Sickest Uniforms

BobbySanchez

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I know it's just me being "old school"...but I never liked the escaped mental patient white on white.  

Give me the unwashed plain white jerseys and the Dirty Old Gold pants.

Rufus>>

I always liked those as well. Back when they were made locally over at Bob's Athletic Wear. If a jersey got ripped or something else like that happened they'd repair it before the following Friday night. 

I do like the white on white with the black helmets though. These unis this year have stripes down the leg rather than the team name. Now the name is on the front and back of the jersey instead. 

Even better than whether you or I like them, the kids love them. They loved them the past two years. They literally begged to be allowed to wear them in the Benz last year but weren't allowed to. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I always liked those as well. Back when they were made locally over at Bob's Athletic Wear. If a jersey got ripped or something else like that happened they'd repair it before the following Friday night. 

I do like the white on white with the black helmets though. These unis this year have stripes down the leg rather than the team name. Now the name is on the front and back of the jersey instead. 

Even better than whether you or I like them, the kids love them. They loved them the past two years. They literally begged to be allowed to wear them in the Benz last year but weren't allowed to. 

Good!  Can't give these kids things they want.  That would be about the worst thing in the world.  Seriously, what was the reason for not allowing them to wear the jerseys?  

9 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Did they match the other teams jersey?  Too similar?

Eh, I don't think they were that similar, and even if they were, the pants were totally different and the helmets as well. Probably some obscure rule somewhere pulled up.

I'm not even sure who disallowed them to wear the white on white. Could have been coaches or the GHSA. 

I just know the kids asked to wear them and it was shot down. 

Edit to add the link about jersey colors

https://football.epicsports.com/football-uniform-decoration-rules.html

7 minutes ago, NJFOOTBALL1984 said:

Wasn’t there a DBP uniform the Alumni didn’t like? A few years ago. They wore it only once, I think. Against a big opponent.

Yes it looked like ASU Sun Devil's..many didn't like it.  Mid 80's we had gold around the numbers (liked it) and Michigan helmets maroon and gold (did not like it)

• Thanks 1