Our greatness

Ararar

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

No wonder the Rams are legit as hell. The have 11 Cali kats with 8 being from NORCAL!!!!!!!!  Seriously, this state is just so darn amazing.  The rest of the states should be bowing down and kissing our feet for all that we provide the rest of them.  Thankless job being a Cal born and raised kat. 

Y'all make me wanna cheer for the Patriots...

• Haha 2

Ok so I tried to look up and make a list of the last two superbowl rosters.   I had trouble finding last years Patriots 53 man roster, but I searched the 2018 Eagles roster and this years Patriots roster.   Here is what I've found.   First number is the number of kids from said state's HS, Second number is number of kids born from said state. 

2018  Eagles    HS    Born   (only including states with more than one of either, included countries outside US if any)

TX   6    6

FL   6     6 

NJ   5     5

CA   4     5   Chris long HS in VA, born Santa Monica CA

OH   3     3

MD   3      3

PA    2      2

VA    2      1

HI     1       2   Isaac Seumalo Corvallis OR, Born HI

MI     1       2  Chance Warmack Westlake GA, born Detroit MI

One player born and played HS ball outside US.  Destiny Vaeao (Tafuna AS) born in Pago Pago AS (American Samoa)

2019 Patriots   HS    Born

TX     7      6    Trent Brown (Westover GA) born Bastrop TX,  Rex Burkhead (PlanoTX) born Lexington KY, Deatrich Wise Jr (Hebron TX) born in St. Pete FL 

FL      6       7    see above 

CA     6       5    Patric Chung (Rancho Cucamonga CA) born in Jamaica

OH     4       4

GA     4        3   see above texas

TN     3        3 

NC     3        2    Derrick Rivers (Kinston NC) born in Augusta ME     (Maine ya dummy)

NJ      3        1    McCourty twins (SJR NJ)  born Nyack NY 

SC      2        2

NV      2        2    (zero from BG)

AL       2        2

PA       2        1  Rob Gronkowski (Woodland Hills PA)  born in Amherst NY

NY       0        3   see NJ and PA  

2 players born outside US.   Patric Chung (Rancho Cucamonga CA) born Jamaica, and  Obi Melifonwu (Grafton MA) born in London England.  

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Ok so I tried to look up and make a list of the last two superbowl rosters.   I had trouble finding last years Patriots 53 man roster, but I searched the 2018 Eagles roster and this years Patriots roster.   Here are what I've found.   First number is the number of kids from said state's HS, Second number is number of kids born from said state. 

2018  Eagles    HS    Born   (only including states with more than one of either, included countries outside US if any)

TX   6    6

FL   6     6 

NJ   5     5

CA   4     5  (Chris long HS in VA, born Santa Monica CA)

OH   3     3

MD   3      3

PA    2      2

VA    2      1

HI     1       2  (Isaac Seumalo Corvallis OR, Born HI)

MI     1       2  (Chance Warmack Westlake GA, born Detroit MI)

One player born and played HS ball outside US.  Destiny Vaeao (Tafuna AS) born in Pago Pago AS (American Samoa)

TX     7      6    Trent Brown (Westover GA) born Bastrop TX,  Rex Burkhead (PlanoTX) born Lexington KY, Deatrich Wise Jr (Hebron TX) born in St. Pete FL 

OH     4       4

TN     3        3 

NC     3        2    Derrick Rivers (Kinston NC) born in Augusta ME     (Maine ya dummy)

SC      2        2

AL       2        2

2 players born outside US.   Patric Chung (Rancho Cucamonga CA) born Jamaica, and  Obi Melifonwu (Grafton MA) born in London England.  

From Bastrop,TX to Albany,GA  I got a few questions... 

I'll try and do LA rams later.    Was hard as F to find a simple roster  lists that were easy to copy paste.    I WILL NOT click some stupid slide show!   What's with that shit?  Fkn advertising at it's lowest.  

I can post the two full lists if anyone wants them. They got all the high schools listed.   I'd post em, but I figure it would take up a lot of space.  

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I wanted to see if California truly had more than TX and FL last year since the Tweet said "once again". 

Any Patriots fans want to hook it up with some info on the roster changes from Superbowl 52 and 53??  

It also said "eight of the 11 Rams are from NorCal, too".  Who knew the Rams had only 11 players.

I'd trust you before I trusted a Cal-Hi Sports tweet. Let's what you come up with.  

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

It also said "eight of the 11 Rams are from NorCal, too".  Who knew the Rams had only 11 players.

I'd trust you before I trusted a Cal-Hi Sports tweet. Let's what you come up with.  

Uh yeah it’s 8 of the 11 California guys are from NorCal 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

I don’t doubt whatsoever that Cali has the most though.  Especially if 11 on the rams are from Cali.  That’s a lot.    Just wanted ti see if “again” meant last year or if it was the first time in a while type “again”.  Lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I don’t doubt whatsoever that Cali has the most though.  Especially if 11 on the rams are from Cali.  That’s a lot.    Just wanted ti see if “again” meant last year or if it was the first time in a while type “again”.  Lol.

Here’s your answer 

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/2l2TyxLAsk-Bh9vf82XOBw/super-bowl-lii--where-the-patriots-and-eagles-went-to-high-school.htm

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 954gator said:

Chung is what is referred to in Jamaica as a black headed Chinaman.

I am guessing one of his grandfathers was Chinese. Before any haters come after me with comments, that would be me, also. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 954gator said:

[...]

TX   6    6

FL   6     6 

NJ   5     5

[...]

OH     4       4

[...]

5 hours ago, DevilDog said:

The Rams have 9 Texas players and the Patriots have 7.  16 total Texas players in SB

I guess Georgia will have to rely on the per capita argument again.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, 954gator said:

I wanted to see if California truly had more than TX and FL last year since the Tweet said "once again". 

Any Patriots fans want to hook it up with some info on the roster changes from Superbowl 52 and 53??  

For the "once again" part, I found this: https://www.calhisports.com/2019/01/31/cali-super-bowl-alums-2019/

It says that CA had the most in...

2017: 14

2016: 12

2015: 22

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, 954gator said:

Ok so I tried to look up and make a list of the last two superbowl rosters.   I had trouble finding last years Patriots 53 man roster, but I searched the 2018 Eagles roster and this years Patriots roster.   Here is what I've found.   First number is the number of kids from said state's HS, Second number is number of kids born from said state. 

TX   6    6

FL   6     6 

NJ   5     5

OH   3     3

MD   3      3

PA    2      2

VA    2      1

HI     1       2   Isaac Seumalo Corvallis OR, Born HI

MI     1       2  Chance Warmack Westlake GA, born Detroit MI

OH     4       4

TN     3        3 

SC      2        2

AL       2        2

lol, they don't really count Gronk from the WPIAL anyway - too much pride knowing he stopped in at Woody for a year.

PA still prides themselves on having at least one player from their Big 33 all-star game in every Super Bowl ever played. 

• Like 2