Auburn deserved to win that game...

954gator

2 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Double dribble should’ve been called no question (Although replays show he was fouled before the double dribble anyway).  Not sure why anyone is talking about the foul on the 3.  That is a foul call 100 times out of a 100.  

When you miss the big double dribble you have to let that foul go.  That's how it should have been called IMO.  A decent look was still attempted and missed.   That should have wrapped it up.   

It's the same as one team going in and getting destroyed at the hoop with no call then getting a touch foul on the other end to lose the game.  The touch foul may have happened, but what about on the other end?  I know we want to say...officials need to call it the right way every time no matter what was done prior, but onlookers will never see it that way especially when both results favor one team and it decides the game.   

If the foul would have been called before the DD then UVA has to inbound the ball much much further.   That is in fact what Pearl was probably trying to have happen.   So when people say oh the foul happened before the DD you could almost consider it a 3rd thing that was ignored in favor of UVA.   

Advantage/Disadvantage calling, the game was physical and really not in Virginia's favor.

Jerome lost his cool with the officiating, I felt at that point it was over for Virginia when Jerome picked up his 4th.

Media blew that double dribble shit up, being the drama queens they are, the officials can call something on EVERY play if the officials wanted to.

Great game, Auburn made a statement that they belong. Never mind Chuck "Rifleman" Person was dismissed earlier in the year for the pay for players scandal.. let's not forget that tidbit.

Regards,

BGW

8 hours ago, 954gator said:

When you miss the big double dribble you have to let that foul go.  That's how it should have been called IMO.  A decent look was still attempted and missed.   That should have wrapped it up.   

It's the same as one team going in and getting destroyed at the hoop with no call then getting a touch foul on the other end to lose the game.  The touch foul may have happened, but what about on the other end?  I know we want to say...officials need to call it the right way every time no matter what was done prior, but onlookers will never see it that way especially when both results favor one team and it decides the game.   

If the foul would have been called before the DD then UVA has to inbound the ball much much further.   That is in fact what Pearl was probably trying to have happen.   So when people say oh the foul happened before the DD you could almost consider it a 3rd thing that was ignored in favor of UVA.   

Can’t just let fouls go as a “make up” call.  The double dribble / foul fiasco definitely went against Auburn and was not handled correctly.  But the 3 point shot was a foul.  The defender got into the shooters legs while he was on the act.  Not even a close call IMO. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, 954gator said:

No one knew it was a missed double dribble until analysed by everyone on replay after game. The foul on the 3 point attempt was an obvious foul all day long and should be called 100% of time. Any one who has ever taken a jump shot and been bumped in mid air aught to know that. Obvious. That being said, Auburn was the better team in my opinion, but had too many lapses during game. Unfortunately, bad calls happen all game long, not just at end.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

No one knew it was a missed double dribble until analysed by everyone on replay after game. The foul on the 3 point attempt was an obvious foul all day long and should be called 100% of time. Any one who has ever taken a jump shot and been bumped in mid air aught to know that. Obvious. That being said, Auburn was the better team in my opinion, but had too many lapses during game. Unfortunately, bad calls happen all game long, not just at end.

Lol jesus because the commentators didn’t recognize it no one did right?   How can anyone say that.   What, did you watch it with like 50 people or were you at the game?   I never got that argument.  I noticed it.   Refs should have too.

It is what it is though.  

I also noticed the clock on the last possession.    Had it at 6.5 and when he went ti hit free throws they added time (7.4).  When you watch the time going down on the shot the ball was literally like not even thriugh the basket at 7.4 seconds so they called the timeout before the shot?  6.5 would have honestly been a generous time considering the time to call a TO after the shot.

23 hours ago, 954gator said:

Man, that's a tough way to lose.   Obvious double dribble missed, then a foul called at the end.   Man the refs shoulda just swallowed it.  Auburn comes back from a 10 point lead late to take control of the game and that's the way it ends.  SMH.   

The double dribble not being called and even the announcers not noticing was wild. I sat there thinking, "am I in some kind of alternate universe?" It was beyond obvious. 

The foul at the end is sour grapes. That has been a foul since the game began. 

Auburn had a great season. Truly amazing how they won the SEC tourney and deserved that call on teh double which would have sent them to the finals. Great job by Auburn.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

I also noticed the clock on the last possession.    Had it at 6.5 and when he went ti hit free throws they added time (7.4).  When you watch the time going down on the shot the ball was literally like not even thriugh the basket at 7.4 seconds so they called the timeout before the shot?  6.5 would have honestly been a generous time considering the time to call a TO after the shot.

Damned! Are you a big baby. 

The double dribble is part of the game. Bad calls have always been part of the game. 

The 7.4 was accurate and the foul was a foul. 

Christ, are you a Pumkin' from Georgia who got their user name hacked? 

• Haha 1

Just now, noonereal said:

The double dribble is part of the game. Bad calls have always been part of the game. 

Lol no.  Just shit I noticed.   Dunno how people keep sayin nobody noticed the DD.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Lol why is Auburn in Ga?  Pullin for cinderellas ain’t a crime haha.

Pullin for My boys in Texas now!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

Lol jesus because the commentators didn’t recognize it no one did right?   How can anyone say that.   What, did you watch it with like 50 people or were you at the game?   I never got that argument.  I noticed it.   Refs should have too.

It is what it is though.  

I saw it on replay and thought it was traveling, but like so many times, they seem to tweak the rules so I thought I was missing something. In real time, though, I didn't pick up on it. Refs should know a lot of things, but they miss a ton. Got back from Warriors game tonight, and you want to talk about some missed,  non calls !  Auburn lost the game because the guy made a bonehead foul, period. If Guy wasn't fouled, then I give him a 50/50 chance of making that 3 anyways. 

Anybody else wonder about the overall poor outside shooting in both semi-finals ?  The baseline "3"s being the exception. Sure the defenses are good or the teams wouldn't be here; but these cavernous 70,000(+) seat football stadiums don't seem to be very good for sharpshooters to dial in their shots. There sure were plenty of air balls and bricks in both contests. Is it air circulation, a depth or background perception issue, big game pressure, etc.,etc ? One thing is certain. Any one of twenty schools were good enough to win this thing. The final two are very good and very lucky. You've got to have both to win this fabulous tournament.  

• Like 2