Justin fields transferring from UGA

HSFBfan

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I figured when he went there he would want to compete with the best. If he wanted the easier route which is fine UGA was not it. 

He is correcting a bad business move he made by going there.  I said this when he first committed.  Why go to UGA where Fromm is entrenched in the starting position.  JF is good enough to start as a true freshman at a power 5.  He knows he needs more than 1 year of being the starting QB, to be ready for the NFL.  Now he will move elsewhere and get 3 years, maybe 2.  It cost him one year, but lesson learned. As a matter of fact I think I went back and forth with ECHS about this, if I remember right.  He took the side of being a competitor and try and beat out Fromm and I took the business side and said do the smart thing and go somewhere where the freshman QB did not just take his team to the NC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

He is correcting a bad business move he made by going there.  I said this when he first committed.  Why go to UGA where Fromm is entrenched in the starting position.  JF is good enough to start as a true freshman at a power 5.  He knows he needs more than 1 year of being the starting QB, to be ready for the NFL.  Now he will move elsewhere and get 3 years, maybe 2.  It cost him one year, but lesson learned. As a matter of fact I think I went back and forth with ECHS about this, if I remember right.  He took the side of being a competitor and try and beat out Fromm and I took the business side and said do the smart thing and go somewhere where the freshman QB did not just take his team to the NC.

Good point but 3 5* QBs at geoegia didnt make it to their junior season now. That's not a good look by smart. Hes selling the goods that he cant live up to.  Yes kids transfer all the time but this not a good pattern. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

You wouldn't take JF over Burrow? Lol come on now. 

No. I dont like QBs that like to rely on their legs. One of the main reasons I like tua over jalen. I'm sure fields can sling it but from what I've reas about him he likes to take off and run as well. I'm not looking for that in a qb. 

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

That is totally where I could see him going.  i would say top of the list.  With Murray going to pro baseball, he could step right in and start.  He will be playing in 2019 for a power 5 team.  No doubt. 

Yep. Go to the easiest conference with no defense and put up big numbers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I just found it.  Pretty stupid of him and very ignorant.  Glad he got kicked off the team and our of UGA.  Hope he learned a real good lesson there.  

Maybe maybe not. Hes allowed his opinion. Georgia dealt with him as they saw fit. Now the kid moves on to another institution. Dumb move on kid part but learn his lesson well never know

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Maybe maybe not. Hes allowed his opinion. Georgia dealt with him as they saw fit. Now the kid moves on to another institution. Dumb move on kid part but learn his lesson well never know

He's allowed his opinion yes. But to say what he said is not an opinion. Just flat out racist and ignorant. Whether he learned from it? Who knows.

Just now, AztecPadre said:

He's allowed his opinion yes. But to say what he said is not an opinion. Just flat out racist and ignorant. Whether he learned from it? Who knows.

Yes and I dont want to get into it as it is not worth it but in America your allowed to be a racist and ignorant. One of the many perks of this country. Do I condone it no and like me and you said well never know whether he learned from it or not

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes and I dont want to get into it as it is not worth it but in America your allowed to be a racist and ignorant. One of the many perks of this country. Do I condone it no and like me and you said well never know whether he learned from it or not

You are totally allowed.  However, when a school is giving you a free education, you are representing them and his team and in this country the school and team also have the right to tell him to go kick rocks.  

• Like 1

Just now, AztecPadre said:

You are totally allowed.  However, when a school is giving you a free education, you are representing them and his team and in this country the school and team also have the right to tell him to go kick rocks.  

I agree. And I agree that Georgia did what they had to do for their institution. Cant agree with you more 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Good point but 3 5* QBs at geoegia didnt make it to their junior season now. That's not a good look by smart. Hes selling the goods that he cant live up to.  Yes kids transfer all the time but this not a good pattern. 

He signed Eason... Who was beat out by Fromm... And they had Fields coming in so naturally Eason left.

And Fields is here and cant beat out Fromm.

Whos the other? Pretty sure there isnt another unless they mean Fromm.

How is that not a good look for Smart?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

He signed Eason... Who was beat out by Fromm... And they had Fields coming in so naturally Eason left.

And Fields is here and cant beat out Fromm.

Whos the other? Pretty sure there isnt another unless they mean Fromm.

How is that not a good look for Smart?

Every report that I have read says that there was 3 5* QBs that have not made it to their junior year. 

So eason didnt want to compete either for the job so he left. Now fields doesnt want to compete so he leaves. 

How is that a good culture to have.