In 50 years we will look back and wonder why we allowed tackle football

Fred

5 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

LAX isn't as risky as football... 

In the concussion department 

At least I haven't seen any... 

I think the point is that life is dangerous. Most any activity an individual decides to do carries risk. Extreme rock climbing, base jumping and motocross are very dangerous too and I myself would never partake -- but millions of people do. Because they accept the risk that comes along with it. I don't see activities like it going away in 50 years time and neither should tackle football.

The leading causes of death among teens is suicide and auto-related accidents. Are we gonna look back in 50 years and say 'why did we let our teens drive a car?'.  It hasn't happened yet, so doubtful it ever happens at all. Parents and their children accept the risk. Adults accept the risk.

Same absolutely should apply to tackle football for anyone that wants to participate. The witch hunt needs to stop.

Hell, people are dying taking selfies for pete's sake. Cell phones are a major, major distraction that is the cause for all sorts of accidents. But those risks are acceptable for some reason -- even though immediate death is worse than potential long term complications from head injuries.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I'll leave this here because it's a fact.

#1 sport for concussions... SOCCER!!

stop attacking football. It's a great sport that has never been safer. 

Once you get up to college or NFL where they have top quality safety gear

Most concussions and brain damage accumulated has been in youth football where they have poor equipment

If the NFL and NCAA really care about the sport they should reach out to these youth groups across the country and hook them up with the best available equipment so the sport can be preserved for the long term

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Once you get up to college or NFL where they have top quality safety gear

Most concussions and brain damage accumulated has been in youth football where they have poor equipment

If the NFL and NCAA really care about the sport they should reach out to these youth groups across the country and hook them up with the best available equipment so the sport can be preserved for the long term

Let the local teams raise money for better equipment. Would it be nice to see the NFL donate money but there are leagues across the country with millions of kids. So who gets the money? 

Kids today are so protected it should make you sick. They arent allowed to do anything everything is about caution for this and that. 

Kids are going to get hurt. Kids are going to do dumb things. It happens. 

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Let the local teams raise money for better equipment. Would it be nice to see the NFL donate money but there are leagues across the country with millions of kids. So who gets the money? 

Kids today are so protected it should make you sick. They arent allowed to do anything everything is about caution for this and that. 

Kids are going to get hurt. Kids are going to do dumb things. It happens. 

Yeah because so many former athletes are in their 50s and barley able to walk or getting unable to remember something from 5 minutes earlier

Just because they made money doing something they love doesn't mean they aren't human

19 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah because so many former athletes are in their 50s and barley able to walk or getting unable to remember something from 5 minutes earlier

Just because they made money doing something they love doesn't mean they aren't human

It happens. some kids are born with diseases and crippled.shoild we stop having kids? 

Should kids today not be allowed to do anything? 

And than when they sit on the couch and get fat we bitch about that. Look around video games are taking over

Wouldnt you rather see a kid play football and br out with his buddies

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It happens. some kids are born with diseases and crippled.shoild we stop having kids? 

And than when they sit on the couch and get fat we bitch about that. Look around video games are taking over

I would like to think with all the money being wasted in the government for petty bullshit and all the money the NFL and NCAA higher ups have it would be easy to make sure there is proper equipment so that they can hang out with their friends, play a sport they love and not have to get a nurse to help them poop before they even hit 50 because of permanent life injuries that they will spend the rest of their life suffering from

18 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Most adults these days bitch just to bitch

Nothing gonna stop that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I would like to think with all the money being wasted in the government for petty bullshit and all the money the NFL and NCAA higher ups have it would be easy to make sure there is proper equipment so that they can hang out with their friends, play a sport they love and not have to get a nurse to help them poop before they even hit 50 because of permanent life injuries that they will spend the rest of their life suffering from

I respect your opinion. Were just not going to agree. I feel bad for kids today. Not allowed to do or experience anything 

• Like 1

Parents and High School kids know the risk before putting the helmet. Some politicians want 16 year old's to have the right to vote. Shouldn't they have the right to make up their own minds on maybe making it to the NFL?

NFL players are the last ones that should complain about the injuries of playing the game. They had their day in glory. Too bad if they suffer from past injuries. They could have quit anytime they wanted too. If you feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for the kids that get punked by gang members or bullies. Emotional damage is just as bad as a busted knee, IMHO. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Parents and High School kids know the risk before putting the helmet. Some politicians want 16 year old's to have the right to vote. Shouldn't they have the right to make up their own minds on maybe making it to the NFL?

NFL players are the last ones that should complain about the injuries of playing the game. They had their day in glory. Too bad if they suffer from past injuries. They could have quit anytime they wanted too. If you feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for the kids that get punked by gang members or bullies. Emotional damage is just as bad as a busted knee, IMHO. 

Think about this.....giving your kid hormone therapy to become transgender is perfectly ok by the left. 

But cant play football as their is a risk for physical injury

22 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I respect your opinion. Were just not going to agree. I feel bad for kids today. Not allowed to do or experience anything 

I have no issue with football being played 

I just think that in order to preserve the sport that there needs to be better equipment at the youth level so that they can play and not be brain dead by 50 

If all the money the NFL lost in that recent lawsuit had been used towards better equipment than maybe so many former players wouldn't be in the bad shape they are in right now and we wouldn't have to see so many rule changes to minimize the damage

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Think about this.....giving your kid hormone therapy to become transgender is perfectly ok by the left. 

But cant play football as their is a risk for physical injury

Well then I guess I'm a minority on the left who loves football

I just think we should see better equipment given at a early age to prolong the shelf life of not only the sport but also the desire by kids to play

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Well then I guess I'm a minority on the left who loves football

I just think we should see better equipment given at a early age to prolong the shelf life of not only the sport but also the desire by kids to play

The kids have the desire to play. It's the pansy ass parents that are pulling them out. 

Someone brought up lax earlier in this thread. They have destroyed lax as well. 

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I have no issue with football being played 

I just think that in order to preserve the sport that there needs to be better equipment at the youth level so that they can play and not be brain dead by 50 

If all the money the NFL lost in that recent lawsuit had been used towards better equipment than maybe so many former players wouldn't be in the bad shape they are in right now and we wouldn't have to see so many rule changes to minimize the damage

Why do you care about those players? Why does anyone care? People get hurt working in their profession or killed all the time. Do we stay up at night worrying? Caring? 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Why do you care about those players? Why does anyone care? People get hurt working in their profession or killed all the time. Do we stay up at night worrying? Caring? 

Because so many people see these players as nothing more than toys for their personal entertainment

They are humans not animals

• Like 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Because so many people see these players as nothing more than toys for their personal entertainment

They are humans not animals

They are humans that have absolutely no connection to any of us. If your family than sure have your feelings. But we are not. Were fans. They want to be considered gladiators well the gladiators died for the entertainment of others.