Anti-ICE protesters take down American flag to hoist Mexican flag

NorCalRuss

15 hours ago, Horsefly said:

The play is on YouTube, looks interesting I’m gonna watch it

It's not as captivating on film (Gene Wilder/ Zero Mostel) as it is on stage but it's exactly what we see happening today.

It was written as a warning as Ionesco had seen the rise of Fascism. "its message of the perils of conformity is timelessly"

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, noonereal said:

The DEms and TRump had an agreement. You really don't recall? 

Then Trump, in typical Trumpesque, changed his mind after listening to the wingnuts.

Don't be a herd animal, be objective and learned. It's OK to be conservative. It's not OK to be a lying piece of manipulative shit like Trump. 

Trump is the all powerful sent from God to save this land. 

It is blasphemous to speak Ill of his name.

The Lord knows that America makes the world go round, and after 8 years of destruction, he sent Trump to save it. That’s the only reason he is President. To save wretches like you and I. 

If you fully submit now, I will turn a blind eye to your atrocities. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Trump is the all powerful sent from God to save this land. 

It is blasphemous to speak Ill of his name.

The Lord knows that America makes the world go round, and after 8 years of destruction, he sent Trump to save it. That’s the only reason he is President. To save wretches like you and I. 

If you fully submit now, I will turn a blind eye to your atrocities. 

LOL, good post.

We need more levity in politics. It has become so hate filled. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

It's not as captivating on film (Gene Wilder/ Zero Mostel) as it is on stage but it's exactly what we see happening today.

It was written as a warning as Ionesco had seen the rise of Fascism. "its message of the perils of conformity is timelessly"

I just finished, it got the point across.  It was a timely piece especially under our current regime.   

I will resist becoming a rhinoceros!   😂 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

These people should be lined up have a noose placed over their neck and hung til they feet quit kicking. 

None of the local liberals here mind that another country flag was hoisted and American flag taken down. They prefer to blame republicans and talk about plays. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, NorCalRuss said:

None of the local liberals here mind that another country flag was hoisted and American flag taken down. They prefer to blame republicans and talk about plays. 

Of course. Liberals hate this country. Trump is right everytime he calls them out and his statement to omar and AOC is 100% right on the money. 

Also pelosi is screwed. She had a lower approval than trump and she has no control over these new congresswomen

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Meanwhile, folks have no problem parading around a confederate flag, a flag representative of a traitor nation that actually went to war with the US.  and not a peep from the flag hugging patriots. Perspective.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Meanwhile, folks have no problem parading around a confederate flag, a flag representative of a traitor nation that actually went to war with the US.  and not a peep from the flag hugging patriots. Perspective.

Stay on topic. A foreign flag was raised in place of American flag on our soil and not a peep from you. 

A retired Veteran... Embarrassing... 

If a Confederate flag was raised, my opinion would be equal...

Embarrassing.... 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:45 PM, Horsefly said:

True....

So you being of such strong moral fiber, are going to of course condemn those waving the wrong flag right?

At least as much as you condemn that other flag.

You do apparently think that those flying the Mexican flag on American soil is just as objectionable as the confederate one right?

I do believe Mexico has gone to war in the past with the US as well...

Or is that one totally different and not as bad....

as it only "oppresses"  ALL Americans, and does not insult blacks so much? 🤔

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Troll said:

True....

So you being of such strong moral fiber, are going to of course condemn those waving the wrong flag right?

You do apparently think that those flying the Mexican flag on American soil is just as objectionable as the confederate one right?

giphy.gif

Great point....

No, he won’t comment on it. He’s a bleeding heart liberal and denies it often... The OP was about Mexican flag being hoisted in place of American flag and he didn’t comment on that but went on some rant about confederate flag...

On 7/16/2019 at 5:49 PM, NorCalRuss said:

Great point....

No, he won’t comment on it. He’s a bleeding heart liberal and denies it often... The OP was about Mexican flag being hoisted in place of American flag and he didn’t comment on that but went on some rant about confederate flag...

Par for the course...

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, Troll said:

True....

giphy.gif

Yes, I don’t condone waving and flying other flags over the US flag.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2019 at 5:57 PM, Horsefly said:

Yes, I don’t condone waving and flying other flags over the US flag.  

Good man... as in true to your own beliefs 👍 and not hypocritical. 

Thank you for the clarification...

and your notation of hypocrisy from "some" on the other side may stand in such case...😁

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Great point....

I just smacked the ball into your court, waiting for your volley.   

51 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I just smacked the ball into your court, waiting for your volley.   

Should’ve been the first comment “ on topic” instead of ranting off on issue about a confederate flag , then being called out on it and we could’ve had simple common ground... That’s the problem with all this politics bs. 

29 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Should’ve been the first comment “ on topic” instead of ranting off on issue about a confederate flag , then being called out on it and we could’ve had simple common ground... That’s the problem with all this politics bs. 

I asked you a question on your principles.  What are your thoughts on those that raise the confederate flag?   Do you extend the same level of energy as you do for the Mexican flag, etc by starting threads and so forth.