Eagles Bears Final play

LiberalDonaldTrump

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Read that after the Bears cut Robbie Gould he has made 82 of 85 field goals. Lmao! 

And then they were left with that Parkey bum who missed more than a freshman high school kicker. 

The chickens have come home to roost! 

He was my best fantasy player back in the day

bring that man back

A93885EB-6309-4783-A5A4-F05893F9ADAB.jpeg

4 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

829A8192-301D-4448-B15C-D797FE15D538.jpeg

Prolly woulda made it blindfolded. 

Damn, just damn... led league in misses. 

You know? It falls on the coach, should have cut him, allowing Parkey to gather himself. 

Kickers, never notice them until they miss, tell me Parkey wasn’t noticed this season. 

Nice “ice the kicker” time out  call by Coach Pederson. 

Regards,

BGW

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You know? It falls on the coach, should have cut him, allowing Parkey to gather himself. 

Kickers, never notice them until they miss, tell me Parkey wasn’t noticed this season. 

Regards,

BGW

It was noticed by lots of Bear fans that I know during the season. 

I totally agree with everything you said

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Regards,

BGW

Shocked he had a job after the Lions game.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So now they're saying an Eagles defender got his fingertips on the kick. So I guess Parkey is off the hook now?? 

Well it’s a lot easier to blame the kicker since that’s eaisly the most hated position...

ita a lot more water cooler Talk if he missed the kick rather than it being blocked... 

we need a scapegoat always 

https://amp.northjersey.com/amp/2507352002?__twitter_impression=true

on side not 

THE SHOE (st joes)  is about to Be the Boot 👢...  He got selected to play in the all American game. In Texas Jan 14

3980F8A2-6117-4A4A-A126-58D65C3A69E8.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Bormio said:

No one will remember that.  Besides, kicker has to get the ball up - blocked at LOS.

These are professional athletes....supposed to be the 32 best kickers in the world..-and ur tellling me this guy couldn’t put some arch on his kick.. it’s not like he’s kicking a 67 yarder into the wind  that he needs to line Drive kick . @HawgGoneIt Runor has it mike dickka and Naggy was in South Georgia this morning 

8 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

These are professional athletes....supposed to be the 32 best kickers in the world..-and ur tellling me this guy couldn’t put some arch on his kick.. it’s not like he’s kicking a 67 yarder into the wind  that he needs to line Drive kick . @HawgGoneIt Runor has it mike dickka and Naggy was in South Georgia this morning 

I wouldn't blame them. 

We gave a kid, name of Fitzgerald, cuts heads every Friday night.

His dream is UGA but they aren't offering a full ride. They still have Blankenship for one year so they're telling the kid he has to be a preferred walk-on. 

He has some full ride offers though. Tough decisions for him. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gospeeder said:

A big factor in that game was what I thought a boneheaded decision to go for two... should always take the point or points when the math dictates and the two field goal differential called for the kick. Nolebull813 was also right in his observation the Parky kept the Bears in the game.

Why was it a factor?  Although I agree that they should have made it 16-10 with the time remaining, when the Eagles scored, they would have just kicked the extra point to make it 17-16 (instead of going for 2).  While they did have a 4th down during the drive, it was too late to go for 2 FGs by then. 

The worst example of going for 2 too early in the 4th was Jon Fox in the SB between the Panthers and Pats.  He was trailing 21-10.  Scored to make it 21-16, missed the 2.  Scored again to make it 22-21, missed the 2 they had to try now.  Pats scored to make it 27-22, forced to go for 2 to make it 7 - and made it to make the score 29-22.  Panthers scored to tie at 29.  But they had failed to score 2 points and forced the Pats to score one extra - a 3 point swing.  And Adam Vinatieri won the game with a FG that should have only tied the game.

8 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Not to mention a Panther defender flat out dropped a pick on the game winning FG drive that would have ended the game.  A coach told me Championship have been won and lost on plays on defense that were not made vs plays made on offense  he counted at least 10 

I have watched that drive many times and do not remember a flat out dropped pick.  There was one very contested catch that was a dangerous throw.  The game was tied at 29, so a pick would not have ended it.  My point was Fox’s decisions had a huge impact, and it was not all John Kasay’s fault - whose kick off out of bounds gave Brady the ball at the 40 on the last drive.