Californa colleges could be prohibited from NCAA championships

HSFBfan

Just now, AztecPadre said:

As usual, Cali is waayyy ahead of the times.  Schools and especially the NCAA make a shit ton off players likeness and image.  Cali is just doing what's right and letting the players have a slice of the pie.  

And they will not be participating when it matters missing out on millions in revenue. So now players wont get to play when it matters and have worked their ass off trying to achieve but yeah let's praise cali lmaooo. It's called being an amateur. You make nothing. Schools are a business. They are allowed to make billions. Why do people hate this so much. And yes I was a college athlete 

30 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

And they will not be participating when it matters missing out on millions in revenue. So now players wont get to play when it matters and have worked their ass off trying to achieve but yeah let's praise cali lmaooo. It's called being an amateur. You make nothing. Schools are a business. They are allowed to make billions. Why do people hate this so much. And yes I was a college athlete 

Because those pricks in the NCAA haven't worked a day in their life and don't give a shit about the athletes unless it's making them money for their private jets, they are white collar criminals at it's finest

I'm fine with schools Making money but the pricks in suits in NCAA don't deserve a dime off the players and I hope all them go bankrupt and have to live on the street

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Because those pricks in the NCAA haven't worked a day in their life and don't give a shit about the athletes unless it's making them money for their private jets, they are white collar criminals at it's finest

I'm fine with schools Making money but the pricks in suits in NCAA don't deserve a dime off the players and I hope all them go bankrupt and have to live on the street

Understand your opinion. I disagree with it but your entitled to your opinion. 

I think people just hate the rich and anything to do with people making money and lots of us people resent it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Understand your opinion. I disagree with it but your entitled to your opinion. 

I think people just hate the rich and anything to do with people making money and lots of us people resent it. 

No I don't hate the rich

I hate the rich who are selfish and only got there by screwing people over

The people who are rich and constantly giving back to those less fortunate are ok in my book

Those people in the NCAA are a cross between a politician and a greedy businessman, both who won't hesitate to push their weight around and screw people over to make more money 

• Like 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

No I don't hate the rich

I hate the rich who are selfish and only got there by screwing people over

The people who are rich and constantly giving back to those less fortunate are ok in my book

Those people in the NCAA are a cross between a politician and a greedy businessman, both who won't hesitate to push their weight around and screw people over to make more money 

They sit on a board who make the amateur rules that colleges have to abide by. You seem to have this resentment toward this job. They have a job they have a role. Do I agree with all their decisions no but they get paid to make those decisions. I have absolutely no issue with the NCAA. 

• Thanks 1

Players shouldn’t be paid because they are only there 3 to 5 years and during that time they are rewarded with a free education that will last them a lifetime.  No crushing student debt and no worry for them and their family on how to pay for college. 

Just to play a game that they love and choose to play.  Other than a couple players throughout the schools history, 99 percent of the players do not benefit the school in the long run from a marketing and sales perspective. 

But all of those players will get degrees that will set them up for life.  And most of the players who go on to play professionally might not have ever been able to do that if they weren’t developed by a college program. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Players shouldn’t be paid because they are only there 3 to 5 years and during that time they are rewarded with a free education that will last them a lifetime.  No crushing student debt and no worry for them and their family on how to pay for college. 

Just to play a game that they love and choose to play.  Other than a couple players throughout the schools history, 99 percent of the players do not benefit the school in the long run from a marketing and sales perspective. 

But all of those players will get degrees that will set them up for life.  And most of the players who go on to play professionally might not have ever been able to do that if they weren’t developed by a college program. 

Basketball players are there for 1 year at least for the top players and yep like you said no student debt 

I'll give kudos to shaq. He just went back to LSU to finish his degree. 

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1542632001

If they are to profit from their name or likness the NCAA could prohibit the schools from participating in NCAA championships. 

I can see the arguments on both sides BUT, I don’t trust any legislation our esteemed CA legislators dream up.  They have about 99% failure rate imo.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, On2whls said:

I can see the arguments on both sides BUT, I don’t trust any legislation our esteemed CA legislators dream up.  They have about 99% failure rate imo.

Let ca pass the bill the state of California will become irrelevant in college sports as athletes will know they have no chance of playing for any national championship 

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

What did you play in college and at what school?

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

It's not "free", you have obligations, practice, off season training, community outreach, hosting recruits and class load....

Nothing free about it.

Were you a scholarship athlete?

BGW

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It's not "free", you have obligations, practice, off season training community outreach, hosting recruits and class load....

Nothing free about it.

Were you a scholarship athlete?

BGW

Amen to that.  The 4 and half years I was in college playing ball, were absolutely insane.  I can't count how many times I thought about quitting. Glad I didn't, but it was not easy. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

Technically, most universities are “not-for-profit”, which we know is total bullshit. Maybe it’s time to end their tax-preferred status? Same with churches, synagogues, and mosques.

Yeah you know there is no way in hell that is happening. Churches every week say they are broke and need more money. They put signs out front saying how much they have collected and how much more they need. And yes not for profit. How much money does the colleges put back into it with scholarships salaries upgrades on everything etc etc 

The NCAA is so backwards and hypocritical. They’re in it for the best interest of the “student-athletes” my ass. Talk about exploitation.

It’s almost comical. They lack common sense and can be so black and white it’s joke. It’s a gray world, you need to adapt and be adaptable to each differing situation and circumstances, you can’t say rule BJ123 says this....therefore it has to be XYZ. F-ing run like its the 1950’s with a simpleton approach. 

One of this days there will be a college version of Curt Flood who says enough of this bullshit and pushes back enough that it will right this someday and hopefully force this dinsours to get in the 21st century.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cossacks said:

The NCAA is so backwards and hypocritical. They’re in it for the best interest of the “student-athletes” my ass. Talk about exploitation.

It’s almost comical. They lack common sense and can be so black and white it’s joke. It’s a gray world, you need to adapt and be adaptable to each differing situation and circumstances, you can’t say rule BJ123 says this....therefore it has to be XYZ. F-ing run like its the 1950’s with a simpleton approach. 

One of this days there will be a college version of Curt Flood who says enough of this bullshit and pushes back enough that it will right this someday and hopefully force this dinsours to get in the 21st century.

Rules and laws are black and white. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Cossacks said:

And the enforcement of them doesn’t have to be. There is spirit of the law and letter of the law. Ask any cop worth a damn what they practiced and followed.

I wasnt talking about enforcement. I said the written law is black and white.. sure I'll go talk to my dad 24 year vet of the NYPD

4 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I wasnt talking about enforcement. I said the written law is black and white.. sure I'll go talk to my dad 24 year vet of the NYPD

For the most part they are black and white, but even then why do you think laws are always challenged and changing. Different interpretations of what they actually mean. 

Well if your dad lasted 24 years I’d bet he had to use common sense and good decision making to last that long. The letter of the law guys burn out quickly. And thank him for his dedication and service.