Geico Bowl Games

ECHS05

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Uhhh.... there's more to 7A than colquitt, boss. Just because they beat the teams from lower classifications doesn't mean that the rest of the top 5 would beat them as well. 

Of course there is. Which should be further proof that the smaller classes shouldn't be ranked ahead of the top 7A teams. Duh! 

You make my argument for me... Boss!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

... I mean... if Lee does. 😂😂😂😂

but I believe SFA should win on paper. Again that’s with me not viewing Lee as a top 5 team. I have no idea if SFA is a legit powerhouse or not. They beat Bingham 41-3 last year. I understand they lost a lot but everyone is apparently still scared of them. They got some dudes 

THIS..... this is why you still gotta play the game at the end of the day. And everyone in the dmv area may have declined to play them, but I don't think a south georgia team is afraid to play anyone.....including SFA. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

You're only saying this because colquitt was able to do it, right? 

I do view through the lens of Colquitt's schedule because I'm most closely following and seeing how the games are played. 

So, saying that, for damned sure, I have Colquitt and Milton beating the other classifications down pretty solidly. 

After that, I get a little more nervous about which 7A teams could do the same things honestly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I do view through the lens of Colquitt's schedule because I'm most closely following and seeing how the games are played. 

So, saying that, for damned sure, I have Colquitt and Milton beating the other classifications down pretty solidly. 

After that, I get a little more nervous about which 7A teams could do the same things honestly.

Hillgrove

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nope.

They'd be number 1 in the DMV.

Or SFA would be outed as an overrated team that played nobody remotely close to good and couldn't beat a mediocre Ga team. Unfortunately I don't think Lee will win (despite SFAs pitiful schedule and not having played/practiced for weeks)... SFA will have too much talent for Lee. My prediction: SFA 20-7 (with Ga refs) or 41-0 with out of state refs...lol.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Or SFA would be outed as an overrated team that played nobody remotely close to good and couldn't beat a mediocre Ga team. Unfortunately I don't think Lee will win (despite SFAs pitiful schedule and not having played/practiced for weeks)... SFA will have too much talent for Lee. My prediction: SFA 20-7 (with Ga refs) or 41-0 with out of state refs...lol.

Our refs will screw whoever they feel like in or OOS...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Northside lost six games this year. Six. That’s a somebody? The whole state practically beat them. 

You’d take Lee County over Milton, Colquitt, Archer, Grayson and Hillgrove? No. I said a day before Colquitt lost that lower class teams do nothing for me and will never jump 7A. Go look during the Peach cedar Grove game. 

But I also said Lee is much better than 2016 Valdosta 6A Champ. Much. I feel I’m always pretty fair and that’s my assessment 

Fair enough. I usually lean that way myself when it comes to comparing the smaller class teams to the big boys. I want to see how Lee Co performs against SFA before I jump the Milton’s, CC’s, and Archer’s ahead of them. 

You guys know GA better than I do and always look at your comments before I release my national ranking. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lee is ranked 1 in GA in PrepNation as well 

Ga sandbagging?  Im shocked I say.  Shocked!!  Lee C top team in GA.  We will see how they do against SFA.  A team that has not played a game in weeks.  Realistically, the top team (Lee County) should be able to boat race SFA, since they have not played in forever and did not play a full game against a good team this year.  Lee C by 28, or black eye!

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Ga sandbagging?  Im shocked I say.  Shocked!!  Lee C top team in GA.  We will see how they do against SFA.  A team that has not played a game in weeks.  Realistically, the top team (Lee County) should be able to boat race SFA, since they have not played in forever and did not play a full game against a good team this year.  Lee C by 28, or black eye!

That's why I said "Lee in a laugher" 

it wont be much of a game. All of St Frances' transfers are gonna wish they were back at their old schools. 

In the 4th quarter they are gonna show a running clock with the SFA coaches face, and it's gonna say like the Southwest Airline commercials: "wanna get away???"

😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

This is what I was talking about right here! Hahahaha

I knew this was at least one story line. 

I'm certain there are other lines too, but I'm guessing this is the main one. 

And, if Lee does pull off a win, the story will be, SFA hadn't played since last year. Two kids got norovirus on the plane and another mysteriously got mono while on the bus. They had to ride a bus 3 hours after a flight. 

The refs were homers for Ga. 

Lee was at home. 

Etc  

xD

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And, if Lee does pull off a win, the story will be, SFA hadn't played since last year. Two kids got norovirus on the plane and another mysteriously got mono while on the bus. They had to ride a bus 3 hours after a flight. 

Lee was at home. 

Etc  

xD

I can't wait!!!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lee was at home. 

Etc  

xD

You forgot "had to leave three starters at home for academic reasons"...oh wait, were talking about SFA...nm 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WCACguy said:

You forgot "had to leave three starters at home for academic reasons"...oh wait, were talking about SFA...nm 

Yeah! I left that and funding issues out intentionally. 

I've heard Poggi has a right smart of show cards and folding money and the operation up that way is a little shady. 

Figured those types of story lines had to be out the door to keep it more realistic and believable. 

Hahahaha

We never claimed the title of #1 in the state. Lee is still building and we hope to be as successful as the power house 7a’s like Colquitt, Milton, Archer, and Hillgrove. We are proud to have been asked to play in the Geico bowl and we hope to represent GA well. I guess I just don’t understand why everyone is being so harsh on Lee. This wasn’t something that we chased after, it was offered and we accepted. What South GA team wouldn’t accept. Down South Georgia Boys don’t back down from any fight. We do appreciate your support though....... As far as the rankings go, you can have em, we’ll just play ball. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Dbynum79 said:

We never claimed the title of #1 in the state. Lee is still building and we hope to be as successful as the power house 7a’s like Colquitt, Milton, Archer, and Hillgrove. We are proud to have been asked to play in the Geico bowl and we hope to represent GA well. I guess I just don’t understand why everyone is being so harsh on Lee. This wasn’t something that we chased after, it was offered and we accepted. What South GA team wouldn’t accept. Down South Georgia Boys don’t back down from any fight. We do appreciate your support though....... As far as the rankings go, you can have em, we’ll just play ball. 

I honestly hope y'all win... 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dbynum79 said:

93A43E4F-328E-45AD-867E-6BDC28846817.gif