th. Idk. The NWR game scared me off them some from where I once was on them. Their offense looked lots better against the weaker competition.

• Thanks 1

I hope Lee can make SFA look bad. If they can't, imagine all the possible story lines.

xD

Especially as the polls elevate them over the true top teams. 

What if they tried to pump Rome again this year? 

See, this stuff is why I was glad Colquitt played across several classifications this year. 

I was hoping it would prove that those smaller classes aren't as strong as people want to think. The 7A runner up clobbered the 5A runner up. Killed 6A Valdosta about the same as the 6A champ did etc. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

No. It doesn’t work that way at all. I just can’t rationalize them beating the 7A top 5. The 6A semifinals consisted of DACULA, LANIER, and SIX LOSS NORTHSIDE. Grayson, Hillgrove, Milton, Colquitt and archer would’ve ran that. North gwinnett too. Possibly Lowndes. That doesn’t mean they’re all better than Lee but it gives plenty of reason of doubt. 

That said Lee County is much better than 2016 Valdosta team. I truly believe that. 

Sooo if Lee beats a loaded SFA, you still wouldn't rank them over the top 5 7A teams? You think all the top 5 7A teams would beat SFA?

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Sooo if Lee beats a loaded SFA, you still wouldn't rank them over the top 5 7A teams? You think all the top 5 7A teams would beat SFA?

If Lee does, then yes, it would be a safe assumption to make. 

Damn I really thought the cross classification play from Colquitt this year would dispel this line of thought.

9 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

... I mean... if Lee does. 😂😂😂😂

but I believe SFA should win on paper. Again that’s with me not viewing Lee as a top 5 team. I have no idea if SFA is a legit powerhouse or not. They beat Bingham 41-3 last year. I understand they lost a lot but everyone is apparently still scared of them. They got some dudes 

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If Lee does, then yes, it would be a safe assumption to make. 

Damn I really thought the cross classification play from Colquitt this year would dispel this line of thought.

Uhhh.... there's more to 7A than colquitt, boss. Just because they beat the teams from lower classifications doesn't mean that the rest of the top 5 would beat them as well. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Fun comparison: ECLA puts up 60 on everyone in 1A. You’d think they’re a legit contender, right? Like 3x defending champion. They should play up right? But wait five loss 3A Pace Academy beat them. This is essentially how our California posters feel about Georgia and our SOS as whole. The way outsiders view Georgia, is the way I view Georgia’s smaller classifications. There’s levels to this shit and I don’t view Lee County on the level of Archer, Grayson, Colquitt, and Milton. Hillgrove lost one game this year, by one point, to state champion Milton. Yep I’m taking them over Lee too until proven otherwise. 

It’s not fair to Lee. They didn’t get their shot. Buuuuuut that’s how it is for everyone. See. The world comes full circle

• Like 1