It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

57 minutes ago, RedZone said:

badrouter is evidently a Lakeland guy so I get his motives....

No doubt that this is his only consideration.

Whatever lie he can tell or story he can spin to benefit the perception of Lakeland.

95% of the board is like that with their own team.

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

My opinion is the current STA HC is a terrible X and O guy. Especially on the offensive side. They call way too many wasted and predictable plays......he's not fully utilizing his talent in other words.

He has never called plays and is not involved in play-calling on either side of the ball.

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

He's in charge of the guy that is...

No offensive identity is the only thing I see keeping the DLS game relatively close.

The offensive coordinator from 2006-14 came back last year. He took the worst offense in two decades with a shattered QB and scored the second most points in school history.

They have an identity and the structure and play-calling on offense will be fine. I'm sure of that.

• Thumbs Down 1

28 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The offensive coordinator from 2006-14 came back last year. He took the worst offense in two decades with a shattered QB and scored the second most points in school history.

They have an identity and the structure and play-calling on offense will be fine. I'm sure of that.

We will see...

Screenshot_20190522-101901.thumb.png.02a5f7058527ca3a4ad0d7868eee3d4a.png

LMAO

"95% of board is like this with their own team"

Los has to be the biggest hypocrite on this entire board, he shows up anytime anyone is saying STA isn't greatest team of all time and bashes them for it, probably because Los is so starved for attention and credibility that he thinks them winning is thanks to his work when in reality they have never once gained a single win from anything he has done there

It's laughable how some people can't see how stupid he is

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

badrouter is evidently a Lakeland guy so I get his motives....

You’re the biggest homer in the board so I get why you show up in popular threads 

it’s the only place people will read what you type — you have to stand in front of them to talk about rummel or Louisiana

no one visits or responds to the threads you start 

btw, I think the rest of us could believe DBP are nails and worked out with marines the way a down Ironman team cruised against apparently one of the Boot’s best 

big pond/ little pond Little Buddy 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

You’re the biggest homer in the board so I get why you show up in popular threads 

it’s the only place people will read what you type — you have to stand in front of them to talk about rummel or Louisiana

no one visits or responds to the threads you start 

btw, I think the rest of us could believe DBP are nails and worked out with marines the way a down Ironman team cruised against apparently one of the Boot’s best 

big pond/ little pond Little Buddy 

Whatever makes you feel good about your own shortcomings, pop's. 

I've grown bored talking about all of them. 

Going from Plato to a 3rd grader is a great look for you though.

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

Deaf, blind and dumb is no way to go through life.

It helps to read threads before you comment in them.

If a player claims offers from Arizona State and Air Force but then signs with Northern Arizona, he didn't have those offers on signing day.

Here is how it works, again.

That offer was listed all year 

surely, ASU knew about it 

it may have been pulled for some reason, or it may have never existed, but isn’t the former much more plausible?

i get that a kid can lie (or possibly misunderstand) but I don’t see how that can be uncorrected for so long 

Reminds me of this story about a kid that had a press conference to announce his choice of schools when he didn’t have any offers 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pops said:

it may have been pulled for some reason, or it may have never existed, but isn’t the former much more plausible?

i get that a kid can lie (or possibly misunderstand) but I don’t see how that can be uncorrected for so long 

It's certainly possible as in they liked 5 kids and extended offers but then closed shop after they got two LB commits.

I'm not calling the kid a liar at all.

I'm just relaying the reality of scholarship offers.

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

He was 6'2" 210 lbs. Good athlete and captain at top program.

De La Salle's staff couldn't place him on an FBS roster anywhere in America.

This counters Pops' claim that DLS has a bunch of 5'9" slapdicks who can't get looks becuase of measurables.

It doesn’t counter anything I said 

Nice try, tho

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

It's certainly possible as in they liked 5 kids and extended offers but then closed shop after they got two LB commits.

I'm not calling the kid a liar at all.

I'm just relaying the reality of scholarship offers.

Ok

Since he had a Pac12 offer (among many others), can we stop using Wilson as an example of DLS coaches NOT doing for their players 

am open to a different example, one that makes sense

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

And, of course, failing to get kids offers is the price of integrity.

Or at least that's what fanboys want you to believe when they're run out of explanations.

You’ve already failed at your example of DLS NOT getting kids offered and now you’re drawing conclusions from it?

can you explain the second sentence — you are saying DLS guys want people to believe that the team could get a lot more scholarships if the coaches weren’t restrained by integrity?

what color is the sky in the world you live in?

A little potential good news for the future of DLS football. Brodie Tagaloa, the youngest bro, has decided to play football. He is 6-3 and about 215 as freshman. He played basketball this year and will play varsity football in ‘19-‘20. Looks to be leaning towards TE/DE.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pops said:

can you explain the second sentence — you are saying DLS guys want people to believe that the team could get a lot more scholarships if the coaches weren’t restrained by integrity?

Sure.

You claim that integrity and morality are what keep DLS from acting like STA, MD, etc.

Of course that's not the point being made. You're purposefully lying to avoid the actual issue.

The point has never been that DLS should attract better players. It's that DLS is poor at working on behalf of the kids they already have.

This point hasn't been lost on anybody who approaches this issue in good faith.