New Coach at Colquitt better win now and will need some luck.

HooverOutlaw

After long time Buc HC Bob Finley passed away before the 94 season. (Who had won 2 state titles ).  New Coach Gann was hired before the 95 season.  In 95 Hoover went 11-2 made the 3rd round then came 96-98 No playoffs and 3 and 4 win seasons. Plus biggest Hoover's  rival Vestavia won several years in a row plus the 1998 state title. Fan support went down the drain, booster club had no money, kids on the team dropped to around 50. It can go South quick. 

Just think Colquitt gets beat in the Corky Kell bad, then struggles to a 5-5, No playoffs and Lowdnes wins the state . You wanna talk bout people mad. Player numbers drop and home crowds drop.

Like RIC Flair said filling my shoes as world champ is a job that is impossible to do. 

Good luck to the new Head Coach He will need it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

What does Hoover sucking a quarter century ago before they started poaching all the Birmingham talent have to do with Colquitt in 2019?? 

There's some truth to what he is saying though... 

Colquitt can't afford to have a fall off with their kids... 

Hoover both is and apart of a major metro area Colquitt is not... They don't get to reload like Hoover does... 

They can't just hire some Sheep and not expect a fall off... 

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Heard we are operating with 4 coaches and one trainer that supposedly watched CRP hand out pills without saying anything.

We are mid month April with a scheduled spring game on May 8th. 

Lol.

I'm hearing that each of those coaches would remain on staff for the upcoming season...unless JR doesn't want them.  I'm also hearing Rogers is bringing a couple JOCO coaches with him  But no details.  Personally...it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we just passed on a spring game and concentrated our efforts to solidifying the program and executing summer ball.  I don't think the game over at Troy is gonna have a whole lot of positive affects...unless it's to give a few of our guys some exposure to college coaches.

Onward and Upward.

OK...OK...just onward for the time being....

Rufus>>

• Like 1