Justin fields transferring from UGA

HSFBfan

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hope he don't swing and miss for the second time. Hahaha

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I think Oklahoma would have been better but his choice. Good luck. 

Fields is a damn good QB... 

I believe he could beat out Martell if he played his absolute best... 

But Martell has head start on him... .he already knows the ins and outs of the system at OSU.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

But Martell has head start on him... .he already knows the ins and outs of the system at OSU.

That last sentence is why you have to somewhat question the decision

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Martell will be carrying Fields helmet and shoulder pads by end of Spring ball.  

Martell is exactly like PSU's McSorley - big time gamer that wont win the big game.

Urban Meyer is gone and so will the tendency to go for guys like Martell as a starter with Day taking over. He's a QB guy.

Fields is almost exactly the same size as Haskins, has a great arm (maybe not quite Haskins-level) but is a very good runner also (whereas Haskins was ... "adequate"?).

I would not be surprised to see Martell and Fields split time early but Fields has more upside I think as a dual-threat kid with 4" of height advantage.

9 minutes ago, concha said:

Urban Meyer is gone and so will the tendency to go for guys like Martell as a starter with Day taking over. He's a QB guy.

Fields is almost exactly the same size as Haskins, has a great arm (maybe not quite Haskins-level) but is a very good runner also (whereas Haskins was ... "adequate"?).

I would not be surprised to see Martell and Fields split time early but Fields has more upside I think as a dual-threat kid with 4" of height advantage.

I think this competition will be good for tOSU 😀

4 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

So I'm guessing you consider the Spring game the big game?

to actually answer your attempt at humor - NO, Spring game is not a big game UNLESS you are unveiling a new coach, new offense, new defense, new etc.....  if you know what I mean.  Big game would be subjective.

if you read a bit slower I'm saying Martell wont win the big games in the Big 10.  By the end of Spring ball there will be a clear separation between the two IF Fields indeed goes there.

22 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

to actually answer your attempt at humor - NO, Spring game is not a big game UNLESS you are unveiling a new coach, new offense, new defense, new etc.....  if you know what I mean.  Big game would be subjective.

if you read a bit slower I'm saying Martell wont win the big games in the Big 10.  By the end of Spring ball there will be a clear separation between the two IF Fields indeed goes there.

Was just curious why you say Martell won't win the big game. At this point I have no idea if he will/would or won't. In high school he sure had the Flutie/Manziel/Mayfield/Murray look. Of course, that doesn't always translate to success at the highest levels of college football.

Without having seen him play meaningful snaps at OSU, though, what makes you think he won't win the big game?

• Like 1

Fields hasn’t even been cleared yet and everyone is giving him the qb1 nod. 

I, for one, would like to see Tate get a shot. He’s been patient and didn’t transfer after he lost the competition to Haskins.... most in this day and age would of transferred out..... esp someone who had as much success as Tate did in HS. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

I, for one, would like to see Tate get a shot. He’s been patient and didn’t transfer after he lost the competition to Haskins.... most in this day and age would of transferred out..... esp someone who had as much success as Tate did in HS. 

Agree. Fields is less of a man than Martell if we are grading on integrity and commitment. 

Chances are, Fields will have to sit next season anyway. 

13 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Idk... Tate hasnt shown anything on the collegiate level though.

Hes definitely not as skilled as Fields.

All Martell has is experience in the system on his side so we'll see.

15 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Was just curious why you say Martell won't win the big game. At this point I have no idea if he will/would or won't. In high school he sure had the Flutie/Manziel/Mayfield/Murray look. Of course, that doesn't always translate to success at the highest levels of college football.

Without having seen him play meaningful snaps at OSU, though, what makes you think he won't win the big game?

Martell always had a shitload more talent surrounding him than every other team also. His arm isnt elite. I dont see him beating out Fields... Of course Fields is probably going to have to sit a year... Which makes the transfer an idiotic move on his part anyway.

Ive been wrong before though, just not usually, eh?

Hes going to use that BS racism argument... But if the NCAA grants this hardship waiver to Fields... The flood gates will open and sitting out a year will be a thing of the past because its a ridiculous excuse that almost anyone can use. 

Yesterday GA lost

QB Justin Fields - Transfer to Ohio St. (The 2nd 5* that couldn't beat out Fromm & transferred from UGA)

WR Riley Ridley -  Georgias leading receiver is leaving early for the NFL

TE Isaac Nauta - The only guy that really shouldve left early, hell be a high level draft pick.

WR Mecole Hardman - loved him as a return man & very fast WR... But he really couldve used another year at UGA

RB Elijah Holyfield - eh... Shouldve returned but I get being a RB & leaving early

----

Obviously we are also losing CB Deandre Baker, the Jim Thorpe winner, who most likely will be a Top 10 Draft pick.

C Lamont Gaillard... Who will likely be the 1st Center chosen.

WR Terry Godwin... I liked the kid but thank god hes done because his mom was a terror on Twitter... He'll he a solid 4th-5th round guy.

DE Jonathan Ledbetter will get drafted in the 3rd to 5th round maybe better.

OLB D'Andre Walker will likely be a 2nd or 3rd round guy.

ILB Natrez Patrick MIGHT get drafted... 5th to 7th round guy if at all. He played much better last season.

OLB Juwan Taylor may sign as an UDFA.

OG Kendall Baker may also sign as an UDFA... Or hell, he may get drafted in the late rounds.

Thats about it. Theres WRs Ahkil Crumpton & Jayson Stanley but idk what theyll do. And TE Jackson Harris... He may sign an UDFA contract.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Yesterday GA lost

QB Justin Fields - Transfer to Ohio St. (The 2nd 5* that couldn't beat out Fromm & transferred from UGA)

WR Riley Ridley -  Georgias leading receiver is leaving early for the NFL

TE Isaac Nauta - The only guy that really shouldve left early, hell be a high level draft pick.

WR Mecole Hardman - loved him as a return man & very fast WR... But he really couldve used another year at UGA

RB Elijah Holyfield - eh... Shouldve returned but I get being a RB & leaving early

Also lost another TE Ford to transfer to Illinois. 

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Idk... Tate hasnt shown anything on the collegiate level though.

Hes definitely not as skilled as Fields.

All Martell has is experience in the system on his side so we'll see.

Tate played pretty well in mop up duty. He had a 10-10 passing day albeit vs Rutgers and a long td run. But Some of the throws were in tight passing windows. 

Tate isn’t just going to roll over for Fields.... Fields  camp is underestimating martell’s skills imo. Tate has wheels ..... 

Long term I think fields better qb prospect but Tate has been in the system. Has better repoire with WRs and guys in the locker room. That stuff matters .... 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Swift not being 100% the first half year or so gave him more opportunity. And he took advantage of it and played well... time for him to go. 

He was 4th string last year behind Michel, Chubb, and swift. So another guy that could of transferred out but stuck it out for the better .... 

30 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I thought he would have better collegiate career .... but it’s prob time to go. 

Nauta was our 2nd leading receiver this season. He played well. 

I keep wishing he was a tad faster... Although for a TE he is. And I say that because Georgia was up 28-14 over Bama, and Fromm found Nauta over the top of the LBs, and Nauta had a huge gain... He was ahead of most everyone, and he got to about Bamas 20 before he had to slow down to avoid the safety whod come over from the other side of the field, and it allowed the guy behind him to catch em... 

God if he would've scored that game was over & Georgia would be where Bama is. Unfortunately Georgia was forced to kick a FG & somehow Blankenship missed... That would've made it 31-14 later in the 3rd and the game wouldve felt much more in hand... Instead that gave Bama life and I just KNEW something was about to happen.

What’s the odds that Fields isn’t as good as advertised, or has some other issues swirling around him?

I have no idea, just wondering.

After seeing Fromm play several times this year, if Fields is this generational talent, as some suggest, how in the hell could he not beat Fromm out of a job?

Or was Kirby Smart too stubborn to make a change and play a freshman.

Hard to believe if he’s half as good as advertised, Smart let him leave so easily, and not let him see the field more.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, FloTex said:

What’s the odds that Fields isn’t as good as advertised, or has some other issues swirling around him?

I have no idea, just wondering.

After seeing Fromm play several times this year, if Fields is this generational talent, as some suggest, how in the hell could he not beat Fromm out of a job?

Or was Kirby Smart too stubborn to make a change and play a freshman.

Hard to believe if he’s half as good as advertised, Smart let him leave so easily, and not let him see the field more.

Well you don’t follow football apparently cause How the fuck u want fields to beat out fromm who just brought them to the national championship the previous year

STOOOPID

• Haha 2