Most Difficult places to play?

BobbySanchez

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

In Georgia:

Mack Tharpe @HawgGoneIt- Colquitt needs to do something about that damn graveyard across the road from the football stadium... It's unsettling... 

Lowndes- The Stone Palace as I've said before is Loud,huge and the fans are obnoxious but they support their team they always fill up the stadium. 

During Valdosta vs Lowndes games the city practically becomes a ghost town... 

Mconell-Tolbert Stadium in Warner Robins- both Northside WR and Warner robins HS share this stadium and it's hostile all the time. Houston County also plays there but they're a non-factor now that Jake Fromm ain't there... 

Camden County- the swamp folks have made a name for themselves. Those rowdy rowdy Wildcats... 

I think you're right... Colquitt needs to add a few new headstones to the graveyard.

There are a few notoriously tough places to play for visiting teams. 

Certainly have to have Martin Stadium in Lowndes County on there. Having the stadium around 2/3s full of Lowndes fans and band. The band in their own stands in the south endzone is a little crazy. Especially for opposing kickers trying.for field goals toward that end. Their band is seriously raucous.

Bazemore-Hyder Stadium, in spite of Valdosta having a few down type years recently, is a tough place for visiting teams. 

The MAC in Warner Robins. Yeah. Huge homeside looms over the visiting.team loaded with a raucous crowd. Certainly a tough stadium. 

Chris Gilman over in Kingsland fits the bill. Recently it may be a little tougher for the visiting crowd than the visiting team though. They sit their rowdies sporadically around the visitor side giving the stadium a unique feel for visiting fans. It's never been an easy place for visiting teams either. 

I've never had to play against Colquitt at Mack Tharpe Stadium so, I can't speak to it from personal experience, but, I do feel like it's a tough place for visiting teams with the fans right on top of the field and a good third of the visitor's side loaded with raucous Packers fans. The addition of the little kids' stands at the north endzone adds a little something now too. (At least we don't sprinkle in our rowdies throughout the visitor side like Camden and Valdosta do. Our local folks are relegated to sit in the southernmost section of the visitor section separated from the visiting fans by a fence, Lowndes has a similar arrangement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think you're right... Colquitt needs ti add a few new faces to the graveyard.

There are a few notoriously tough places to play for visiting teams. 

Certainly have to have Martin Stadium in Lowndes County on there. Bazemore-Hyder Stadium, in spite of Valdosta having a few down type years recently, is a tough place for visiting teams. 

The MAC in Warner Robins. Yeah. Huge homeside looms over the visiting.team loaded with a raucous crowd. Certainly a tough stadium. 

Chris Gilman over in Kingsland fits the bill. Recently it may be a little tougher for the visiting crowd than the visiting team though. They sit their rowdies sporadically around the visitor side giving the stadium a unique feel for visiting fans. It's never been an easy place for visiting teams either. 

I've nevee had to play against Colquitt at Mack Tharpe Stadium so, I can't speak to it from personal experience, but, I do feel like it's a tough place for visiting teams with the fans right on top of the field and a good third of the visitor's side loaded with raucous Packers fans. The addition of the little kids' stands at the north endzone adds a little something now too. (At least we don't sprinkle in our rowdies throughout the visitor side like Camden and Valdosta do. Our local folks are relegated to sit in the southernmost section of the visitor section separated from the visiting fans by a fence, Lowndes has a similar arrangement)

Hey...doesn't Rab sit in the southernmost section of the visitor side?

At least when he's medically cleared to make the trip.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

13 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

In Georgia:

Mack Tharpe @HawgGoneIt- Colquitt needs to do something about that damn graveyard across the road from the football stadium... It's unsettling... 

Lowndes- The Stone Palace as I've said before is Loud,huge and the fans are obnoxious but they support their team they always fill up the stadium. 

During Valdosta vs Lowndes games the city practically becomes a ghost town... 

Mconell-Tolbert Stadium in Warner Robins- both Northside WR and Warner robins HS share this stadium and it's hostile all the time. Houston County also plays there but they're a non-factor now that Jake Fromm ain't there... 

Camden County- the swamp folks have made a name for themselves. Those rowdy rowdy Wildcats... 

HOCO has their own field now, brotha. Veterans uses their field tho.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:24 AM, Reb72 said:

me too, just seems like it could be a great matchup...

but never say never, Midland Lee came (over 600 miles), Cocoa, FL came (850 miles), AH came (almost 1,000 miles)

booster club loves to spend money 😎

Oh, say never. We know how much colcuts loves traveling for OOS games.