Mythical national champions

181pl

1 hour ago, Ramon said:

Yeah, cause running your mouth on a board like this qualifies you to be the expert?  You must be someone who peaked in high school, congrats on being a big fish in the small pond. MD played TWO out of state nationally ranked teams & beat them. Doesn't matter what MaxPreps says...The concesus National Champion is Mater Dei based on putting ALL the polls together.

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/mater-dei-no-1-in-high-school-football-america-media-poll/

You’re the one that came in here running your mouth.  Not one Texan disrespected MD in this MNC nonsense.  But you couldn’t help yourself because you think you’re a tough guy from CA talking down on kids.

Cheers

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You’re the one that came in here running your mouth.  Not one Texan disrespected MD in this MNC nonsense.  But you couldn’t help yourself because you think you’re a tough guy from CA talking down on kids. Go f*** off Ramon, I don’t have time for you. 

Cheers

Disrespect? I've read my original post on this thread....My response to NoeBull was TAME compared to his smack talk on California...Don't act the victim...It doesn't suit you well

Let's be honest...The notion that Mater Dei should be passed over by a NS team that barely won it's game against it's highest ranked oponent is madness...MD played 4 National Ranked teams from 3 states 5 times and came away with a 4-1 record this year...Not to mention the team they lost to, they beat in the rematch...Using this logic, no NCAA team with a loss should ever be considered for a National Championship...But that's not the case...Is it? BTW...Much love EddyR2!!! \|/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ramon said:

He mentioned TX & FL equally in his post...No Florida team is even in the discussion for MNC...You'll forgive me for making the assumption I did LOL

Lakeland and Carol City were top 10-15 type teams. Just didn't work out this year. I'd put those teams against any team in the country. And Carol City has 1K kids, that's it. By far the best school per capita in the nation. 

• Like 1

Unless you have actually seen North Shore on the field with your team you really can't say how good they are. I saw them twice against Katy, and that told me everything I needed to see. They put 49 on Katy and 41 on Duncanville. Mater Dei could no more stop North Shore than either of those two defensive oriented teams could.

Here is what the Katy Defensive Coordinator said to me about Shad Banks of North Shore: "As a high school sophomore that kid could walk onto to Alabama right now and be starting for them." How many of MD's defensive backs run 10.4 or better in the 100 meters? Duncanville had two 10.4 sprinters in their secondary and Shad Banks broke two long touchdowns against them. He is not just fast, he is big, fast, and elusive. He is very difficult for DBs to tackle once he has the ball. Everyone is worried about the Steeler's offense in the NFL because of their receivers, and Banks is the kind of receiver those guys are; big, fast and elusive. 

And don't tell me about how your defensive backs have technique, I can promise you both Katy and Lake Travis DB's have all the technique there is to be had. Suppose you double team Banks to hold him in check, the rest of the North Shore receivers aren't a bunch of clowns, they are all the kind of receivers you would worry about if they were the only good receiver on a team you were playing. Everyone of them is a legit threat to house it on every play. Do you really think your linebackers can cover Evans and Gentry as outlet receivers? Good luck with that.

• Thanks 1

In the end Gents...I respect your take...NS is a talented team...But no more so than IMG...I may not have seen the teams you guys mentioned in person...I've seen video of the games...And I honestly believe MD/NS would go the same as the MD/IMG game went earlier this year...Anyway, I'm off to celebrate British New Year...Then NYE in beautiful Southern California...So I refuse to take responsibility for any drunk posts later...Peace 

• Like 2