Geico Bowl Games

ECHS05

On 12/13/2018 at 8:31 PM, StingMan44 said:

QUICK CENTENNIAL OVERVIEW

Led by Coach Richard Taylor, who is the only head coach in Centennial history (school opened in 1990).

This year, Centennial had 17 guys named first team all region and another 7 guys 2nd team (region only has 6 teams)

They had 8 guys named first team all conference (5A with about 45 teams)

The AzFCA (Arizona Football Coaches Association) Big 25 Team was announced today which includes all teams in the state. They had 5 of the 25 (names listed below).

RB Tawee Walker (5’10, 200 lb. Sr.), C Carson Keltner (6’2, 285 lb. Sr), DE Connor Knudsen (5’11, 225 lb. Sr), MLB Dylan Wampler (6’1, 220 lb. Sr) and SS Jaydin Young (5’11, 170 lb. Jr)  

Jaydin Young was named Friday Night Fever (AZ HS football TV show) State Defensive Player of the Year (BTW, Jaydin is a junior and his brother Dedrick just finished his career this year at Nebraska as the 5th All Time Leading Tackler in Nebraska Cornhusker history)

Dylan Wampler was named State Defensive Player of the Year by the Arizona Cardinals

DEFENSIVELY

Base 4-3 team but will play some 3-4 or 4-2-5 at times. 

They’ve given up 85 points in their 14 games (6.1 PPG). On the year they gave up 138 yards passing and 65 yards rushing per game (2.98 yards per carry). No team has averaged more than 3.8 yards per carry in any one game. 

66 sacks on the year, led by 18.5 from Connor Knudsen. 18 Interceptions with just 8 passing TD’s allowed.

Just a refresher for tonight’s game. Other Centennial players to watch include CB Kieran Clark (6’0, 185 lb Nevada commit), WR/LB/DB/PR/P AJ Jackson (6’1, 185); and their two future D1 sophomore OT’s Oscar Abundis (6’6, 315) and Caiden Miles (6’4, 275).

1 hour ago, StingMan44 said:

Pretty sure Guccifer is Goldmember’s other handle. They spout the same garbage/verbage.

Of course it is.  History lesson:

Canesxxx / los Hurricanés / Carlos Danger / LOSer / Guccifer / Goldmember

All the same guy.

The xxx were actually numeric digits but I can’t remember what they were.

And I shit you not - Carlos Danger.

There may be one more somewhere, but this should get you started.

On 12/22/2018 at 4:06 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Lee's training facility overlooks the stadium with a full glass wall 20181222_190033.thumb.jpg.fe17a1731917c797da91661f6b78a747.jpg

Panthers in the house!

20181222_185954.thumb.jpg.a28029df92848eac100ed59177b71a14.jpg

But, it's the Trojan's house!

20181222_190457.thumb.jpg.cc3ad69321d9771a336a964ce3c8566e.jpg

20181222_190003.jpg

Looks like they had a nice setup.  Lee has some nice facilities.  Again, my only complaint is the refs.,  Paragon/ESPN should continue having the games in towns with big HSFB atmosphere and facilities.  Just from now on, bring in neutral refs.  Don't the refs get they are fucking over kids?  Ugh.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Looks like they had a nice setup.  Lee has some nice facilities.  Again, my only complaint is the refs.,  Paragon/ESPN should continue having the games in towns with big HSFB atmosphere and facilities.  Just from now on, bring in neutral refs.  Don't the refs get they are fucking over kids?  Ugh.  

I think that playing at one of the home facilities like they did this time allows it to feel like a hsfb game. Playing in huge 80k seat facilites where they're so far away that maybe 500 fans travel with the team just looks kinda sad. 

They were very reasonable on the price. Maybe they could have charged a little more. Around 8 to 10 bucks. Then they coulda paid some real refs. Idk hahaha. 

I guess they know what they're doing on the price point and all.