It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

46 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

If the point of high school athletic was to prepare those who participated in them for college athletics, then the overwhelming majority of those who participated in them would have no reason to do so, since most have no reasonable chance of playing at the next level and are aware of that fact. But since that's implausible, we can infer that the point of high school athletics isn't to get those who participate in them prepared for college athletics.

The kids who participate in high school athletics overwhelmingly want to play at the college level. Whatever level that may be.

You're doing what you usually do. Dodge, parse and dance.

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

If a high school football coach's job was to maximize the number of his players who get offers and if DLS's coach has failed to meet this requirement, then he would be guilty of malfeasance and would not be able to keep his job for very long, given, as you have pointed out, how prominent DLS's program is. But since that's implausible, we can infer that it's either not a proper part of a coach's job, or that DLS's coach has not failed to meet that requirement, or both.

Apparently, it's not important to them as the fanboys (like you) have proven.

But it's definitely true that they suck at it. That can no longer be disputed (and hasn't been by you or anybody else)

6 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

You know as well as anybody that DLS way out performs their talent that they have.

This is the conventional wisdom that everybody is expected to parrot.

There's no evidence to support this. There is evidence, however, that people like Pops and others actively campaign to underrate the "talent" on their roster so they can turn around later and make this very claim when they lose big games.

DLS has had more than enough talent to win every NorCal game, as they have done since 1991. Otherwise? It seems to be a toss-up. I believe they're 15-14 in OOS and SBG.

Is 15-14 "way out performing the talent that they have"?

No.

It's propaganda that DLS fans have centered their entire existence around.

18 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I don't know all the details, just generalizations.

It's almost too good to be true.

Lay out a bunch of nonsense allegations and then claim that you don't really know anything and that you're just repeating generalizations without support.

23 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

If you really want to know how the coaches feel, just go to spartanhood and read what Lad himself has written. He pretty well sums up the DLS  policy. If you want to call him full of b.s. after reading, than go ahead.

And for the chef kiss of Spartan fanboyism we have an appeal to Lad that has nothing to do with the subject-matter.

I have great respect for Lad and very little respect for the fanboys that his winning has spawned.

26 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The kids who participate in high school athletics overwhelmingly want to play at the college level. Whatever level that may be.

You're doing what you usually do. Dodge, parse and dance.

But that doesn't mean the reason why they play in high school is to be able to play in college. Your comment here is garbage. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It's almost too good to be true.

Lay out a bunch of nonsense allegations and then claim that you don't really know anything and that you're just repeating generalizations without support.

I'm just not going to presume I'm all knowing about what goes on at each  H.S. and their policies. Know one does.

30 minutes ago, The Guru said:

😂

Then the quick u-turn to try to explain that the passive-aggressive, ass-covering pettiness wasn't actually passive-aggressive, ass-covering pettiness.

The judgment refers to each H.s. has their own agenda and I'm not going to moralize , just state the obvious

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

So a recap...

ME: DLS is bad at getting offers for their players.

POPS: You insulted the Marines! Semper Fidelis!

ME: What?

POPS: I'm going to tag a proud Marine to get his opinion!

ME: Why?

POPS: Spoken like a true liberal!

ME: Come again?

POPS: Agree to disagree!

Thanks for sharing your perspective 

you remind me of my wife 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, The Guru said:

This is the conventional wisdom that everybody is expected to parrot.

There's no evidence to support this. There is evidence, however, that people like Pops and others actively campaign to underrate the "talent" on their roster so they can turn around later and make this very claim when they lose big games.

DLS has had more than enough talent to win every NorCal game, as they have done since 1991. Otherwise? It seems to be a toss-up. I believe they're 15-14 in OOS and SBG.

Is 15-14 "way out performing the talent that they have"?

No.

It's propaganda that DLS fans have centered their entire existence around.

Your the one pointing out that DLS has very  few  D-1s . I agree with you 

4 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

If the point of high school athletic was to prepare those who participated in them for college athletics, then the overwhelming majority of those who participated in them would have no reason to do so, since most have no reasonable chance of playing at the next level and are aware of that fact. But since that's implausible, we can infer that the point of high school athletics isn't to get those who participate in them prepared for college athletics. 

If a high school football coach's job was to maximize the number of his players who get offers and if DLS's coach has failed to meet this requirement, then he would be guilty of malfeasance and would not be able to keep his job for very long, given, as you have pointed out, how prominent DLS's program is. But since that's implausible, we can infer that it's either not a proper part of a coach's job, or that DLS's coach has not failed to meet that requirement, or both.

So, it looks like you're confused about the point of high school athletics and also about whether DLS's coach has done his job reasonably well. 

I’m torn between laughter and applause 

I read it in the time of someone explaining whether hell is exothermic or not 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/46qp6n/a_chemistry_student_was_asked_to_explain_if/

6 hours ago, The Guru said:

Yes, your staff blows on this subject.

That's what I've been saying.

I’ve already agreed that STA does this as well as anyone — the academy schools are a sammy tier above everyone else 

I assume by “DLS coaches blow” that’s just canesism for the other 14,000+ schools that don’t make it THE priority of their job 

Do you think DLS being a clear overachiever on the field vs STA being the poster boy underachiever is related or coincidental?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pops said:

I’ve already agreed that STA does this as well as anyone — the academy schools are a sammy tier above everyone else 

I assume by “DLS coaches blow” that’s just canesism for the other 14,000+ schools that don’t make it THE priority of their job 

Do you think DLS being a clear overachiever on the field vs STA being the poster boy underachiever is relate  d or coincidental?

Pops gets the concept of The Tiers.  Probably more so than anyone on this forum.  Which is why he gets so upset at some of the placements.  On occassions he is even proven correct.

• Thanks 1

I think why I give the DLS fan boy's here a tough time is because whenever one of these DLS chat session's come up it always turns into Aristotle vs Godzilla. 

It's like these guys really believe DLS is on some higher magical level while everyone else is Godzilla.

Guess what?

DLS is just another high school football team trying to win big games like all the other Godzilla's. It's just that simple.

The people at DLS surely must know a team like STA has 25 times more talent and no values according to the Aristotle's here yet they schedule the Godzilla again.

Why schedule Godzilla and when he EATS you then talk shit about Godzilla's philosophies...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, badrouter said:

But that doesn't mean the reason why they play in high school is to be able to play in college. Your comment here is garbage. 

This is one of the dumbest things that has ever been said on this forum.

And there's a lot of competition for that title.

11 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I'm just not going to presume I'm all knowing about what goes on at each  H.S. and their policies. Know one does.

But you just did.

You claimed that you know about DLS and that you know about MD and SJB.

You're so incompetent that even Pops is embarrassed.

11 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Your the one pointing out that DLS has very  few  D-1s . I agree with you 

Again, wrong.

I'm the one pointing out that DLS is bad at getting their kids offers. They have two offers at this point because they suck at or don't emphasize this part of their job.

Then I just I said that DLS fanboys underrate their talent so they can make the claim that you just made.

Totally consistent from start to finish.

9 hours ago, Pops said:

If you don't make the advancement of your students the priority of your job then you suck as a coach/teacher.

Again, what has Alumbaugh done for the last 5 months?

Serious question that I doubt anyone will/can answer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pops said:

Do you think DLS being a clear overachiever on the field vs STA being the poster boy underachiever is related or coincidental?

I think this is cliched claptrap that is unsupported by actual facts.

In fact this is the sole reason why you work so hard to underrate DLS' player pool. So you can play the plucky overachiever card.