GHSA investigating Grayson

ATLien12x

This just goes to show you how much attention the GHSA is really paying to this kind of stuff. As little as possible.

We have talked about this stuff for a couple of months already and it took a news report on t.v. to get their asses moving on an investigation.  

I guess this also proves there isn't any tattle-tales on here also...Well either that or the GHSA didn't care if someone did mention it to them. When it goes out on t.v. and everybody knows they get to moving though.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This just goes to show you how much attention the GHSA is really paying to this kind of stuff. As little as possible.

We have talked about this stuff for a couple of months already and it took a news report on t.v. to get their asses moving on an investigation.  

I guess this also proves there isn't any tattle-tales on here also...Well either that or the GHSA didn't care if someone did mention it to them. When it goes out on t.v. and everybody knows they get to moving though.

THIS!!!  

How da hell Grayson get all those players they got within the past year...And this "just now getting noticed.."?

Who snitched??  Was it you Hawg? ?

35 minutes ago, Connman said:

Colquitt next!

GHSA will be done before long. 

Ever since that bill was introduced to the state The GHSA has been getting Hostile towards schools. 

Withholding Athletic Department Money.... 

Cheating schools out of money.... 

Year late investigations....

Moving basketball goals and ignoring regulations.... 

The move to cut Public broadcasting of state championship games...

Yeah the GHSA screwed up... 

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/i-team/112755017-story

Was this ever discussed on the other forum?   

I don't remember discussing Allatoona much at all. To be honest, a transfer here and there usually doesn't bother anyone much, but 5-6-7 senior star transfers in one off season to one school usually garners a good bit of attention.

It's a shame that the member schools all pay the GHSA dues which are meant in part to fund the enforcement of the rules that the members adopted, and it takes FOX 5 stories to get them moving. In the case of the Allatoona story, FOX 5 did what the GHSA is charged with doing, and as far as I know, got no action from that one. Now that they (the GHSA) are under threat of being dismantled, these stories suddenly mean something and get them hopping. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Actually, if the kids were in school at Allatoona starting in the ninth grade, they were ok to play there and within the rules.

This type of transfer happens a good bit statewide.

Unless I'm mistaken, the news team investigation showed the two kids living in the district/county? they moved from since the 9th grade.  They may have never actually physically moved to the new district/county?  They just listed an address to allow the move to an allowed school zone perhaps... 

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, the news team investigation showed the two kids living in the county they moved from since the 9th grade.  They may have never actually physically moved to the new county. They just listed an address to allow the move perhaps... 

If a kid starts their high school career at a particular school, they do not necessarily have to live in that school district. They don't have to move to the new county at all to play ball there if they started their high school career there. The only way the transfer rules or "living in the district" rule would apply is if that student left the school where they started their career and then returned at a later date and attempted to play there again.

In other words, a kid that plays their entire high school career at one school, as long as they started their career at that school in the ninth grade, does not have to live in that district. 

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If a kid starts their high school career at a particular school, they do not necessarily have to live in that school district. They don't have to move to the new county at all to play ball there if they started their high school career there. The only way the transfer rules or "living in the district" rule would apply is if that student left the school where they started their career and then returned at a later date and attempted to play there again.

In other words, a kid that plays their entire high school career at one school, as long as they started their career at that school in the ninth grade, does not have to live in that district. 

Gotcha.  I reread and yes they played at same school since freshmen, but seemed the physical address of where they were living was a possible issue.  Based on your mention it shouldn't be.   At least that's what I got from reread 2.  

• Like 1

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

Gotcha.  I reread and yes they played at same school since freshmen, but seemed the physical address of where they were living was a possible issue.  Based on your mention it shouldn't be.   At least that's what I got from reread 2.  

There has often been a bit of hooplah when kids start at a school like that and grow into star players. In the end on those type of players, it's up to the school system to either allow or disallow them to play/attend there as a freshman. If the kid lives out of district, it usually involves a fee as the family didn't pay school taxes in the district where the student is trying to attend, but either way, if they are allowed to attend as freshman at a particular school, then they are eligible to play there for the duration of their career. 

I'm not entirely sure why the families of those Allatoona kids would lie or stutter about when asked questions by the reporters, unless they were supposed to have paid a fee and were trying to skate by without doing so. Either that or unsure of the eligibility of their kids. I'm sure it's a bit disturbing having reporters poking around and asking questions like that. It seems they made the story a lot more intriguing by being dishonest in some of their answers. 

I think I'm reading that the rules that FOX 5 were inferring the students were breaking were actually Cobb County specific, whereas Cobb County has adopted a rule stating that the student has to reside in that district and it must be with a legal guardian. I think they are suggesting that the families were duping the Cobb school board/system rather than the GHSA who really has no governance over the matter since the kids started at that school at the beginning of their freshman year. 

I'm thinking the Cobb County board was perfectly ok with the kids playing there, or else they would have taken some action. It does read like a strange situation, but unless Cobb County is looking to get rid of them or collect from them in some manner, it seems like FOX 5 was maybe a little over the top here. The right place to solve this particular issue would be at Cobb school board meetings, and/or Cobb school board elections as they occur. 

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, the news team investigation showed the two kids living in the district/county? they moved from since the 9th grade.  They may have never actually physically moved to the new district/county?  They just listed an address to allow the move to an allowed school zone perhaps... 

Allatoona is in cobb county enough said.... 

Dont bother trying to define school zones there.... 

They exist.... but much like rules... no one gives a shit.... 

GHSA has a bounty on its head... 

Cartersville,Rome and Calhoun wants it... 

Several Basketball teams are pissed about how the state finals where played (Cant blame em)... the whole Goal moving thing... 

The delayed and probably pointless Grayson investigation....

Greg Phillips fighting for his job... 

And a growing Base who wants the GHSA gone or to clean house.... 

11 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

When he took photo w Harbaugh at the house and not the apartment was it during the football season ? 

His move before the season was legit.  The whole family moved to an apartment in Grayson and turned off utilities at the house in Newton Co.  There were weekly checks to ensure everyone was aboveboard and met the GHSA regs.  When his dad and he moved back after the season he forfeited any eligibility for spring sports such as track but I guess that's what his dad wanted to do.

10 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

This is Fake News.  

Grayson would NEVER break the rules. And Herron went to Hanna due to "health" reasons.

According to Fox News......

Rufus>>

We learned from the best in S GA.  :-)  Herron did leave for his health, his financial health!

6 hours ago, Fred said:

His move before the season was legit.  The whole family moved to an apartment in Grayson and turned off utilities at the house in Newton Co.  There were weekly checks to ensure everyone was aboveboard and met the GHSA regs.  When his dad and he moved back after the season he forfeited any eligibility for spring sports such as track but I guess that's what his dad wanted to do.

Who conducted these weekly checks? The GHSA? Or some community coach for Grayson?

:P