2019 Tiers- Tier 3 RELEASED!

Sammyswordsman

Tier 1 - 

Tier 2 -  

Tier 3 - 

Tier 4 - 

Tier 5 -   OLGC , Iggy, Hoban, Acadiana, Chandler, West Monroe, Mission Viejo, Guyer, McEachern, Milton, Colquitt, Cen10AZ, Folsom, Eastside Catholic, Saguaro, Narbonne, Carol City

Tier 6 - St. Xavier (OH), Lowndes, Parkview, Loyola Academy, Destrehan, Servite,  DBP, AHP, C-Hill, Westlake (Tx), Bishop Dunne, Guyer, SPP, Grayson, Archer, North Gwinett, Columbia

*Requests to add your team will be honored.  But must be Tier 6 or above to be placed on a Tier.

Below is an explanation of the Methodolgy used to place the teams on various Tiers.  The Tier concept recognizes that W/L records are a function of quality of opponent, and as such, RELEVANCY of opponent MUST be factored in.  The Tiers recognizes that in some cases, a 10-0 team (ranked in Top 100 by some outlets) could get blown off the field by a 5-5 (unranked) team that played a tougher schedule.  This is why the Tiers was created.

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

*Teams are ranked appropriately for that week in the season.  Teams can improve and regress comparatively.

* The Tiers are fluid and subject to extreme fluctuations early in the year, leveling out as the year progresses.

*Tier placements consider a teams entire body of work, however are weighted heaviest on recent games and game weights decrease in significance in reverse order.  In other words, early road OOS losses to relevant teams can be overcome as the season progresses.

*Teams placed on the same Tier can compete with other same Tier teams and possibly win 2+ of 10. 

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from a TD to 3 scores depending on the styles of teams playing.  This does not necessarily mean that there is a 30 point difference between Tier 1 and Tier 3, only that the chances of a Tier 3 team beating a Tier 1 team are exponentially less than the chances of a Tier 2 Team beating a Tier 1 team.

*The Tiers will ultimately be made up of (16) teams per Tier that would form competitive playoff brackets.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot.  There must be a daisy chain OOS connection for a reference point.  Teams with no OOS daisy chain connection may not be placed on a Tier.  (Texas exempt)

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate

• Like 2

Colquitt & Parkview too low Sammy.

I can see you arent buying the Narbonne hype either... Well done.

Why is Servite on a Tier? And Acadiana? Really?

God I hope GAs 7A Champ actually plays in the GEICO games this year... Its getting a bit pitiful GA has to keep sending their 6A champ. Grayson in '16 & Milton in '18 shouldve went.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

God I hope GAs 7A Champ actually plays in the GEICO games this year... Its getting a bit pitiful GA has to keep sending their 6A champ. Grayson in '16 & Milton in '18 shouldve went.

Segura and Eastside tier 5 Jesus he better not have no wack ass teams in his tier 3 teams

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Colquitt Most likely gets adjusted up once the games start.  I just wasn’t impressed by the clips from the Columbia game, but prolly being to harsh.

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Saguaro & Eastside on the same tier as Acadiana & Servite is kinda head scratching.

Hes also got Denton Guyer on tiers 5 & 6.

Eastside got waxed by Jokes last year 12-35 and I  am pretty sure they lost most of their defense, which was their calling card.

Who knows about Saguaro.  IMO all horse no cattle.  From a small area outside Tucson.  Not a football hotbed.

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Eastside got waxed by Jokes last year 12-35 and I  am pretty sure they lost most of their defense, which was their calling card.

Who knows about Saguaro.  IMO all horse no cattle.  From a small area outside Tucson.  Not a football hotbed.

Fuck dude That shit your sniffing must be A1

lmao jokes? As in plural, bro they lost to oaks christian in their first game of season.. ain’t you ever hear of season Hypertension or what ever u call What DLS does 

AA32A1B4-351A-4EC6-B907-B78F242BF9A4.jpeg

6 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Fuck dude That shit your sniffing must be A1

lmao jokes? As in plural, bro they lost to oaks christian in their first game of season.. ain’t you ever hear of season Hypertension or what ever u call What DLS does 

Jokes was their only test all year  (failed) till they played a virtual tie with the devil (who also had no relevant wins during the regular season.  Still no relevant wins for Eastside.

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

How does this years Columbia stack up to last  years club?

Overall the team is more experienced this year at several key positions including QB, RB, and DL 

I've see many future stars from the current Sophomore and freshman classes that will keep this team good for a while but that's a topic for another time

This will be Jordan Smith in his second year as full time starter after taking over last year, very mobile QB who can make plays with his arm and legs

From what I saw against Colquitt he also seemed to be making smart decision making as Columbia never turned the ball over against Colquitt

They also seemed to bring a more balanced attack which felt lacking at times last year, if Columbia can establish a running game it will make the offense more deadly than last year offense was

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I suspect they will  be very good this year in spite of @ECHS05 , you GA expert, calling them overrated.  

Marietta was just named the No.1 team in Georgia for 2019 by the AJC...as I predicted.   They are currently...the bees knees.  They will only get better.  Lowndes is probably the only team that has a shot at them...and that's "Slim and none".  Just for the record...Slim was recently seen on I-10 heading west to Texas.

Oh Woe Is Everybody Else in Georgia

Rufus>>

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Marietta was just named the No.1 team in Georgia for 2019 by the AJC...as I predicted.   They are currently...the bees knees.  They will only get better.  Lowndes is probably the only team that has a shot at them...and that's "Slim and none".  Just for the record...Slim was recently seen on I-10 heading west to Texas.

Oh Woe Is Everybody Else in Georgia

Rufus>>

Damn rufus.......you post more about Marietta than Rosser and I combined!

We do appreciate the attention garnered by y’all sowega folks, but there’s a lot of football to be played before we deserve to be thought of by the likes of y’all. 

Thanks anyhow.......

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Damn rufus.......you post more about Marietta than Rosser and I combined!

We do appreciate the attention garnered by y’all sowega folks, but there’s a lot of football to be played before we deserve to be thought of by the likes of y’all. 

Thanks anyhow.......

Hoss....I did not post anything that was not true.

And you know it.............

Rufus>>