March Madness Brackets.

12 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Yea sorry Big East sucked this year. And hasn't been really good top to bottom in awhile. A few years they've had a very good team that has won it all but their overall tournament performance has been among some of the worst over the last decade.....

....still remember in 2011 when they got a ridiculous 11 teams into the tournament and everyone else in the country was like "well that's f'n stupid!"...Big East fans tried to defend it, but then lost 9 teams on the opening weekend. 😂

This year, the ACC and Big Ten were tops, with the SEC not far behind. 

ACC and SEC were tops with the big ten a bit behind. 

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

So in the Virginia/Purdue game last night, Purdue was up 3 and chose to intentionally foul at the end......we saw how it ended for Purdue. 

Where do you guys stand on the intentional fouling when up 3 strategy?

With the high % rate of 3’s going In.... it’s the right move imo. Easy to second guess now. That was a tough shot uva guy made to get game to OT. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

ACC and SEC were tops with the big ten a bit behind. 

Here's how I see it.   I like the ACC on top, but after them it's tough.  The big 10, SEC, Big 12 were all pretty deep and tough IMO.   I mean big 12 won the head to head over SEC earlier.   They are a damn good conference as well.    Just trying to be objective.   I'm just happy the SEC is performing at a high level, but I wouldn't just put them at #2.    If I had to pick a #2 I'd have the big 10 by a hair.    JMHO.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

So in the Virginia/Purdue game last night, Purdue was up 3 and chose to intentionally foul at the end......we saw how it ended for Purdue. 

Where do you guys stand on the intentional fouling when up 3 strategy?

Always have been a propent of fouling in that situation.

50 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Always have been a propent of fouling in that situation.

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

With the high % rate of 3’s going In.... it’s the right move imo. Easy to second guess now. That was a tough shot uva guy made to get game to OT. 

3 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Smart move...Just grab the damn rebound lol.

Interesting. I was curious to see if there was any empirical data on this. I found two studies, one on NBA and one on College Basketball. 

Both studies concluded that there was no statistical advantage either way. 

• Like 1

Duke and Kentucky need to return to recruiting players who will stay and grow for a few years.  Freshman teams do not win championships.

I must also note that I love Norte Dame’s womens’ team who have played together for several years and may be one of the best of all time.  If they play UConn on Friday it will equal any mens’ game.