Most Difficult places to play?

BobbySanchez

50 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

I remember reading about that. Got a clip?

Since that happened, I'll go with your assessment. Those refs were horrible. 

Can't find a clip but the game is on YouTube...it is in the last minute or so in the WCAC 2018 semifinal (Gonzaga at SJC). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

You implying that BTW got lucky and Bingham had a bad game or something.    That wasn’t the case IMO.  Bingham did not “gift” BTW that game.   

I’m implying Bingham just quit on defense.

If they played 10 times, 5 in South Jordan and 5 in Miami, Bingham wouldn’t lose at home and probably could have got 1 or 2 in Miami. 

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’m implying Bingham just quit on defense.

If they played 10 times, 5 in South Jordan and 5 in Miami, Bingham wouldn’t lose at home and probably could have got 1 or 2 in Miami. 

I disagree.  A bunch of starters didn't even play due to risk of injury (which was annoying) including their best WR, and still, the only thing preventing them from scoring was themselves.    Bingham's dbs stood no chance.  

Either Elder’s The Pit previously noted or maybe the most difficult of all:  Gonzaga on North Capitol street a half dozen blocks from the U. S. Capitol.  A cramped stadium with great character.  Several excellent photos of it are in this link.  https://www.google.com/search?q=gonzaga+high+school+football+stadium&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=AuGxmDQlJd2jgM:

10 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Image result for bazemore hyder stadium

Back in the day (waaaayyyyy before my time), this use to be one of the most toughest places to play at. Ever since the loss of Wright Bazemore and Nick Hyder, the stadium has lost some of its mystique. 

I give GA a lot of crap but love the history of this program 

6 hours ago, Pops said:

I give GA a lot of crap but love the history of this program 

The program history is above outstanding...but for those in the know (or at least understand what I'm about to say)....that pic is not Death Valley.

They may call it...Bazemore-Hyder...but it just ain't the same.  No where near......

Rufus>>

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

not an easy place... 

dsfield9-01-17b.jpg

I would love to see Colquitt and West Monroe  do a home and home...but 560 miles one way...just ain't feasible.  Of course, if I could entice Coach Rogers to dump the Corky Kell and promote the Babe White Classic in Mack Tharpe on a Saturday evening...perhaps you guys could join us for a little "meet & greet"...(Smile).  And throw in a football game just for general principle.  I'm sure Willie would spring for that !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I would love to see Colquitt and West Monroe  do a home and home...but 560 miles one way...just ain't feasible.  Of course, if I could entice Coach Rogers to dump the Corky Kell and promote the Babe White Classic in Mack Tharpe on a Saturday evening...perhaps you guys could join us for a little "meet & greet"...(Smile).  And throw in a football game just for general principle.  I'm sure Willie would spring for that !!!!!

Rufus>>

me too, just seems like it could be a great matchup...

but never say never, Midland Lee came (over 600 miles), Cocoa, FL came (850 miles), AH came (almost 1,000 miles)

booster club loves to spend money 😎

8 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

me too, just seems like it could be a great matchup...

but never say never, Midland Lee came (over 600 miles), Cocoa, FL came (850 miles), AH came (almost 1,000 miles)

booster club loves to spend money 😎

Not much way we would travel 1200 miles (round trip) to play a game.  Not even if Hawg was gonna foot the bill.  With Rush being out....use of the Lear jets are no longer an option.

Besides...we make a helluva lot more pesos when we play at home.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Not much way we would travel 1200 miles (round trip) to play a game.  Not even if Hawg was gonna foot the bill.  With Rush being out....use of the Lear jets are no longer an option.

Besides...we make a helluva lot more pesos when we play at home.

Rufus>>

I hear 'ya, unfortunately that's kinda what happens with success, no longer have to travel (kinda what happened with my Rebs too).

Some folks round here are ready for a new, younger coach that has that "anybody, anywhere" kind of drive again...  may be coming 🤔

42 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

I hear 'ya, unfortunately that's kinda what happens with success, no longer have to travel (kinda what happened with my Rebs too).

This statement is a complete mindfuck.

So because of success a team no longer has to travel? And this is what happen to West Monroe. But what success has West Monroe had recently?

And what rule states that a successful team no longer has to travel? Or can't travel?

Huh?

17 minutes ago, The Guru said:

This statement is a complete mindfuck.

So because of success a team no longer has to travel? And this is what happen to West Monroe. But what success has West Monroe had recently?

And what rule states that a successful team no longer has to travel? Or can't travel?

Huh?

not in disagreement, just sayin it can become the mindset, especially with older coaches (like Shows and Arledge).  Everytime Arledge is approached his response is "I like to sleep in my own bed, if they want to play let 'em come." 

Really think (as do many others round here) it's why WM is no longer relevant on the National scene

2 hours ago, Reb72 said:

Some folks round here are ready for a new, younger coach that has that "anybody, anywhere" kind of drive again...  may be coming 🤔

I think Colquitt is a fair example of your scenario.  We do not hafta travel.  We actually have OOS people calling us to come to Mack Tharpe.  The scrimmage in Lake City is the exception.  Unfortunately, we have problems finding Georgia schools to scrimmage before opening night (or Saturday afternoon in our case).  When Columbia had the cancellation...we took it.  It's a little less than 2 hours one way.  And...we're scrimmaging a decent Florida team.  A reasonable exception.

But as a rule...we like to play at home.  We make good money and you'd be surprised who will make the trip.  Uh, we do pay pretty well....(Smile).   So...I agree...a team like Colquitt and West Monroe doesn't hafta travel.  We do enough of that in the Georgia playoffs.

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In Georgia:

Mack Tharpe @HawgGoneIt- Colquitt needs to do something about that damn graveyard across the road from the football stadium... It's unsettling... 

Lowndes- The Stone Palace as I've said before is Loud,huge and the fans are obnoxious but they support their team they always fill up the stadium. 

During Valdosta vs Lowndes games the city practically becomes a ghost town... 

Mconell-Tolbert Stadium in Warner Robins- both Northside WR and Warner robins HS share this stadium and it's hostile all the time. Houston County also plays there but they're a non-factor now that Jake Fromm ain't there... 

Camden County- the swamp folks have made a name for themselves. Those rowdy rowdy Wildcats...