2019 Freedom Bowl.

Nolebull813

Alpharetta screwed everyone over. A national top 50 matchup between Ohio and Georgia was thrown to shit because of freaking Alpharetta wanting to play Georgia. 

Lol. Classic Georgia. The association and a member school single handily thwarted 2 OOS teams that were national top 10 and top 50 from coming to play Georgia teams. 

9430F7B5-725A-40AF-AA6F-92A0656D10A1.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Alpharetta screwed everyone over. A national top 50 matchup between Ohio and Georgia was thrown to shit because of freaking Alpharetta wanting to play Georgia. 

Lol. Classic Georgia. The association and a member school single handily thwarted 2 OOS teams that were national top 10 and top 50 from coming to play Georgia teams. 

9430F7B5-725A-40AF-AA6F-92A0656D10A1.jpeg

Alpharetta vs Cocoa and Milton vs PC would've been perfect... 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Alpharetta demanded to play Milton and woundnt budge. 

Milton begged Alpharetta not to ruin the classic but they refused to give in. 

The Freedom Bowl will still go on and even though every single Florida team is gravely mismatched, they will fight like hell, and hopefully pull some upsets 

Western and mainland aren't mismatched

Watch them both win ;)

Oh wow is us...

All of the Florida teams are the dogs... 

I thought Cocoa was scheduled to play Milton? Cocoa vs Hoover will be a better game if Cocoa plays smart. 

CCC may surprise some of you that have never seen them play. Not saying they will win... just that they are a decent team most years.

I feel bad for Winter Park, even though some years they play decent I don't see them having a chance. 

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I actually am interested to see how these play out... Cocoa/Hoover game, the Brentwood Academy/Clearwater Central game and the Pick Central/ Winter Park game. 

Cocoa/Hoover and BA/Clearwater look good.   But I would still rather see Milton/CC and Alpharetta/WP instead.  

1 minute ago, ohio said:

Cocoa/Hoover and BA/Clearwater look good.   But I would still rather see Milton/CC and Alpharetta/WP instead.  

I'd certainly have matched up some of it differently, but, I don't think the thing is a bust. 

There's a couple of pretty intriguing games in there. There's a couple of idk games in there too. Could be surprised and a few games be pretty good actually.

• Like 1

These are top 5 teams from Ohio, Alabama and Tennessee playing fringe top 25 Florida teams. It’s a huge mismatch. There isn’t one game that you can justify it being a close game. There is nothing you can point to objectively and say this is a good match. 

It is what it is. Nothing you can do now except lace em up, and go hit someone in the mouth 

On 4/10/2019 at 6:36 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Alpharetta demanded to play Milton and woundnt budge. 

Milton begged Alpharetta not to ruin the classic but they refused to give in. 

The Freedom Bowl will still go on and even though every single Florida team is gravely mismatched, they will fight like hell, and hopefully pull some upsets 

I dont see how Alpharetta had that much say so in the matchup to start with. Who cares what they demand...

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I dont see how Alpharetta had that much say so in the matchup to start with. Who cares what they demand...

I’m not sure. Maybe Alpharetta had the right to hold them to the game since the schedule adjusted in the state. Everything moved up a week. Because last year both teams played the week before the Freedom Bowl. Now they have to play during the Freedom Bowl. 

Milton even told Alpharetta they could pick their own opponent and the time slot they want to play in. Still said no. 

20 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Who the fresh hell is Bishop Sycamore? Is this the relaunch of COA or something? The Athletics tab on their website says "Under Construction." xD

Bishop Sycamore will be a first year program that has an international curriculum. They will have some COF kids most likely being that COF folded and all the players will need new homes. Other than that they have no affiliation to COF at all. They will not be a member of the OHSAA so they can schedule independent and get kids in with no oversight. Watch out for them 

39 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

This sucks. Really would have liked to see PC play Milton. 

PC should be pretty good next year!

Yeah they was the game. That was gonna happen before some shit team threw a wrench into the process. 

I want to see Ohio and GA to clash. Cincinnati is closer to Atlanta than Miami is to Atlanta 

23 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Bishop Sycamore will be a first year program that has an international curriculum. They will have some COF kids most likely being that COF folded and all the players will need new homes. Other than that they have no affiliation to COF at all. They will not be a member of the OHSAA so they can schedule independent and get kids in with no oversight. Watch out for them 

Dude you said same thing about the Canada team and they lost to Douglas

I seem to remember calling the Douglas win because I said these Canada teams ain't gonna be able to compete with SFL LMAO

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

From last years rankings 

FL #36 Cocoa vs AL #4 Hoover 

FL #32 Winter Park vs OH #7 Pick Cent

FL #30 CCC vs TN #2 Brentwood Acad

FL #78 Western vs AL #13 UMS 

Could you add Alpharetta and Milton's rankings too, thanks.   

This way we can compare the whole slate and of course this is last year's rankings, but not sure that matters in this case.     Would be nice to hear from local fans to get a feel for whether the team looks to be improved or weaker or about the same.   

34 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah...that's what everyone said about COA. That model won't lead to overly competitive teams here. 

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Could you add Alpharetta and Milton's rankings too, thanks.   

This way we can compare the whole slate and of course this is last year's rankings, but not sure that matters in this case.     Would be nice to hear from local fans to get a feel for whether the team looks to be improved or weaker or about the same.   

Milton finished number 2 in GA (behind the team they beat in the title game????)

Alpharetta finished number 171 in GA 

• Haha 1