Prep Force guy reads our Board regularly

Sammyswordsman

PrepForce

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • Members
  • 45 posts
On 1/3/2019 at 4:40 PM, PrepGridiron said:

I know there was discussions about Folsom in your last Q&A, but Folsom didn't make it into your final poll - do you really think Oaks Christian is better? 

Last answer for the night as I have to run but I will check back later.

Ah the great PrepGridiron Folsom question. Folsom sent the whole thread into a spiral last year. Where is that guy lol.

As for Folsom they looked great as long as the other team had no defense. They played two real games all year got blanked in one and needed OT for the other. They need to show much better against Cathedral Catholic to earn a ranking. I think CC is a fine team but they squeeked one out over Narbonne. St. Louis took Narbonne to the woodshed albeit not at full strength Ill admit. When it was all said and done and the title games had been played I just didn't think NorCal outside of DLS was all that strong this year. 

Loved this little gem.  @PrepGridiron was tryna stick up for the devil.

I think Jeff Fisher and some of the other ranking services guys/staff peruse our board fishing for info.  This is why we have to post our expert takes vigorously.  At the end of the day, I do take comfort in that the logical and crowd sourced Tiers were effective in getting the devil booted from @PrepForceTop 25

• Haha 3

Well, it really makes sense for guys that do some national rankings to follow along some here. 

It's nearly impossible to know enough about enough teams to even make an educated guess about where teams should fall without some "boots on the ground" in all the regions of the country. 

Thats's the one brilliant thing about this site. 

Now, they also have to figure out who is full of shit and who is pretty honest on their takes while "perusing." That's where the major challenge comes in as far as attempting to use this board as a resource. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, it really makes sense for guys that do some national rankings to follow along some here. 

It's nearly impossible to know enough about enough teams to even make an educated guess about where teams should fall without some "boots on the ground" in all the regions of the country. 

Thats's the one brilliant thing about this site. 

Now, they also have to figure out who is full of shit and who is pretty honest on their takes while "perusing." That's where the major challenge comes in as far as attempting to use this board as a resource. 

For Christ sake Hoover won the pick ems contest.. just shows that there’s no skill in picking winners

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Kalven said:

Folsom is a notch below teams like Cen10 and Jserra. I think they will be competitive or best teams like Oaks Christian, Mission V, Norborne and Orange Lutheran.  

C10 maybe... what has JSerra ever done? They have one good season, lose to Oaks Christian in the playoffs and everyone wants to crown them California royalty. The game against SJB was a fluke as MD showed when they murdered JSerra.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

C10 maybe... what has JSerra ever done? They have one good season, lose to Oaks Christian in the playoffs and everyone wants to crown them California royalty. The game against SJB was a fluke as MD showed when they murdered JSerra.

I think this years JSerra will make nose. I like them a lot better than Oaks. Good comeback win for Oaks last year tho.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Theyll roll Milton bc Milton isnt going to be good.

They will need a major influx of talent if they plan on doing any damage on the state level this year, much less nationally.

You don't just rebound from a beat down like that in a couple months without some sort of miracle taking place.

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Agreed! i see them taking out Cen10 first round

What, like out to dinner and first round (soda of course) is on them?  You only get one dream and you wasted yours on Servite in the “Boy am I glad they compacted the playoff” bowl.

• Haha 1