It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

17 hours ago, The Guru said:

Sure.

You claim that integrity and morality are what keep DLS from acting like STA, MD, etc.

Of course that's not the point being made. You're purposefully lying to avoid the actual issue.

The point has never been that DLS should attract better players. It's that DLS is poor at working on behalf of the kids they already have.

This point hasn't been lost on anybody who approaches this issue in good faith.

Let’s talk about the 30 v 2 STA scholarship advantage has and why this game is considered competitive 

DLS coaches aren’t poor at this — an academy school like STA has it in their mission 

STA coaches certainly aren’t working on behalf of their kids when they also prioritize replacing them with better kids in the off-season so rein in your high and mightiness 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I think this kid is worthy of a low end D1 scholly.   6'2 240 good motor. 

Crespi is a son of one one of the coaches. I agree, good motor. Will likely be a Capt. Woulda played more but was behind Foskey and Puckett on both sides of the ball. He’ll be one DE and Clayton Seastrand (6-3 245) will be the other. Thanks for posting this!👍

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

So, now the DLS coaches are responsible for ASU extending more offers than they could honor?

No, they're responsible for getting players placed at their proper level.

An FBS kid who clearly wanted to play major college football is no at Northern Arizona because he didn't have an LOI from an FBS school to sign.

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

No, they're responsible for getting players placed at their proper level.

An FBS kid who clearly wanted to play major college football is no at Northern Arizona because he didn't have an LOI from an FBS school to sign.

Did he clearly want to play major college football?

did he tell you that?

i don’t know Wilson but do know a couple of DLS guys that turned down multiple BCS offers (ie notre dame, Oregon, Nebraska) to attend ivy 

There are reasons to choose Northern Az over ASU 

List the 28 undiscovered D1s on DLS’s roster that actually make this a competitive game — Wilson doesn’t count, he’s gone 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

STA coaches certainly aren’t working on behalf of their kids when they also prioritize replacing them with better kids in the off-season do rein in your high and mightiness 

You're forced to revert to your instinct to lie and obfuscate because you're clueless on football and wrong on this particular issue.

• Thumbs Down 2

On 5/20/2019 at 12:01 AM, Pops said:

Here's the official tale of the tape, at least as far as recruiters are concerned.  

De La Salle

Grant Daley             '20.          WR            0*                       Cal-Davis +1

Shamar Garrett      '20            RB             0*                       Air Force +4

St. Thomas Aquinas

Derek Wingo         '20             LB             4*                       Penn St verbal

Marcus Dumerville '20.        OL              4*                      Alabama +36 

Devon Betty          '20.          OLB            4*                      Ohio St, Texas, Michigan, FSU....

Jahvante Royal.  '20             WR             4*                     Ohio St +18

Marcus Rosmy.   '20             WR             4*                      Texas +26

Tyreak Sapp        '21            SDE            4*                     Florida verbal

Riyod Wilmott.    '20.            SDE            3*                      Missouri +9

Jahmari Sylvester '20.         OL              3*                      Missouri +8

Andy Garcia        '20             LB              3*                      Boston College +7

Marion Martinez '20.          OL              3*                      Ohio St +25

Xavier Restrepo '20.           WR.            3*                      Oregon, Michigan +23

Colby Dempsey '20            DB              3*                      Michigan +12

Griffin Lampton '20            ATH.          3*                      Oregon +12

Boaz Saint-Vil  '21             DT              3*                      Georgia +10

Brian Brewton.  '20            "RB             2*                      

Jamari Maybin '20.           DT              2*                       Illinois

Bobby Washington '20.   DT              2*                        Louisville

Dontae Lunan '20             ATH           2*                       Syracuse, Kentucky

Joey Kirner. '20                 TE.            2*                       Louisville +3

Theandis Freeman '20.   WR           2*                        Kentucky +7

DJ Humes '20                   LB.          0*                         Pittsburgh

Keion Smith '20               DB           0*                         BC, Pitt Mizzou +7

Jalen Moss '20                DB.          0*                        Kentucky

Quincy Skinner '21.        WR          0*                         Kentucky +2

Jonathon Bowlees '21   WR          0*                         Southern Miss

Christian Opalsky  '21    WR           0*                         Northern IL, Southern Miss

Tyson Russell '21.          WR          0*                        Mizzou +6

Anthony Hankerson '22 RB          0*                         Southern Miss

Julian Armella '22          OL           0*                        Ohio St, Oregon +12

Zion Turner '22              ATH         0*                        Southern Miss

Breaking D1s down by position:

Position                                  DLS                            STA

QB                                               0                                0

RB                                               1                                2

WR                                              1                               8

OL                                               0                               4

TE                                               0                               1

DL                                              0                                5

LB                                              0                                4

DB                                             0                                3

ATH                                          0                                3

TOTALS                                  2                                30

Which position group advantages are most significant 

i think the fact that STA has 5 D1 DL and 4 D1 LB vs DLS having 0 D1 linemen are what is making this game a push 

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

Did he clearly want to play major college football?

Yes.

I know it's hard for goofballs like you to believe but kids with his profile and ability want to sign with FBS schools and dream of playing big-time college football.

Not everybody is as corny as you.

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

i don’t know Wilson but do know a couple of DLS guys that turned down multiple BCS offers (ie notre dame, Oregon, Nebraska) to attend ivy 

I remember one myself but that's irrelevant. It's not what Jhasi Wilson did. He's going to Northern Arizona to play football.

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

Also, we can now drop the idea that he had an Arizona State offer. They stopped recruiting him.

https://247sports.com/Article/Three-star-LB-Jhasi-Wilson-still-taking-his-time-123453304/

Arizona State had offered Wilson earlier in the spring but he said he's not talked with them as much.

"I'm still talking to them a little bit but not as much as before," said Wilson. "I was being recruited by Coach (Antonio) Pierce."

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

Which position group advantages are most significant 

i think the fact that STA has 5 D1 DL and 4 D1 LB vs DLS having 0 D1 linemen are what is making this game a push 

I've already proven that "offers" listed on those sites are basically worthless.

So now that we've established that DLS having two is just poor coaching work, and 30 is a meaningless number at this point, we can put this silliness to rest.

19 minutes ago, Pops said:

The best part about this is that Pop was still lying to himself about the Arizona State offer when I could see from a mile away that no such offer existed.

So he had to keep lying and claiming that there are reasons to choose FCS Northern Arizona over P5 Arizona State.

Then, of course, I found the article showing that they stopped recruiting him.

Now, Pops will be forced to make something else up.

17 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Yes.

I know it's hard for goofballs like you to believe but kids with his profile and ability want to sign with FBS schools and dream of playing big-time college football.

Not everybody is as corny as you.

So you’re generalizing based on your experience with the kids you recruit to STA?  

Gotcha

Can we talk about this year?

will you travel 5-deep or leave some of your 9 D1 WRs at home?

18 minutes ago, The Guru said:

More silliness.

As if 28 D1s are needed to be competitive in a football game.

You're a loon.

How many are required?

How many of the 30 began at STA?

Why did you need to replace those guys if it was overkill?

17 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Also, we can now drop the idea that he had an Arizona State offer. They stopped recruiting him.

https://247sports.com/Article/Three-star-LB-Jhasi-Wilson-still-taking-his-time-123453304/

Arizona State had offered Wilson earlier in the spring but he said he's not talked with them as much.

"I'm still talking to them a little bit but not as much as before," said Wilson. "I was being recruited by Coach (Antonio) Pierce."

So, to prove he didn’t have an offer you posted an article that said he’d received an offer?

strange logic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

So you’re generalizing based on your experience with the kids you recruit to STA?  

No, I'm generalizing based on experience with high-level kids who play at high-level programs.

(and because I read an article where he said an OSU offer would be a "dream")