Public and Privates don’t play by the same rules...

Eddyr2

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

Whatever “advantage” public’s have is easily offset by the fact that private schools can take players from wherever, provided they are able to satisfy academic, behavioral, attendance requirements etc.  In So Cal the disparity continues to grow as even the tier two privates (Grace Brethren, Sierra Canyon, Narbonne, Cathedral) are moving up.  The “transference” phenomenon has acted like a turbocharger and is benefitting privates even more so than public’s.  So forgive the public school supporters that fail to see the advantage you speak of.

I’m not oblivious to privates advantages (although I think CIF has leveled thenolaying field a bit in that regard with the recent relaxation of transfer rules)

just needed to toot my 2 cents 

btw, didn’t realize Narbonne was private — thought it was a LBP/ Crenshaw sort that just has been THE magnet school for SJB rejects 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I chuckle when I read threads on this topic. And it gives me a deeper appreciation for teams like MC, who thrive on playing power privates in order to get better as a team and program. 

Since 2013, MC has played CG, SJC, STA, BG, IMG, DMC, AHP AND DBP. Their record is 5-3 in these games. 

Instead of complaining and avoiding, other nationally relevant publics should follow MCs lead. Their formula works. Other than Cen10, what other power publics come close to MC in this respect? The more the better going fwd.  

You're welcome, @MC Rockets 

Much appreciated!

I chuckle when I read threads on this topic. And it gives me a deeper appreciation for teams like MC, who thrive on playing power privates in order to get better as a team and program. 

Since 2013, MC has played CG, SJC, STA, BG, IMG, DMC, AHP AND DBP. Their record is 5-3 in these games. 

Instead of complaining and avoiding, other nationally relevant publics should follow MCs lead. Their formula works. Other than Cen10, what other power publics come close to MC in this respect? The more the better going fwd.  

You're welcome, @MC Rockets 

U should tell @FloTex that .. he thinks texAs is on such a difference in level that if they play an OOS game it makes no sense because every team in Texas is 100 times better than every team outside texas

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

U should tell @FloTex that .. he thinks texAs is on such a difference in level that if they play an OOS game it makes no sense because every team in Texas is 100 times better than every team outside texas

In the grand scheme, FloTex is right. The oos games don't make any difference in helping win a Texas state championship. 

They actually cause kids to act a fool like that Bru kid. Head blowed up so big he's gotta turn sideways to go through a standard door. xD

• Haha 1

Nope. We already knew that TX was for real OOS-wise when ET beat DLS a few years back. And if TX wins this game in 2019, it'll serve as even more concrete proof. 

But they're gonna need to stockpile some more quality wins to offset the recent IMG, Liberty and BG losses. 

I disagree with this mindset.

I already thought Texas was for real before the ET/DLS game but an isolated game is nothing more than a snapshot in time.  A game here and a game there proves nothing about the overall strength of a state, only that Team A was able to beat Team B on that day.

I don’t think you can or should extrapolate one or two games per season to encompass an entire state, especially since these games rarely happen when both teams are “up.”

Until we get a statistically significant sample size, based on a large number of games on a yearly basis over a substantial amount of time we’re doomed to play the “he said, she said game.”

I don’t think this is ever going to happen.

Couple this with the understandable fact that Texas and Georgia will rarely travel very far, which gives them a built in advantage in most of their OOS games, and we’re left with finger pointing and what ifs.

I enjoy the OOS games between big dogs, but when they’re over they’re over.  They say little to nothing about the overall strength of the states that were involved.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nope. We already knew that TX was for real OOS-wise when ET beat DLS a few years back. And if TX wins this game in 2019, it'll serve as even more concrete proof. 

But they're gonna need to stockpile some more quality wins to offset the recent IMG, Liberty and BG losses. 

Why would TX need to offset losses from TX non top teams?  Your logic is faulty and unrealistic with desoto,westlake and cedar hill losing to those schools, especially in the backdrop of who those Texas teams lost to instate.  I’ve laid that out already.

losses will happen, stop acting as if Texas can’t lose bc the rest of the damn country sure as hell is.  Silly 

9 hours ago, Wosinc said:

Really?  Another one-game-defines-a-state contest?

9 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Yes especially when those games are played at Texas and Georgia and even giving them that home field advantage they can’t take advantage  of it yea those games count 

#OOSLivesMatter

The only reason LDT confirms to this logic is because NJ is as shallow as a kiddie pool.... 

Unfortunately my favorite NJ program took a Nose dive.... DBP.... 

And Now theres only 3 relevant programs in NJ....soon to be 2 because one of the 3 is gonna fall off soon.... 

And there's no one in the state of NJ worthwhile in terms of competition outside of The BNU.... 

So yeah NJ is hurt by this.... 

And he applies that to NJ.... 

He also tried to apply it to GA,TX,FL,OH and CA.... 

But it doesn't work because we have depth.... 

Plain and simple LDT you need to stay in the 2ft end of the pool and out of the 8ft end.... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The only reason LDT confirms to this logic is because NJ is as shallow as a kiddie pool.... 

Unfortunately my favorite NJ program took a Nose dive.... DBP.... 

And Now theres only 3 relevant programs in NJ....soon to be 2 because one of the 3 is gonna fall off soon.... 

And there's no one in the state of NJ worthwhile in terms of competition outside of The BNU.... 

So yeah NJ is hurt by this.... 

And he applies that to NJ.... 

He also tried to apply it to GA,TX,FL,OH and CA.... 

But it doesn't work because we have depth.... 

Plain and simple LDT you need to stay in the 2ft end of the pool and out of the 8ft end.... 

Thing is we know everyone outside the BNU is terrible..... we admit it,, unlike u who have to sandbag the shit out of Mcceachern and Thomasville to make them not look like some joke of a team y’all schedule 

1 hour ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Thing is we know everyone outside the BNU is terrible..... we admit it,, unlike u who have to sandbag the shit out of Mcceachern and Thomasville to make them not look like some joke of a team y’all schedule 

Allow me to correct you.... 

None of us propped up Thomasville.... 

Thomasville however is a good in state 2A team we never once said they where world beaters or anything of the such... 

ECHS hasn't.... 

Hawg hasn't .. 

I haven't 

No one has.... 

This is merely a lie created by you.... 

We never propped up Mceachern either.... 

Mceachern however is a good in state 7A team... 

We never propped them up to be world beaters or anything of the such.... 

Hell we've never even propped Mceachern up to be an  Atlanta metro beater.... 

That's all.... 

Now if we're being accurate.... 

You're the one whose propping up NJ to be more than what it is.... 

10 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Allow me to correct you.... 

None of us propped up Thomasville.... 

Thomasville however is a good in state 2A team we never once said they where world beaters or anything of the such... 

ECHS hasn't.... 

Hawg hasn't .. 

I haven't 

No one has.... 

This is merely a lie created by you.... 

We never propped up Mceachern either.... 

Mceachern however is a good in state 7A team... 

We never propped them up to be world beaters or anything of the such.... 

Hell we've never even propped Mceachern up to be an  Atlanta metro beater.... 

That's all.... 

Now if we're being accurate.... 

You're the one whose propping up NJ to be more than what it is.... 

CA61FAEC-D5FC-407D-9A45-7EB8DE388DF6.jpeg

Just saying to be the best, you need to lose less than the other power states. I realize CA and FL got a head start on TX. Time will tell. #september6

prior to this season what state powers beat IMG, CA, FLA?  What was CA record with BG prior to last season, you know CA was 0-9 vs BG prior to last season.  

The same season BG boatraced Chill, they went into Cali and beat eventual state champ SJB by 14. 

If you’re going to make a judgement make sure you’re evaluating vs the same opponent. 

54 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

prior to this season what state powers beat IMG, CA, FLA?  What was CA record with BG prior to last season, you know CA was 0-9 vs BG prior to last season.  

The same season BG boatraced Chill, they went into Cali and beat eventual state champ SJB by 14. 

If you’re going to make a judgement make sure you’re evaluating vs the same opponent. 

DLS did beat the Bishop, so it’s st least 1. And I know years back some other Cali team have beaten them. But that was not the same Bishop so nothing to beat anyone’s chest about those wins.

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

DLS did beat the Bishop, so it’s st least 1. And I know years back some other Cali team have beaten them. But that was not the same Bishop so nothing to beat anyone’s chest about those wins.

That’s why I said last season, MD beat them in ‘17 and both MD and DLS beat them this season

37 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

33 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s why I said last season, MD beat them in ‘17 and both MD and DLS beat them this season

In the past 10 years CA is a pitiful 4-15 vs BG...

MD is 2-0

DLS is 2-1

Servite has no wins vs BG in a awful series they had.... 

Cen10 is 0-1 

LBP is 0-1

SJB is 0-2 

SM has never beat them either.... 

The thing is MD I'm 100% sure could have played BG before they assembled all this talent but never did.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

In the past 10 years CA is a pitiful 4-15 vs BG...

MD is 2-0

DLS is 2-1

Servite has no wins vs BG in a awful series they had.... 

Cen10 is 0-1 

LBP is 0-1

SJB is 0-2 

SM has never beat them either.... 

The thing is MD I'm 100% sure could have played BG before they assembled all this talent but never did.... 

Yeah MD definitely could have played the Bishop well before the recent series. 

1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

Yeah MD definitely could have played the Bishop well before the recent series. 

Yeah.... 

While we catch hell for our scheduling habits.... 

Your fellow CA brethrens are propping MD for recently scheduling tougher games....  and telling us about how are top teams never play(insert team name here) 

But let's not forget just 2 years ago MD was playing La mirada,San Clemente,Mayfair and other no name neighborhood teams from around L.A... 

But all of a sudden now that MD has an all star at every position there's a shit ton to be said... 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yeah.... 

While we catch hell for our scheduling habits.... 

Your fellow CA brethrens are propping MD for recently scheduling tougher games....  and telling us about how are top teams never play(insert team name here) 

But let's not forget just 2 years ago MD was playing La mirada,San Clemente,Mayfair and other no name neighborhood teams from around L.A... 

But all of a sudden now that MD has an all star at every position there's a shit ton to be said... 

Schedule duel at times has defiantly seemed a bit underwhelming and it seems they stayed locked in with some teams they traditionally always played like a Edison.

But in their defense they weren’t necessary were dodging anybody. They had a series with CC in the late 00’s early 10’s and played DLS when they arguably had some of their best teams. I think part of it is they hadn’t really played OOS.