Colquitt County vs Lake City Columbia Kickoff classic

Columbiafan

25 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

It's only a preseason scrimmage if we get rolled. Lol

Yeah basically

Just like IMG

Had we gotten blown out by them then everyone would have said "see Columbia can't even put up a fight against a good team"

Yet had that been STA blowing IMG out everyone would been propping them up for it 

If Colquitt wins big than it's Columbia sucks, if Columbia wins it's only preseason

We just can never get a real chance to show what we are capable of, btw I'll be willing to meet up before the game and talk football

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah basically

Just like IMG

Had we gotten blown out by them then everyone would have said "see Columbia can't even put up a fight against a good team"

Yet had that been STA blowing IMG out everyone would been propping them up for it 

If Colquitt wins big than it's Columbia sucks, if Columbia wins it's only preseason

We just can never get a real chance to show what we are capable of, btw I'll be willing to meet up before the game and talk football

It's a preseason scrimmage aka sparing match before the big fights

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

We just tried to get IMG which is basically a OOS team and I could see Colquitt vs Columbia being a regular season game after this KOC this year

What's the point of KOC? Seems like a waste of time.... or make the KOC games count.

Just now, Columbiafan said:

And very realistic possibility now that we see getting Colquitt to travel to lake city not being a challenge

Honestly I could see them next year just turning it into a regular season game

Off topic, but are there any updates with the potential game between columbia and jcc? 

1 hour ago, Kalven said:

What's the point of KOC? Seems like a waste of time.... or make the KOC games count.

It's a scrimmage intended to be a team's final tune up before the regular season starts. They just call them KOCs in Florida for some reason. 

In Georgia, there is a real KOC that counts for regular season records called the Corky Kell Kick Off Classic that usually matches up a good many of the top teams in the state. 

Colquitt will meet North Gwinnett in the CKKOC this year and we expect Colombo to be a good tune up to get our guys fired up.

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's a scrimmage intended to be a team's final tune up before the regular season starts. They just call them KOCs in Florida for some reason. 

In Georgia, there is a real KOC that counts for regular season records called the Corky Kell Kick Off Classic that usually matches up a good many of the top teams in the state. 

Colquitt will meet North Gwinnett in the CKKOC this year and we expect Colombo to be a good tune up to get our guys fired up.

Probably because we don't have a week 1 event like GA

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Two big time KOCs involving GA and FLA so far:

Cedar Grove/Miami Central

Colquitt/Columbia

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Two big time KOCs involving GA and FLA so far:

Cedar Grove/Miami Central

Colquitt/Columbia

Hell yeah!

Cedar Grove is probably in over their heads if the Rockets are anything like what folks are expecting. 

Certainly don't know what to excpect from Columbo myself. Talked to some Colquitt o-linemen earlier today and they hadn't really been told of the game, but, when I explained who we were playing, "the IMG killers", they kinda grunted and said, "Goooood, could be decent test then."

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hell yeah!

Cedar Grove is probably in over their heads if the Rockets are anything like what folks are expecting. 

Certainly don't know what to excpect from Columbo myself. Talked to some Colquitt o-linemen earlier today and they hadn't really been told of the game, but, when I explained who we were playing, "the IMG killers", they kinda grunted and said, "Goooood, could be decent test then."

The departures for MC might affect them in a negative way. Cedar Grove SHOULD be okay since talent isn't an issue for them. Lost their head coach, so we'll see how it goes for them. 

• Like 1