Geico Bowl Games

ECHS05

8 minutes ago, Dbynum79 said:

We never claimed the title of #1 in the state. Lee is still building and we hope to be as successful as the power house 7a’s like Colquitt, Milton, Archer, and Hillgrove. We are proud to have been asked to play in the Geico bowl and we hope to represent GA well. I guess I just don’t understand why everyone is being so harsh on Lee. This wasn’t something that we chased after, it was offered and we accepted. What South GA team wouldn’t accept. Down South Georgia Boys don’t back down from any fight. We do appreciate your support though....... As far as the rankings go, you can have em, we’ll just play ball. 

Don't listen to a lot of what is said here lol.  A lot of the back and forth Jabbing stems from old arguments that have never died.    Lee had a great season!  People tend to be harsh in critiquing teams on this forum so don't sweat it!   Hope you give SFA hell.  They were loaded last year and they are an enigma this year.  

Stick around!

• Thanks 1

To be fair nobody from Lee has been trying to tout the Trojans as the greatest thing since sliced bread...  

It's mostly the outsiders looking in trying to push them up so IF Lee loses they can have something to bitch at us about... 

But I find it funny... 

The same crew that always has something to say also gets the biggest case of hushmouth when their expectations get subverted.... 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dbynum79 said:

We never claimed the title of #1 in the state. Lee is still building and we hope to be as successful as the power house 7a’s like Colquitt, Milton, Archer, and Hillgrove. We are proud to have been asked to play in the Geico bowl and we hope to represent GA well. I guess I just don’t understand why everyone is being so harsh on Lee. This wasn’t something that we chased after, it was offered and we accepted. What South GA team wouldn’t accept. Down South Georgia Boys don’t back down from any fight. We do appreciate your support though....... As far as the rankings go, you can have em, we’ll just play ball. 

Good luck to your Trojans. Hope you guys kill it.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dbynum79 said:

Let me add to my last post...

Valdostas fumble-ridden performance left a bad taste in the GA guys mouths. We are hoping Lee goes out and makes up for that.

Lees defense has looked great, theyll be really put to the test on the 22nd.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Let me add to my last post...

Valdostas fumble-ridden performance left a bad taste in the GA guys mouths. We are hoping Lee goes out and makes up for that.

Lees defense has looked great, theyll be really put to the test on the 22nd.

Yeah, our defense has been solid, we have a lot of work to do on the offensive side of the ball. Our boys are excited about the challenge. Our defense really wants to see if they are good enough to hang with serious teams. They don’t have big heads and we remember when Archer and Colquitt put us in our place a few years back. We live by Stay Hungry and Stay Humble at Lee now..... no more chain gang incidents needed 😂😂😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dbynum79 said:

Nobody is trying to be harsh on Lee really. 

Trying to shut off the bullshit that you'll read here in the near future if the game doesn't go well for them. 

These cats on here have a hard on for Georgia and it's become quite the sport for some of them to create these scenarios that are intended to "tear down the state as a whole" riding on the back of a single game or two.

Pretty childish right? 

Hang around and you'll see. 

Anyway, Go Lee Go! 

I'm coming for this one, even though my heart isn't in it. I'm down to see Lee live at least once before this special senior class is gone. 

I'm surprised you haven't been quoted and berated with bullshit about how teams down here duck competition and all seeing as to how you posted that south Georgia boys and teams wouldn't back down from anyone. 

Good luck to your boys next weekend. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nobody is trying to be harsh on Lee really. 

Trying to shut off the bullshit that you'll read here in the near future if the game doesn't go well for them. 

These cats on here have a hard on for Georgia and it's become quite the sport for some of them to create these scenarios that are intended to "tear down the state as a whole" riding on the back of a single game or two.

Pretty childish right? 

Hang around and you'll see. 

Anyway, Go Lee Go! 

I'm coming for this one, even though my heart isn't in it. I'm down to see Lee live at least once before this special senior class is gone. 

I'm surprised you haven't been quoted and berated with bullshit about how teams down here duck competition and all seeing as to how you posted that south Georgia boys and teams wouldn't back down from anyone. 

Good luck to your boys next weekend. 

Again wish I could go... 

But there's just no way I'm driving 3 1/2 to 4 hours there and then back... 

And then have to catch a flight to Long Beach... 

It just ain't happening.... 

11 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Again wish I could go... 

But there's just no way I'm driving 3 1/2 to 4 hours there and then back... 

And then have to catch a flight to Long Beach... 

It just ain't happening.... 

Bro... If you can make it to Tifton, I'll drive up and we can car pool from there so you can sleep or rest or whatever. 

We can go see what is up with this SFA team and Lee.

Catch the Pretoria Fields tap room before or after or before and after along the way. xD

First round on me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Bro... If you can make it to Tifton, I'll drive up and we can car pool from there so you can sleep or rest or whatever. 

Catch the Pretoria Fields tap room before or after or before and after along the way. xD

First round on me. 

Unfortunately I don't think drinking would be in my best interest at the moment... 

And thanks for the offer but I'ma stick with my plans I'll have to watch it on TV... 

On 12/15/2018 at 10:26 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

First round on me. 

Well all the SFA crew think they're gonna wipe the floor with Lee.  

21 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

They only played one team from the DMV...might be ten teams in the DMV better than them for all we know...would be a "black eye" for Canada though...lol.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:46 AM, Popzilla said:

SF won their league by forfeit...and are by a large margin top team in MD.

Not according to Biff

2 hours ago, WCACguy said:

They only played one team from the DMV...might be ten teams in the DMV better than them for all we know...would be a "black eye" for Canada though...lol.

Come on thats nonsense.

13-7 over SJP AT ALL... much less through 5/8ths of a game is quite a bit of vindication.

17 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Come on thats nonsense.

13-7 over SJP AT ALL... much less through 5/8ths of a game is quite a bit of vindication.

I know SFA has a lot of talent and should win easily. And it could be a blowout. Lee is a pretty good team but (like SFA) have played nobody. SFA is a team with a head coach paying full tuition for half the players, housing a large number in a coach-owned apartment building, a school with no academic standards (admittance or eligibility) and averages 20-25 "transfers" a year. All private schools recruit but SFA is setting records for "stealing" players from other schools. And make no mistake, if SFA can win by 70 they will...they are going for the MNC after all.

19 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

I know SFA has a lot of talent and should win easily. And it could be a blowout. Lee is a pretty good team but (like SFA) have played nobody. SFA is a team with a head coach paying full tuition for half the players, housing a large number in a coach-owned apartment building, a school with no academic standards (admittance or eligibility) and averages 20-25 "transfers" a year. All private schools recruit but SFA is setting records for "stealing" players from other schools. And make no mistake, if SFA can win by 70 they will...they are going for the MNC after all.

I did not realize if was first opened as a school for black girls in 1828.  Very cool of them to have setup a school like that.  Just read up on them and their mission is to be a school for the low income brothers and sisters, immigrants and poor.  Tuition is also very cheap compared to most top private school powerhouses.  Under 10k a year. They been around forever!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I did not realize if was first opened as a school for black girls in 1828.  Very cool of them to have setup a school like that.  Just read up on them and their mission is to be a school for the low income brothers and sisters, immigrants and poor.  Tuition is also very cheap compared to most top private school powerhouses.  Under 10k a year. They been around forever!

The school definitely fills a need in the community...the football team was the worst in the nation 7/8 yeas ago and in 3/4 years became one of the best. The way it was done bothered a lot of people (including myself) and caused serious problems for the MIAA which resulted in them having the schedule they had this year. They will have a much better independent national schedule next year but I don't think they can be ranked in the top 10 based on who they played this year. Not saying they couldn't be one of the best but you have to prove it on the field. I only saw them play one time this year and I thought the defense was great but the offense not as good. Their stud QB left in August to return to Richmond and they were stuck starting a freshman who is ok but not special. And they graduated the best wr/returner from last year. I suspect Lee will have great difficulty scoring points against SFA. The question is will SFA score 14 or 50...my guess is it won't be real close (unless the refs get involved 😜). Would be a much better game if CC was playing.  

3 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

The school definitely fills a need in the community...the football team was the worst in the nation 7/8 yeas ago and in 3/4 years became one of the best. The way it was done bothered a lot of people (including myself) and caused serious problems for the MIAA which resulted in them having the schedule they had this year. They will have a much better independent national schedule next year but I don't think they can be ranked in the top 10 based on who they played this year. Not saying they couldn't be one of the best but you have to prove it on the field. I only saw them play one time this year and I thought the defense was great but the offense not as good. Their stud QB left in August to return to Richmond and they were stuck starting a freshman who is ok but not special. And they graduated the best wr/returner from last year. I suspect Lee will have great difficulty scoring points against SFA. The question is will SFA score 14 or 50...my guess is it won't be real close (unless the refs get involved 😜). Would be a much better game if CC was playing.  

I agree with you on their being ranked so high based solely on potential.  Their schedule is beyond a joke.  Almost like a colcuts type bad.  But, I also get it, its not their fault the league punked them.  However, knowing they have a good coaching staff, I would be shocked if they were not a dominant team and able to mop the floor with Lee.  But with Lee, being ranked #1 in ga by many polls and SFA being off for so long, I would also expect to see Lee win by 21 if not more.  Otherwise black eye yet again for ga. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I agree with you on their being ranked so high based solely on potential.  Their schedule is beyond a joke.  Almost like a colcuts type bad.  But, I also get it, its not their fault the league punked them.  However, knowing they have a good coaching staff, I would be shocked if they were not a dominant team and able to mop the floor with Lee.  But with Lee, being ranked #1 in ga by many polls and SFA being off for so long, I would also expect to see Lee win by 21 if not more.  Otherwise black eye yet again for ga. 

Plus the way they operate they may have already added several more studs since the season ended...😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

SFA was off just as long when they blasted Bingham 41-3.

Just stop with Lee being #1 in GA. Nonsense.

SFA being a top 10 team should C-r-u-s-h Lee. SHOULD.