In 50 years we will look back and wonder why we allowed tackle football

Fred

Not me. First of all in 50 years I would be 112...not happening. And I believe football is the greatest sport ever invented. No other sport teaches teamwork, selflessness, sacrifice, toughness, brotherhood and work ethic as much as football does. If you believe it's unsafe and not worth the risk then don't play...but don't tell me I can't reap the many benefits that football offers because of what you think.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Awesome. Dont really care either. 

At least I have my own opinions and am willing to buck the popular opinion. 

I will give you that - you are consistently stubborn.

But being stubborn doesn't make you right, it just makes you closed-minded.

And I question whether you have your own opinions.  You're not old enough to have opinions.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wosinc said:

I will give you that - you are consistently stubborn.

But being stubborn doesn't make you right, it just makes you closed-minded.

And I question whether you have your own opinions.  You're not old enough to have opinions.

That such crap. I absolutely have my own opinions. Have always stood by my own opinions and will always stand by my own opinions. 

That's fine if you wanna call my closer minded I truly dont care. 

17 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

That such crap. I absolutely have my own opinions. Have always stood by my own opinions and will always stand by my own opinions. 

That's fine if you wanna call my closer minded I truly dont care. 

This is exactly what I would expect you to say.

Close-minded people always deny that they are close-minded.

It’s sort of a truism.

I know you attended Bergen Catholic, so let me know if you want me to define “truism.”

3 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

This is exactly what I would expect you to say.

Close-minded people always deny that they are close-minded.

It’s sort of a truism.

I know you attended Bergen Catholic, so let me know if you want me to define “truism.”

Oh I never attended Bergen catholic ever so you apparently dont know lmaooo

On 4/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, HSFBfan said:

Let the local teams raise money for better equipment. Would it be nice to see the NFL donate money but there are leagues across the country with millions of kids. So who gets the money? 

Kids today are so protected it should make you sick. They arent allowed to do anything everything is about caution for this and that. 

Kids are going to get hurt. Kids are going to do dumb things. It happens. 

The NFL gives ton of money to youth football.

equipment is not the reason for concussions.  You can buy the best equipment on the market and have the best strength program and still be concussed if your are hit or fall just right.

The #1 thing that you can be done to limit concussions in football is to Strengthen the neck and head muscles and to keep your head/eyes up.  Yet nothing is 100% with the game being played with such fast players who play not worried about getting hurt.  

• Like 2

Just now, Texasball said:

equipment is not the reason for concussions.  You can buy the best equipment on the market and have the best strength program and still be concussed if your are hit or fall just right.

The #1 thing that you can be done to limit concussions in football is to Strengthen the neck and head muscles and to keep your head/eyes up.  Yet nothing is 100% with the game being played with such fast players who play not worried about getting hurt.  

And I agree

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

Exactly! Unless the NFL has some sort of secret formula to not have the law of physics work against its players brains ain't much good some equipment is gonna do. Not to mention the cost would be unobtainably expensive. 

Pretty good study on CTE a Dr. Friend sent me. 

Tau protein—a hallmark of several neurodegenerative diseases including CTE, Alzheimer’s, and certain kinds of dementias—“becomes toxic and destroys brain tissue” as it accumulates, says Stern. In their study, the researchers found evidence of abnormal tau proteins in living people by comparing experimental PET scans of 31 control subjects without any history of head trauma or psychological symptoms against 26 former National Football League players who have self-reported cognitive, mood, and behavior symptoms associated with CTE.

The experimental PET scan detected greater amounts of abnormal tau protein buildup in the group of living former NFL players compared to the control group.

“It can’t yet be used for individual diagnosis,” Stern cautions. “We analyzed group data, not individual findings.”

Yet, after a decade of doing CTE research himself, he admits it’s a crucial step toward the ultimate goal of diagnosing CTE in living individuals. “From day one,” Stern says, “I had hoped for there to be a tau tracer for PET scans in humans. It’s such an important thing…to be able to see and quantify tau.”

Stern says scientific data suggests that it’s not necessarily concussions that cause the neurodegenerative disease known to have affected hundreds of military veterans and former NFL stars, including Aaron Hernandez, Dave Duerson, Junior Seau, and Andre Waters, among others.

“CTE is a buzzword these days,” Stern says. But “a lot of people are confused about what it is, what causes it…. There’s a lot of misconception out there that it’s caused by concussions.”

https://www.bu.edu/research/articles/toward-cte-diagnosis-in-living-people/?fbclid=IwAR03Y-xg4OMDtXeO7LocM8gEe_nYnh8h8oaq5h8ZNfZg-kiB6Q9ZEyn9Mpk