Colquitt County vs Lake City Columbia Kickoff classic

Columbiafan

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Haha. 

Call it whatever you want. Coach Rogers' version of Hawg Air is making the trek to down somewhere off of US 90 to showcase some players and make some points. 

I'm thinking Colquitt will bring between 90-100 players.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

People are either trolling or don’t know what the fuck they are talking about. 

A scrimmage and a preseason game are 2 completely different things. A kickoff classic is a term used to describe the preseason games during preseason week. 

A scrimmage is controlled drives and plays and no score is kept. 

I don’t know what this get together is. Is Georgia allowed to play preseason games this week? Florida doesn’t scrimmage during their preseason week. They play a real game that doesn’t count towards the W/L record. Scrimmages are usually intersquad and take place the weeks leading up to the preseason week. 

So what the fuck is this Colquitt/Columbo doo-hickey? 😂

I was told it was gonna be played like a real game...but honestly, I don't know.  Georgia usually plays a preseason scrimmage (against another team) the week before opening night.  Most all these scrimmages are controlled with no hitting the punter and no hitting the QB.  If this Columbia game is played like a real one...the Blackhats are gonna think it's Christmas in August.

They're already taking their frustrations out on our offense.  They want to hit another flavored jersey !!!!  I think Coach Rogers will verify....we are truly looking forward to this one...no matter whether it's controlled or real.

COLQUITT COUNTY IS COMING !!!!!

.....and we're bringin EVERYBODY.

Rufus>>

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I was told it was gonna be played like a real game...but honestly, I don't know.  Georgia usually plays a preseason scrimmage (against another team) the week before opening night.  Most all these scrimmages are controlled with no hitting the punter and no hitting the QB.  If this Columbia game is played like a real one...the Blackhats are gonna think it's Christmas in August.

They're already taking their frustrations out on our offense.  They want to hit another flavored jersey !!!!  I think Coach Rogers will verify....we are truly looking forward to this one...no matter whether it's controlled or real.

COLQUITT COUNTY IS COMING !!!!!

.....and we're bringin EVERYBODY.

Rufus>>

Nothing controlled

Looking forward to game one and hopefully we can make it official in 2020

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I mostly imagine that the JV will be coming. In Georgia, we usually go 3 quarters with varsity 1s and 2s and then the JV works the last quarter. Of course, the coaches likely already worked out all these details among themselves when agreeing to a game. 

Hawg...tell the truth.

Colquitt's JV will be in the game by halftime.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

We know that Columbia will be treating this as a real game, and will be judged as so.  For CC it is merely a scrimmage tho.

Sammy...you are 100% correct.....

BUT....

I have a feeling...Colquitt will come to play.  Especially if it's being played as a REAL game.  We don't like losing.  Our poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs will be ready to rumble.

No Excuses....................

Rufus>>

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

We know that Columbia will be treating this as a real game, and will be judged as so.  For CC it is merely a scrimmage tho.

This. Columbia certainly needs the ink. Colquitt is more established as a national type squad already. 

The X-Factor is, Colquitt has a coach that is filling some big shoes so, he kinda has some stuff to prove too. He's gotta prove some stuff to the Colquitt faithful and obviously to the national pollsters outside of Jeff Fisher.

If these national pundits keep on like this with him and Colquitt, I'm gonna have to break my Rodney Dangerfield mask out again. Coach Rogers getting no respect! xD

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This. Columbia certainly needs the ink. Colquitt is more established as a national type squad already. 

The X-Factor is, Colquitt has a coach that is filling some big shoes so, he kinda has some stuff to prove too. He's gotta prove some stuff to the Colquitt faithful and obviously to the national pollsters outside of Jeff Fisher.

If these national pundits keep on like this with him and Colquitt, I'm gonna have to break my Rodney Dangerfield mask out again. Coach Rogers getting no respect! xD

We been trying to build ink

We can't control that many teams out there are scared bitches who won't step up

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

And img is different then st joes... most the seniors and juniors been on team since freshman year... didn’t colquit get some high profile Transfer last week?? 

Who transferred here? 

News to me. Even if they did, they still gonna have to earn the job, and, the kid he beats out for the spot ain't leaving because he got beat out. He will work to be better and knock that kid back off his spot. 

Up where y'all are... A big name from PC transfers to SJR then the SJR kid who loses his spot transfers to Bosco. 

Bullshit fragile mentality. The ultimate participation trophy mentality really. 

Instead of getting better, just go somewhere else where you don't have to get better. See it all over the place now and days. 

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Who transferred here? 

News to me. Even if they did, they still gonna have to earn the job, and, the kid he beats out for the spot ain't leaving because he got beat out. He will work to be better and knock that kid back off his spot. 

Up where y'all are... A big name from PC transfers to SJR then the SJR kid who loses his spot transfers to Bosco. 

Bullshit fragile mentality. The ultimate participation trophy mentality really. 

Instead of getting better, just go somewhere else where you don't have to get better. See it all over the place now and days. 

I think the All-American transfer went to Peach County. At least before he transfers again to Tift...or Thomas Central....(Smile).

Rufus>> 

43 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

And img is different then st joes... most the seniors and juniors been on team since freshman year... didn’t colquit get some high profile Transfer last week?? 

The kid you are referring to was a punter. He inquired about playing here, but would not have played due to his grades. At least that is what I heard.

Even if he was allowed to come to Colquitt, he would not have been a slam dunk to start bc we have some strong legs already in the system. I'd imagine that played a part in him moving to the next school.

Apparently the kid is enrolled at Peach County now. This will make 3-4 schools that he has attended in high school.

I'm glad we did not take him. He sounds like one of those private school prima donna types anyways.

• Like 2

Just now, CCBlackhatter said:

The kid you are referring to was a punter. He inquired about playing here, but would not have played due to his grades. At least that is what I heard.

Even if he was allowed to come to Colquitt, he would not have been a slam dunk to start bc we have some strong legs already in the system. I'd imagine that played a part in him moving to the next school.

Apparently the kid is enrolled at Peach County now. This will make 3-4 schools that he has attended in high school.

I'm glad we did not take him. He sounds like one of those private school types.

It’s alright there’s this one stud by us that’s on his 4th school in 4 weeks

9 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Exactly. The prima donna private school type.

Fragile and not driven type. They take the "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"  statement literally and get going to different schools and stuff. 

I don't think they're understanding the meaning of the saying though. Probably just misunderstanding it is all. 

Then some of  these guys on here defend it like it is the best thing in the world on one hand and fuss about "participation trophies" on the other hand. Too damn goofy to realize it's the same thing and normalizing it or glorifying it is a detriment rather than a positive. 

16 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Exactly. The prima donna private school type.

For instance, last year at Colquitt there was a sudden change of position for one of our linemen Spradley after an injury. He moved to long snapper and won the job there over young Max Parker. Now Max coulda got his feels hurt and transferred to an Albany school or something different, but, he stayed, practiced harder and was here in case the other kid got hurt.  Now he will be the man, and Colquitt was much better because of the depth last year and he has that extra year of practice and camps this year. Plus he ain't no fragile psyche flip flopper and increased his mental toughness by dealing with that situation. 

Up there and over yonder, these coddle-bug kids grow up to be fragile psyche adults because they're enabled to become that by their parents and people like these on here defending it. 

• Like 2