It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

4 hours ago, badrouter said:

Yup, I was the dude from Florida commenting on whatever board it was at the time. I kind of tried to run into someone who was there but it seemed like a pain, so I went back over to the Bells side lol. All things considered, that game was the one vs. a Bay area team that had folks REALLY scared. The first half of the Folsom game this past year had me feeling similarly as I did that night, though DLS pulled away more vs. Folsom than against Bellarmine. 

Yep

that Bellarmine team was pretty good 

they played the Pac5 champ (ie SJB, md, cc, etc) very tight in D1 SBG, losing on last second TD I want to say 42-37 or close 

After hyperimprovement through Brotherhood kum-bye-ya sing-a-Kong’s, DLS shutout socal’s Top team 35-0. 

PS I definitely remember you — think I  even got eyeballs on you from your location description at time but from across field — admired your interest in just a good game by two teams across the country you knew nothing about

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Most of these players who get offers have to settle for something less. 

Yes, these players being the ones at places like De La Salle.

I love you goofballs who don't provide any evidence or arguments for anything. You just say things and expect people to believe you. Why? All because you have to defend everything that DLS does.

11 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

An offer can be conditional, or pulled at college's discretion . Just because a player draws some interest does not make it reality. College's love to hedge their bets and just throw out offers. 

Proof that you don't actually read anything in these threads before you run your mouth.

This is what I've been saying all while Pops has been claiming, laughably, that kids choose Northern Arizona over Arizona State for good "reasons."

• Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, Pops said:

they played the Pac5 champ (ie SJB, md, cc, etc) very tight in D1 SBG,

it was Santa Margarita.....those other teams hadn't been born yet for the most part.

In fact, (4-6) Mater Dei beat Santa Margarita 21-14 in the regular season.

St John Bosco was 8-4 that year.

CC was a respectable 12-2 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, badrouter said:

All I have to do to push your buttons and cause a mild explosion is just state objective facts like the 6-2 record. 😂

I never fall for your obvious baiting like posting things about games from 23 years ago.

They are always desperate attempts by you to gain relevance.

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

it was Santa Margarita.....those other teams hadn't been born yet for the most part.

It's like when Pops brags about beating "Socal's best team" but then you realize it was Westlake.

Anybody who has read Pops' stuff knows the games he plays.

He has to lie and or manipulate things to make his points because his points suck.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

So the whole 30 vs 2 is a little misleading.   

Don’t be a Guru

Instead of “D1”, let’s say 3* or better 

a coach might have some influence in getting a kid on the radar but after that, the Stars are pretty much on the kids. No?

so let’s exclude all the 2* or less kids from both lists and only count 3*s or above (even though that excludes a half dozen kids with SEC offers from you and only two kids with William and Mary offers from DLS) 

STA has a 16 to 0 advantage — you have more 4* players alone than DLS has ever had D1s for any of their 13 MNCs 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Nah but they may schedule them once George Smith retires as AD

He basically said they won't play as long as he is there 

I respect Smith and root for anyone saying No to IMG but seems a bit hypocritical 

so is CIF btw, prohibiting scheduling them while practically simultaneously allowing/ enabling the advent of similar academy sort of schools/ roster 

if these schools are going to exist I wish they’d form a sort of separate league and just play each other 

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

He IS most definitely a game player and tries to plant subliminal seeds.

That’s the least hateful thing you’ve ever said about me — I am touched 

I’m just curious what you think is subliminal ..... 

I’m not trying to be covert at all — am just giving the D1 stats on a game of note and opining that seems strange that this game is being considered competitive (but, also that I get it)

i’m not sending sub-sonic messages to the brain — I promise 

14 minutes ago, Pops said:

I’m just curious what you think is subliminal ..... 

I’m not trying to be covert at all — am just giving the D1 stats on a game of note and opining that seems strange that this game is being considered competitive (but, also that I get it)

Yeah, subliminal was a strange choice of words.

You're very open with your lies and deception.

14 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Yeah, subliminal was a strange choice of words.

You're very open with your lies and deception.

Your choice of word is even stranger 

in one sentence or less, please tell me what you are referring to with a lie

I think it’s what everyone else would call facts 

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Easily.   There are probably others too, I think it just takes longer.     So the whole 30 vs 2 is a little misleading.   

With respect to pops because I see where he’s coming from. And I agree with him.. But it is a little misleading. I think that Hearns, Hale, Daley, Garrett, Seastrand, Crespi, Taofoano, Tasi, Berry, Puckett, and Norfleet have the POTENTIAL to be D1 players. But these kids other than the aforementioned 2 don’t have any offers as of yet. But they also played behind some pretty damned good players last year. Many of which will be playing D1 next year. The cupboard is not empty. But at the end of the day, the real talent discrepancy is solidly in STa’s favor. Only 11 can play at a time, however,  so let’s get this thing going😎

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The Guru said:

POPS: There are reasons why someone would choose Northern Arizona over Arizona State.

POPS: STA is an academy.

POPS: I root for anyone saying no to IMG.

1). Not a lie — Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t make it a lie 

2). Not sure if that’s verbatim or not — sta is not an academy, but their football team behaves Like one so semantics at worse 

3) I don’t even get this one’s inclusion 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pops said:

1). Not a lie — Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t make it a lie 

It is a lie and one you only told because you didn't know that Jhasi Wilson didn't have an Arizona State offer.

Classic Pops.

Working backwards from something and trying to make it come right.

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

2). Not sure if that’s verbatim or not — sta is not an academy, but their football team behaves Like one so semantics at worse 

On 5/22/2019 at 12:02 PM, Pops said:

DLS coaches aren’t poor at this — an academy school like STA has it in their mission 

• Thumbs Down 1