Geico Bowl Games

ECHS05

30 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Taking a stab (only one I've seen is SFA one time) and going with both Centennial and SFA by more than twenty points.

Yeah Centennial will win by a lot. St Frances hasn't played real football all year so i can't see them blowing out a defensive stout team. And SFA has to take the long travel. And play against the Notorious Georgia refs. Lol. 

I see a 42-21 game for Centennial and a 24-20 type game for Lee/SFA

I second or third the other two guys. 

I figure Centennial should win by more than a td. Maybe 10 to 17ish.

I tossed the Lee/SFA game back and forth a lot for the pick em. I really wanted to go with Lee. I figure it's my South Georgia roots making me feel that way though so eventually I just decided screw it and picked SFA. I'll be happy if I'm wrong on that one, but, I went safe for to keep my percentage good.

I really have no idea what to expect from Lee/SFA. Lee looked really fast and strong on defense, but, their opposition hasn't been "all that" either. Easy to look good against teams not the same caliber. 

It could be a really close game, or, it could be a runaway for one team or the other. SFA will probably out talent them. If they've been practicing this whole time since their last game, the time off probably doesn't hurt them. They should be totally healthy with all their players fresh while Lee just finished a playoff grind. They're probably more seasoned, but also more sore and banged up. In the end talent takes it. 

• Like 1

Centennial by a lot. St Frances by good margin 

Biggest loser? Paragon/GEICO/ESPN. The matchups aren’t good this year. It is what it is.  The AZ- WA game is boring to me. Are we even sure those are the two best teams from those states? One is a little intriguing because it involve my state, but I can easily see it being lackluster to outsiders. Hell its lackluster to me without our 7A champ. Long way from BTW, Miami Central, Bingham, St Thomas Aquinas, Chandler, Colquitt types. I get part of it isn’t their fault but still, disappointing with the way things worked out  

Im recording the GEICO but I will be watching North Shore vs Duncanville. Much more intriguing 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Biggest loser? Paragon/GEICO/ESPN. The matchups aren’t good this year. It is what it is.  The AZ- WA game is boring to me. Are we even sure those are the two best teams from those states? One is a little intriguing because it involve my state, but I can easily see it being lackluster to outsiders. Hell its lackluster to me without our 7A champ. Long way from BTW, Miami Central, Bingham, St Thomas Aquinas, Chandler, Colquitt types. I get part of it isn’t their fault but still, disappointing with the way things worked out  

Im recording the GEICO but I will be watching North Shore vs Duncanville. Much more intriguing 

I agree that Lee SF is not nearly as appealing as CC SF ( even with CC's loss ) but if Lee wins this game or even plays SF straight up... it will be a huge bump for GA. football.

5 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Pretty sure Centennial and Eastside are the unanimous #1’s in each of those states (at least according to the local/state media who I trust know the teams better than guys who pretend to have tons of knowledge of all 50 states). 

Just because they aren’t the sexy brand names you recognize, doesn’t mean it isnt high quality football. STA, Colquitt, Bingham, Central.....none of them won a state title, so they don’t DESERVE to play in these games this year!!!

This better for you @BUFORDGAWOLVES??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StingMan44 said:

Pretty sure Centennial and Eastside are the unanimous #1’s in each of those states (at least according to the local/state media who I trust know the teams better than guys who pretend to have tons of knowledge of all 50 states). 

Except that the Wolves would smoke your Coyotes. You better hope they smoke E'side Cath. as bad as Jokes Chr. beat them. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Except that the Wolves would smoke your Coyotes. You better hope they smoke E'side Cath. as bad as Jokes Chr. beat them. 

Yep, all the local media that saw both teams play in person numerous times are incorrect and some guy who has never even been to the state of Arizona knows better. LMFAO!!!

2 hours ago, Guccifer said:

This is so corny.

There are 1,000 teams that would've qualified for this event had they gotten to play Notre Dame Prep.

Is the event called the Geico State Runners-Up Bowl Series? No, meaning you have to meet certain criteria to be eligible. For that reason, those name brand teams don’t qualify. It’s really not that hard to understand, at least it shouldn’t be!!

7 minutes ago, StingMan44 said:

Yep, all the local media that saw both teams play in person numerous times are incorrect and some guy who has never even been to the state of Arizona knows better. LMFAO!!!

Most local media don't know squat.

Why do people automatically assume that a bunch of journalism majors somehow know about high school football merely because they watch the same teams every week?

A grandmother does that too. Doesn't mean she knows anything.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, StingMan44 said:

Is the event called the Geico State Runners-Up Bowl Series? No, meaning you have to meet certain criteria to be eligible. For that reason, those name brand teams don’t qualify. It’s really not that hard to understand, at least it shouldn’t be!!

You edited your post and this is what you came up with?

Pitiful.

So it has nothing to do with deserving which is what you said earlier. It has to do with who has the path of least resistance.

It's no coincidence that these are the 4 participants this year. They played the weakest competition. All of the teams that played tough or somewhat tough competition got upset.

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

You better hope they smoke E'side Cath. as bad as Jokes Chr. beat them. 

Why?  When Oaks played Eastside there were several differences at play-Oaks was playing in their third game while Eastside was playing their season opener, Eastside had youth all over the field in that game (their top recruits are mostly in the junior class or lower; quarterback isn't a top recruit but was starting his first game and had arguably his worst game of the year against Oaks), and Eastside was playing a long-distance road game (this is one detail that isn't changing).  An early season game against a completely different opponent has zero relevance to what will happen tomorrow night.

I do expect Centennial to win tomorrow night, but not because of dumb, unsophisticated logic like "E'side lost to Jokes"-from what I've seen of Eastside they are a very talented team that still let's their youth show rather frequently and overall does not play a "smart" brand of football (a good number of unnecessary penalties).  They have a tendency to rely heavily on their athleticism to bail them out of situations on offense because of their quarterback's continued erratic play (i.e. I've noticed a lot of 3rd and long calls where they hand the ball off to one of their backs to rip off a big gain for the first down).  All of that said, they probably have the edge on Centennial in terms of pure, top-end talent; if that talent shows through and puts together a complete, clean game (which from what I've seen they have yet to do this season) they're going to give Centennial some fits.

I can understand this not being the matchup people imagined, but this is one of the last few games we'll have all season.  Instead of the elitest bullshit most pull on here towards Centennial this is the perfect time for people to actually catch-up on who this team is (NOT with highlights) and make an effort to finally know what you're talking about when it comes to Arizona football.  

20 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah Centennial will win by a lot. St Frances hasn't played real football all year so i can't see them blowing out a defensive stout team. And SFA has to take the long travel. And play against the Notorious Georgia refs. Lol. 

I see a 42-21 game for Centennial and a 24-20 type game for Lee/SFA

That is the only way I can see SFA not winning by 4 Td's.

• Haha 1