Millennials not down with alphabet soup

Bormio

GLAAD has done a poll and millennials are apparently increasingly uncomfortable with all this LGBTQ harangue taking place.  Much less comfortable having a gay family member and so forth.  Two likely factors.  First, the militancy is rubbing people the wrong way.  Second, millennials are moving into their 30’s, getting jobs and families - and are unsurprisingly becoming more conservative.

• Like 2

The reason why Trump winning seemed like an upset was because of the bullying, violence, and intolerance the loony ass unhinged left wingers would put out. 

Trump supporters were afraid to show support publicly. They know how dangerous most democratic voters are.

Same thing with gays. People are afraid to speak their opinion publicly. Gays and trannies are mentally disturbed and unhinged, and the bullying puts fear in normal Americans. People are vilified, economically and socially destroyed just for speaking against these scum. 

People are waking up

23 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

The reason why Trump winning seemed like an upset was because of the bullying, violence, and intolerance the loony ass unhinged left wingers would put out. 

Trump supporters were afraid to show support publicly. They know how dangerous most democratic voters are.

Same thing with gays. People are afraid to speak their opinion publicly. Gays and trannies are mentally disturbed and unhinged, and the bullying puts fear in normal Americans. People are vilified, economically and socially destroyed just for speaking against these scum. 

People are waking up

What evidence do you have that gays are unhinged and that most Democrat voters are dangerous?

Is this yet another strong claim with nothing to support it? What fun. 

10 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

What evidence do you have that gays are unhinged and that most Democrat voters are dangerous?

I noticed you didn’t include his other adjective or who else he was referencing.... 

Are you admitting transgenders are mentally disturbed ? 

On 6/27/2019 at 9:44 PM, Nolebull813 said:

People are waking up

When the largest majority group has to spend many formative years being told that somehow they are the problem by birth right (college campuses are free thought vacuums), they will have formed opinions that go against these 'policies'.

You have mostly two kinds of youth today...those that buy in....and those that don't...

and years of graduates who have been taught not to express their own thoughts.

Just because they don't express them, people make the mistake of believing they don't think that way.

Probably the REAL reason why the left is losing....not Hillary etc.

• Like 2

Millennials are moving into their 30’s.  They are settling down, getting married, having kids, getting a more steady job.  They are naturally becoming more conservative.  And they are probably not real excited about the prospect of their children being gay.  Does not mean they “hate” gays, but they would prefer their children were not.  A pretty normal parental reaction.  This is not 4 years ago. Millennials have begun their shift to the right.  Remember, the Vietnam generation became Trump voters.

2 hours ago, Troll said:

When the largest majority group has to spend many formative years being told that somehow they are the problem by birth right (college campuses are free thought vacuums), they will have formed opinions that go against these 'policies'.

You have mostly two kinds of youth today...those that buy in....and those that don't...

Just because they don't express them, people make the mistake of believing they don't think that way.

So very true. Even if we agree doesn't mean I really believe. Those that learn the most are the ones with the questions. Schools can teach you about history but not the future.

8 hours ago, Troll said:

There's probably some truth to this. I know in my own case that I entered UC Berkeley as a liberal and left as a conservative. 

Even though I studied classics and not American history or English or anything like that, I still got a heavy dose of the worldview that straight white men are evil and that everyone else is good.

Among other things, I had to satisfy a requirement which they called something like "multicultural America." I took a course which was essentially a history of all the terrible things that white men have done to non-whites over the years in this country. The professor was a Japanese American man and his four grad students were all non-whites. Conservative opinions were not to be heard.

My roommate was a white guy who studied biochemistry. We would talk about how crazy our classes were. For fun, we collected advertisements for campus clubs that we thought were racist. We'd bring them home and stick them on the fridge. One of our favorites said something like "We welcome Chicanos and Chicanas, Filipinos and Filipinas..." and on and on like that, and then the list ended with "...and non-racist whites". I guess in the case of white people, you have to specify that you only welcome the non-racist ones. 

12 minutes ago, Scottdale said:

Then why is Trump president?

The majority of voters cast their ballots for Hillary.

And trump is associating with tyrants.

Guess you never heard of the electoral college. 

Not to mention God knows how many illegals voted. 

Cue the .... “but illegals can’t vote” schmendricks in 3....2......1 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 10:28 AM, Belly Bob said:

There's probably some truth to this. I know in my own case that I entered UC Berkeley as a liberal and left as a conservative. 

Even though I studied classics and not American history or English or anything like that, I still got a heavy dose of the worldview that straight white men are evil and that everyone else is good.

Among other things, I had to satisfy a requirement which they called something like "multicultural America." I took a course which was essentially a history of all the terrible things that white men have done to non-whites over the years in this country. The professor was a Japanese American and his four grad students were all non-whites. Conservative opinions were not to be heard.

My roommate was a white guy who studied biochemistry. We would talk about how crazy our classes were. For fun, we collected advertisements for campus clubs that we thought were racist. We'd bring them home and stick them on the fridge. One of our favorites said something like "We welcome Chicanos and Chicanas, Filipinos and Filipinas..." and on and on like that, and then the list ended with "...and non-racist whites". I guess in the case of white people, you have to specify that you only welcome the non-racist ones. 

College campuses were their own little utopia back in the day...(Farrakhan was even gospel in some lol)...and it goes well beyond black/white for ability to have an opinion...those get suppressed

Can't imagine what the social war pressure is like today, given the far greater acceptance of political correctness...

or is that really a misnomer....as in far greater given...not far greater accepted...(kind of the point I was getting at)

either way, there are probably 'some' things that are harder for today's youth....than when we walked to school uphill both ways...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Excellent question. You and @Nolebull813 should get together and figure out how to save us from the violent tyranny of the gays.

Gays are certainly emboldened after 8 years of an Islamophile fruit cake in office. They are overly aggressive and think they can get away with more shit than heterosexuals. 

Just look at Kevin spacey. After being accused of sexual assault ..... he goes sorry about my past transgressions but I’m gay. Like that excuses his behavior. 

2 hours ago, Troll said:

College campuses were their own little utopia back in the day...(Farrakhan was even gospel in some lol)...and it goes well beyond black/white for ability to have an opinion...those get suppressed

Can't imagine what the social war pressure is like today, given the far greater acceptance of political correctness...

or is that really a misnomer....as in far greater given...not far greater accepted...(kind of the point I was getting at)

either way, there are probably 'some' things that are harder for today's youth....than when we walked to school uphill both ways...

Yeah, I don't like it at all. They preach diversity, but they don't seem to be very interested in diversity of opinions, but only in diversity of race and gender etc. -- at least across a wide range of departments.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Case closed. We gotta get those homos back in line, where they belong.

The people here are up in arms over tyrannical homosexuals yet their Catholic hearts are still with the gayest damn religion in the world.  No one has more sexual assaults than Father Dick Fitswell and crew.  But what about Kevin Spacey? 🤘

It's like my fellow brothas getting upset when a rogue cop shoots one of us in suspicion but not have the same angst when we do it to one another.

Funny I don't see all these unhinged gays much till I turn on the news and another Priest has abused 300 freaking kids.  All tyrannical homos should join the Church where they will be protected 😎.  That seems the most accommodating place for them on earth.

32 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The people here are up in arms over tyrannical homosexuals yet their Catholic hearts are still with the gayest damn religion in the world.  No one has more sexual assaults than Father Dick Fitswell and crew.  But what about Kevin Spacey? 🤘

It's like my fellow brothas getting upset when a rogue cop shoots one of us in suspicion but not have the same angst when we do it to one another.

Funny I don't see all these unhinged gays much till I turn on the news and another Priest has abused 300 freaking kids.  All tyrannical homos should join the Church where they will be protected 😎.  That seems the most accommodating place for them on earth.

It is funny, but political pundits need to make a living and they're good at getting the hoi polloi all riled up.

In the political world, the sky is always falling.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Case closed. We gotta get those homos back in line, where they belong.

While I certainly get the point of your snark ITT...it still remains that Big Gay is one of (if not THE) most powerful brands in the country right now. While I certainly support the movement, It's pretty undeniable that there's a "fall in line or get figuratively curbstomped" vibe in the air. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

While I certainly get the point of your snark ITT...it still remains that Big Gay is one of (if not THE) most powerful brands in the country right now. While I certainly support the movement, It's pretty undeniable that there's a "fall in line or get figuratively curbstomped" vibe in the air. 

I hear you. I thought it was very brave of Jordan Peterson to refuse to toe the line at Toronto. And I think that he gained a bit of celebrity precisely because there is a silent majority in this country. At least in academia, I think there are a lot of people who keep their mouths shut because they want to avoid the shrill-voiced protestors who might demand their resignations if they express doubts about the latest policy to protect members of the LGBTQ community or members of some other disadvantaged group.

Still, let's not get carried away. 

On 6/29/2019 at 1:13 PM, Belly Bob said:

Still, let's not get carried away. 

yes let's not...definitely agree with that one

quick question...is banning the speech of JP and censoring

now the appropriate response?

many speak of the imbalance....not the group.....

which is an important distinction also.