Geico Bowl Games

ECHS05

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Utah is no Ga.  No#1 from Utah i would think would lose against a team like that years SFA.  But not ga's #1. 

This years SFA? They are a Top 10 team in the country. Every poll except Massey & HSFBA, 2 algorithms that dropped them bc of SoS, have SFA atleast 6th or higher in the country.

No more calling Lee #1 in GA. Nonsense.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

This years SFA? They are a Top 10 team in the country. Every poll except Massey & HSFBA, 2 algorithms that dropped them bc of SoS, have SFA atleast 6th or higher in the country.

No more calling Lee #1 in GA. Nonsense.

Polls say otherwise.  You quote SFA being ranked so high by polls, but not Lee?  Hahaha.  Nice try homie. 

SFA

CalPreps: #4 

MaxPreps: #6 

PrepForce: #10 (missed they were 10 here, not 6 or better)

USAToday: #4

Whats crazy is, SFA is #12 in the comp poll dtnt makes... And SJP is #10... But SFA was beating SJP halfway through the 3rd quarter in a game that was called due to weather.

Damn computers. 

This is Lees chance to make a splash, but idk if they are ready if a team like SFA. I know they want it, & their D is solid. So we will see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Polls say otherwise.  You quote SFA being ranked so high by polls, but not Lee?  Hahaha.  Nice try homie. 

SFA has been at the top before... Last year.

Lee is undefeated... But has beat no team even in the GA Top 25.

Its just inheritance.

Draw your own conclusion, but there is no argument for Lee being #1.

Impossible to know where SFA stands too really. Wouldve been nice if they finished the game with SJP.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

SFA has been at the top before... Last year.

Lee is undefeated... But has beat no team even in the GA Top 25.

Its just inheritance.

Draw your own conclusion, but there is no argument for Lee being #1.

Impossible to know where SFA stands too really. Wouldve been nice if they finished the game with SJP.

P O L L S

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Why you hatin' on Ga fool?

And I thought you were fam and reasonable.

I thought wrong, the bias is real. I ain't saying Lee is the shit.... Lee maybe but IDK.

We'll see if SFA (or Lee) is all that.... maybe, if SFA boatraces Lee will it be confirmation bias or regional bias in general.

Do you think one game is gonna be the tell all to this and NO other matchup tp give us a good feel for analysis(SFA)?

Show me where anybody here is propping up Lee. We'll know more about Lee later, won't we?

BGW

• Haha 1

@AztecPadre what poll has Lee #1 in GA? Answer... None. Trying to pull a fast one on ole' ECHS?

PrepNation:

12. Milton (if Milton is #12, how can Colquitt not be ranked too... That was as close as it gets)

13. Lee Co. 

=======

PrepForce:

17. Milton

18. Colquitt Co.

=========

CalPreps:

14. Colquitt Co.

36. Milton

57. Lee Co.

========

MaxPreps:

19. Milton

25. Colquitt Co.

========

Massey:

40. Colquitt

41. Lee Co.

59. Milton

=====

HSFBA

20. Milton

27. Colquitt Co.

38. Blessed Trinity

43. Cedar Grove

60. Lee Co.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

@AztecPadre what poll has Lee #1 in GA? Answer... None. Trying to pull a fast one on ole' ECHS?

PrepNation:

12. Milton (if Milton is #12, how can Colquitt not be ranked too... That was as close as it gets)

13. Lee Co. 

=======

PrepForce:

17. Milton

18. Colquitt Co.

=========

CalPreps:

14. Colquitt Co.

36. Milton

57. Lee Co.

========

MaxPreps:

19. Milton

25. Colquitt Co.

========

Massey:

40. Colquitt

41. Lee Co.

59. Milton

=====

HSFBA

20. Milton

27. Colquitt Co.

38. Blessed Trinity

43. Cedar Grove

60. Lee Co.

The best poll around.  The No Nonsense Top 50.  Year in and year out, it's the best most educated poll around. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I agree with you on their being ranked so high based solely on potential.  Their schedule is beyond a joke.  Almost like a colcuts type bad.  But, I also get it, its not their fault the league punked them.  However, knowing they have a good coaching staff, I would be shocked if they were not a dominant team and able to mop the floor with Lee.  But with Lee, being ranked #1 in ga by many polls and SFA being off for so long, I would also expect to see Lee win by 21 if not more.  Otherwise black eye yet again for ga. 

Oh ho ho.... hopefully the two hours later made you wiser....

We can only hope. Coldcuts type bad? that's LDT type shit right there, I'm telling you right now.

LOL

BGW

• Haha 1

I'm with WoodChopper. I'll be there to give them the ol' eye test. 

I've already told where I thought Lee resided in the big scheme in Georgia, and it seemed like their guy basically seconded it. 

I don't think Lee within 2 scores of Colquitt. If this game on Saturday was Colquit vs. Lee, I'd give 14 points on a 100 dollar cash bet, and I'm not a gambler like that. I feel that confident though. 

Now, having cleared that up, if SFA doesn't beat Lee by 2 or more scores, I couldn't have them anywhere near the top 10 in the country. 

Of course, if they do beat Lee by 2 scores, I'm still not sure they belong top of the heap like that, but, I wouldn't try to argue about it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm with WoodChopper. I'll be there to give them the ol' eye test. 

I've already told where I thought Lee resided in the big scheme in Georgia, and it seemed like their guy basically seconded it. 

I don't think Lee within 2 scores of Colquitt. If this game on Saturday was Colquit vs. Lee, I'd give 14 points on a 100 dollar cash bet, and I'm not a gambler like that. I feel that confident though. 

Now, having cleared that up, if SFA doesn't beat Lee by 2 or more scores, I couldn't have them anywhere near the top 10 in the country. 

Of course, if they do beat Lee by 2 scores, I'm still not sure they belong top of the heap like that, but, I wouldn't try to argue about it. 

Yeah, one solid matchup regardless of outcome wouldn't have a bearing because the body of work is not there, I'll look in and if it's definitely there.. I won't argue against it. 

Doesn't mean I agree with it.

Besides dammit man, Packers were 'sposed to be there!

BGW

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yeah, one solid matchup regardless of outcome wouldn't have a bearing because the body of work is not there, I'll look in and if it's definitely there.. I won't argue against it. 

Doesn't mean I agree with it.

Besides dammit man, Packers were 'sposed to be there!

BGW

Shit the bed. 

Tried to throw when we should run and tried to run when we should throw. Carrying refs on the back the entire time. Hahahaha.

Real talk, 38 seniors. Couldn't muster 14 points. That's pretty stale when you have 2 D1 running backs... Maybe 3 D1 backs. 

The defense only gave up 14. Can't blame them at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Shit the bed. 

Tried to throw when we should run and tried to run when we should throw. Carrying refs on the back the entire time. Hahahaha.

Real talk, 38 seniors. Couldn't muster 14 points. That's pretty stale when you have 2 D1 running backs... Maybe 3 D1 backs. 

The defense only gave up 14. Can't blame them at all. 

Going away from the run, was y'alls downfall. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Well at least your QB’s didn’t connect on 4 td’s to the other team.

Yeah. There is that. xD

We only threw one int in the endzone on the very first drive. Kinda set the tone for the type of game we were in for.

That happened. 

Then, several good throws were dropped. 

The passing game was just off. 

We never really adjusted it didn't seem like. 

As fans the Packer faithful probably got spoiled in 14 and 15. Less seniors. Probably less overall talent and still went back to back. Seemed like we made great halftime adjustments and turned it up in the second half. 

This year we would get up early then sit on it. I saw games where we coulda put 70 on the board. Anyway, go conservative, seemed to be the adjustment all season. As a fan, I was ok with that even though I think you go for the jugular personally.

Well, once we got to the playoffs and our nemesis Archer, you don't get that early lead. Now what?

Same thing you did first half, that's what. Nothing different. What didn't work in the first half, we trotted right back out the second half it seemed like. If the kids aren't executing the plan in the first half, why try it again?

Idk. Easy to second guess now. Just tough to swallow as a fan. Having to go to Lee county to watch the Geico state champions bowl series is pretty sad trombone for the Hawgster. I'm enough of a hsfb fan that I'll go anyway though. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. Easy to second guess now. Just tough to swallow as a fan. Having to go to Lee county to watch the Geico state champions bowl series is pretty sad trombone for the Hawgster. I'm enough of a hsfb fan that I'll go anyway though. 

I sucked it up too and went to watch MD DLS. It was a good game and surprisigly the most high scoring of the top 5 CA bowl games.  CA teams winning with defense this year.  We’re almost like GA lol

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 4:40 PM, AztecPadre said:

The best poll around.  The No Nonsense Top 50.  Year in and year out, it's the best most educated poll around. 

Personally, I’ve always thought Jamie DeMoney’s PrepNation poll was the best individually (comp polls are better, though). He has Lee Co #13 (too high IMO) and SFA only #5 in the East Coast region. 

This game really is an unknown since both teams haven’t played anyone. 

• Like 1