Mythical national champions

181pl

1 minute ago, CODBEARD said:

Personally I would like to thank all the publications on voting me the unanimous Mythical Unicorn Rodeo Champion.. It been a long road and allot of hard work but as they say hard work pays off.. I feel I deserve and have earned it.. 

The unicorns 🦄 you rode were trash and anyone could be champ riding that garbage.Talk to me when you ride a unicorn with a pulse

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, RedZone said:

North Shore got Prep Force also.

Pretty much a clean sweep ..

Is it just me, or did the human polls get hella excited and emotional after watching the clip of how NS pulled out the miracle of miracles to win, then dropping MD from their top spot?  Thats all I read in the articles in prepnation and maxpreps and prepforce.  How NS won by a miracle in what was an exciting ending to their game!!!!  Which, yes it was a great game to watch.  I as well enjoyed it.  Maybe they got a tad over excited?  Just sayin.

19 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Is it just me, or did the human polls get hella excited and emotional after watching the clip of how NS pulled out the miracle of miracles to win, then dropping MD from their top spot?  Thats all I read in the articles in prepnation and maxpreps and prepforce.  How NS won by a miracle in what was an exciting ending to their game!!!!  Which, yes it was a great game to watch.  I as well enjoyed it.  Maybe they got a tad over excited?  Just sayin.

Everyone loves another Miracle on Ice story.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

A little Off Topic but did you guys check out that 30 for 30 on the MOI, it was focused on the Perspective of the Soviet team. Pretty cool to hear about the turmoil going on in their locker room/bench.

Are the 30 for 30's available On Demand with Xfinity?  I have missed a few. I have a couple meetings this afternoon where I can catch up on them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Are the 30 for 30's available On Demand with Xfinity?  I have missed a few. I have a couple meetings this afternoon where I can catch up on them.

I am pretty sure almost everything they show now is On Demand with Xfinity. Let me know though because with the real estate market slow until the new year I have plenty of time to catch up on some myself.

1 minute ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

I am pretty sure almost everything they show now is On Demand with Xfinity. Let me know though because with the real estate market slow until the new year I have plenty of time to catch up on some myself.

Just checked on my phone and the most recent one they have available is Catholics vs Convicts, which is hella old. 

2 hours ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

A little Off Topic but did you guys check out that 30 for 30 on the MOI, it was focused on the Perspective of the Soviet team. Pretty cool to hear about the turmoil going on in their locker room/bench.

Yeah. I saw it. It was cool. Dumbshit coach didn’t know what to do and went into full meltdown. He was never in that position before. He pulled Tkretiak, arguably the best goalie on earth at the time, because he gave up a “soft” goal. That was a pretty nasty shot by Mike Johnson to tie it up just before intermission. I would blame the D for being lazy and overconfident, and not getting back. I can only imagine what just have been said at intermission to warrant THAT kind of move by Thikonov. You can tell during interviews that Tkretiak is scarred to this day by being pulled. Gotta love history. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Yeah. I saw it. It was cool. Dumbshit coach didn’t know what to do and went into full meltdown. He was never in that position before. He pulled Tkretiak, arguably the best goalie on earth at the time, because he gave up a “soft” goal. That was a pretty nasty shot by Mike Johnson to tie it up just before intermission. I would blame the D for being lazy and overconfident, and not getting back. I can only imagine what just have been said at intermission to warrant THAT kind of move by Thikonov. You can tell during interviews that Tkretiak is scarred to this day by being pulled. Gotta love history. 

I thought the movie “miracle” did a pretty nice job as well — one of the all-time best locker room speeches 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

The best interview from that show was when one of the Players from the Soviet Union said watching the Americans celebrate was a reminder of what they were supposed to be playing for...the joy of the game...which had left them because of all the expectations they were under.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pops said:

I thought the movie “miracle” did a pretty nice job as well — one of the all-time best locker room speeches 

"If we played 'em 10 times, they might win 9...but not tonight, boys". - Herb Brooks

Love this scene. It's going to be DLS's battle cry against the Russians...I mean SoCal:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

"If we played 'em 10 times, they might win 9...but not tonight, boys". - Herb Brooks

Love this scene. It's going to be DLS's battle cry against the Russians...I mean SoCal:D

You need to run with this red army theme when discussing socal going forward — complete personnel mismatches overcome with sheer grit and determination — ie preempt aarar’s “socal report” with “Red Army News”

perfect analogy 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Pops said:

You need to run with this red army theme when discussing socal going forward — complete personnel mismatches overcome with sheer grit and determination — ie preempt aarar’s “socal report” with “Red Army News”

perfect analogy 

Except that DLS is the Evil Empire.  The Trinity League fancies themselves as the rebel alliance.

• Haha 2