It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

1 minute ago, Pops said:

This is also true but I was referring to you ability to endorse altered realties with a straight face 

Everything I'm saying is true.

In fact it's so true that you can't come up with even a weak counterpoint. Or any counterpoint at all.

When Pops is effectively neutered on a topic this is what he does: attempt to ameliorate the damage with pithy one-liners. 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

We’re saying same thing — we just disagree on how the advancement of the students is defined

Yes, I think for high school coaches it's defined by college opportunities and scholarships.

You think it's the mesh point of the veer and then telling people that you're a better person for it.

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

Again, what has Alumbaugh done for the last 5 months?

Serious question that I doubt anyone will/can answer.

Alumbaugh, like all the DLS coaches that are ever mentioned, are teachers.  His subject is English (Lad’s and Eidson’s Is religion, Allioti is dean of stidents, etc)

I don’t know Alumbaugh well, but remember talking to Lad about him right after he retired.  He’s a smart kid (UCLA) from a good family (father was successful in the SF finance communinty), who basically chose a path if servant leadership vs financial reward 

i expect he’s been teaching, watching film, and pounding the phone trying to find scholarships for his 195# linemen 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Everything I'm saying is true.

In fact it's so true that you can't come up with even a weak counterpoint. Or any counterpoint at all.

When Pops is effectively neutered on a topic this is what he does: attempt to ameliorate the damage with pithy one-liners. 

You are the boxer rising from the mat and raising his hands in the air after regaining consciousness 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Yes, I think for high school coaches it's defined by college opportunities and scholarships.

You think it's the mesh point of the veer and then telling people that you're a better person for it.

If the job of the STA coaches is to get opportunities for their kids, why are they always looking for kids that already have better opportunities to replace them with?

serious question 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

Alumbaugh, like all the DLS coaches that are ever mentioned, are teachers.  His subject is English (Lad’s and Eidson’s Is religion, Allioti is dean of stidents, etc)

I don’t know Alumbaugh well, but remember talking to Lad about him right after he retired.  He’s a smart kid (UCLA) from a good family (father was successful in the SF finance communinty), who basically chose a path if servant leadership vs financial reward 

i expect he’s been teaching, watching film, and pounding the phone trying to find scholarships for his 195# linemen 

Your wasting your time with him

Los has never coached a day in his life so he is too stupid and narrow minded to comprehend the actual work that goes on behind the scenes and he thinks that STA is the only school doing things correctly and everyone else is stupid and irrelevant

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pops said:

You are the boxer rising from the mat and raising his hands in the air after regaining consciousness 

Another one-liner because you know deep down that you don't have an argument.

When you think you have an argument, you post your talking points in bullet-point form.

When all else fails, you claim that you have "knocked out" someone when you're clearly squirming.

• Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

If the job of the STA coaches is to get opportunities for their kids, why are they always looking for kids that already have better opportunities to replace them with?

serious question 

Because your question is an incorrect generalization.

That was easy.

And it didn't take me two days to come up with an answer.

• Thumbs Down 1

19 hours ago, Pops said:

but nobody offers 5’11, 215# DL

29 minutes ago, Pops said:

Notice how the weights are going down.

Soon Pops will be claiming that DLS has Pop Warner sized kids.

All so he can make his fanciful stories come right.

Just now, Pops said:

because it’s an fcs school?  He had an offer from Arizona St 

A common fallacy, repeated.

He signed with Northern Arizona because that was his best offer.

You can look at Rivals databases all day but on signing day the only offers you have are the LOIs you can sign and deliver.

Period.

Anything else is just a lie.

52 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Notice how the weights are going down.

Soon Pops will be claiming that DLS has Pop Warner sized kids.

All so he can make his fanciful stories come right.

This is a good example of you just being annoying 

I’m not going to go off tangent and argue that 215 was one guy and 195 was different guy (several guys actually)

look, we’ve got a 30 vs 2 D1 game coming up where the consensus is close to even or even leaning toward the team with two and I honestly don’t get it 

or would you rather debate semantics 

56 minutes ago, The Guru said:

He's better than that.

I agree 

I actually thought he was going to ASU until your post 

dont know if he offer was pulled or he just prefers the high desert 

reminds me of another LB that was a junior against you — DJ Moffitt — he had a couple of Pac12 offers but wound up at unlv somehow 

DLS has been getting 2-7 D1s per year for 30 years (except mid 00s when it was 0-1) — that is well above average but not nationally elite 

I think your attempt to castigate the DLS coach’s for not being as successful as STA’s in scholarship generation has run its course with no traction — no one is denying STA does that tremendously well 

no one thinks that explains 30 v 2 

20 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I think you're confusing preparing kids for college with getting them into college (consider the recent college admissions scandal), and I think you're confusing getting kids into college with getting them positions on a college football team.  

I don't think the point of high school athletics is to prepare those who participate in them for college athletics.

I think you’re confusing engaging a rational human being in a reasonable, civil discussion with, well, beating your head against a wall.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

Exposing the DLS myth of no talent because of few offers is hardly semantics.

Well, that didn’t work 

wanna take a vote?  You can always rely on your Fluffer 

btw, do you ever see dsouth on your message board hobbling 

I liked that guy 

44 minutes ago, Pops said:

I think your attempt to castigate the DLS coach’s for not being as successful as STA’s in scholarship generation has run its course with no traction — no one is denying STA does that tremendously well 

On the contrary, it's gotten plenty of traction. That's because it has the added benefit of being true and demonstrable.

And your attempts to deflect are becoming pitiful.

This is not comparative. STA has nothing to do with DLS' inability to get the offers that they merit.

39 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

I think you’re confusing engaging a rational human being in a reasonable, civil discussion with, well, beating your head against a wall.

You're right. DLS fanboys are not the least bit rational or reasonable.

Take this thread for instance.

Evidence stacked on one side and yet because of cognitive dissonance they believe the contrary.